Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul[_3_]
Forum: Technology August 21st 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul[_3_]
How do I drain the radiator on my car?

I've seen plastic petcocks fubar when removed, I'd advise having
spare nearby. When in doubt, use some clear vinyl tubing, and siphon
old coolant into jugs for responsible disposal, or possible...
Forum: Technology August 20th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul[_3_]
radiator vs. condenser headache

If you've got the bucks, the hardware is available. You could;

A Have Refrigeration Repair company install long flex
lines after evacuating, tie lines out of way to service...
Forum: Technology August 20th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul[_3_]
brake bleed sequence

Some cars have Dual Diagonal brakes. Left Front and Right Rear
on one circuit Rt Ft + LR on other. Theory, if you blow out a
hydraulic system, you still have one front, and one rear brake.

Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul[_3_]
93 Passat smoke under hood

Most problems are found by observation. Start by cleaning engine
compartment. Wheel Cleaner or Simple Green works well. A soft brush
and some patience will strip years of crud from wiring.

Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul[_3_]
Battery will not charge with leads connected

The fact that your charging makes me wonder if your alternator diodes
are up to snuff. Test cars throwback voltage, if the alt. is putting
out, I'm stumped. No alt. output makes me suspect the...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul[_3_]
Intake Adapter; Intake sytem.

The short Air filters draw in power robbing engine heat, but look cool
doing it. For maximum power, get all the cold air flowing any way you
can. Check with someone that knows Ford FI for MAPP...
Forum: Technology August 17th 06, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul[_3_]
Repairing Rusty Electrical Connectors

You want metalworkers tinning compound, not electronics grade tinning
compound. Metalworkers tinning compound is a mixture of lead dust, and
acid. You apply it with a paint brush, to clean metal,...
Forum: Technology August 15th 06, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.antique,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul[_3_]
Repairing Rusty Electrical Connectors

Replacing the connector is a no brainer, the big issue is the steel
the screw bites into. I recommend a gentle blast with a hand held spot
blaster, than apply some tinning compound, heat the tinning...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8