Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken[_3_]
Forum: Technology October 14th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Contesting speeding ticket

wrote:
> I really was speeding. There's no doubt about that. I was busy
> talking to my wife and completely spaced the speed limit drop from 45
> to 30.
>
> Got an eight-two...
Forum: Technology October 11th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Radio wont turn off

Ah the history. Good to know that someone pays attention to the names
associated with the post. I did read one of the posts unknowing of the
OP's name and chose not to post as it seemed from the...
Forum: Technology October 11th 06, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
grabbing when backing up

Need more information please.
What year make and model car?
Automatic or standard transmission?
How many miles?
When you feel the pulsation under your foot is it while applying the
brake?
Does it...
Forum: Technology October 11th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Ken[_3_]
flushing of cooling system---different ways?

Coolant should be checked regularly and tested for Ph at least every 2
years even with the "extended life" coolant. The Ph should be > than 7
meaning little to no acidity (Test strips are available...
Forum: Technology October 10th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Radio wont turn off

It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you
to listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a
power window you forgot was open before you turned the key,...
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
what kind of tools will I need?

Don't forget the hammer!
Just Kidding.
Should have the access panel especially if its manual.

Harry Face wrote:
> Before you go to the extreme of removing the door panel , is there an
> access panel...
Forum: Technology October 5th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Radio wont turn off

Need some more info to be sure. Does it go off when you open the door?
Does power stay supplied to other electrical equipment or just the
radio? My car continues to supply power to the radio and...
Forum: Technology October 1st 06, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken[_3_]
98 Camry Elec. Probs. / Mystery Symptoms / HELP!!!!!

The computer brain for the cars many systems.

wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. PCM? What's that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > I have a 98...
Forum: Technology September 28th 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> I have a 98 Toyota Camry, 6cyl, XLE that has electrical problems.
>
> 1. When the door is unlocked, the alarm goes off.
> 2. While the door is open, the locks keep...
Forum: Technology September 27th 06, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Traction control in an AWD when all 4 wheels loose traction

AWS (All Wheel Slip) would occur. Equal torque being delivered to all
wheels.

chris wrote:
> Hi everbody!
> How does traction control in an AWD detect if all 4 wheels lost
> traction at the same...
Forum: Technology September 26th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken[_3_]
A groundhog took me out

Don't forget to "Kill all the goefers"
sdlomi2 wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I was...
Forum: Technology September 20th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Steering wheel issue

danalmsa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 2003 Toyota Camry LE with the 2.4 L engine. When I acceletare
> or brake, I can feel what I describe as a thump in the steering wheel.
> It only happens as soon...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Intermittent Power Loss in 1989 Chevy G10 Van with 305

Intermittent problems can be the toughest to figure out. Has the
problem been recreated by any of the shops you take it to? Often an
intermittent problem cannot be figured out because it cannot...
Forum: Technology September 8th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Mazda OBD codes P0031 P0051 P0037 related to exhaust manifold?

The dash should not have to come apart. The port for the OBDII machine
is usually under the dash on the drivers side and takes only a few
minutes to reset the codes. The dealer should have done at...
Forum: Technology September 6th 06, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

One thing to check is the serp belt. Typically the squeak occurs when
the belt gets a glaze on it. Not sure on the price as each shop will
vary slightly. Not sure of vehicle specifics but could be...
Forum: Technology September 5th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Fuel Injectors?

Some more questions to narrow down.
Is all the maintenance up to date:
- Fuel filter
- Air filter
- Induction Service
- Fuel Injection Service
- O2 sensors
- Ignition Service
Has...
Forum: Technology September 4th 06, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Fuel Injectors?

What makes you suspect that the injectors are leaking down when
sitting?

John P. wrote:
> 2001 crown vic 4.6...suspect fuel injectors are leaking fuel into the
> cylinders when sitting. How do i go...
Forum: Technology September 4th 06, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Private Seller FMV: Edmunds vs Kelly Blue Book

I have often tried to utilize the information provided by these
websites. What I have learned is their calculations are often
misleading, especially when the mileage gets higher. The best bet...
Forum: Technology August 30th 06, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Turbo Timer Problems

wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I have a WRX MY02 with factory alarm/immobilizer and I have just had a
> turbo timer installed by an Auto-electrian. My problem is whenever I
> take...
Forum: Technology August 16th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Ticking in rear wheel

Could be two seperate problems. Typically, shaking when applying the
brakes is from warped rotors in the front as they absorb most of the
stress. Shaking could also indicate the need for an...
Forum: Technology August 16th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Impreza CV axle

I do not know all the technicalities with a repair of that nature for
any car. FWIW: A Subaru has AWD with spider gears to distribute torque
to the appropriate wheel. Is there a way to 'uncover'...
Forum: Technology August 7th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken[_3_]
2001 Bonneville SLE HVAC problem

The car has dual climate control which is nice except for when it stops
working properly. I have not had any problems with the heat in the
winter but the AC in the summer is a problem. It started...
Forum: Technology July 27th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ken[_3_]
Another power window problem

mc wrote:
> 1996 Olds Ciera. Driver's side front power window has been used several
> times a day for over 8 years. It has "auto," meaning that it finishes
> rolling all the way down after you let...
Forum: Technology July 25th 06, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken[_3_]
98 camry wooing sound left rear wheel at 50-60mph???

Kevin,
Did not mean for it to sound like I was on a high horse and for
that I do apologize. The truth is that a considerable percentage of
the motoring public fears the rapair shop and seeks...
Forum: Technology July 24th 06, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken[_3_]
automotive scanner

switchedon wrote:
> Hello everyone....new guy here. Looking for advice on an automotive scanner
> that I can purchase. I have a little shop out back, find myself doing more
> and more diagnosing for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27