Showing results 1 to 25 of 208
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred W[_1_]
Forum: BMW November 29th 06, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Poor E39 handbrake.

Dean Dark wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:49:19 -0500, Fred W
> > wrote:
>

>>>Trivia: The "correct" way to pronounce 'leeward.'
>>
>>It is pronounced...
Forum: BMW November 28th 06, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Poor E39 handbrake.

Dean Dark wrote:

> Trivia: The "correct" way to pronounce 'leeward.'

It is pronounced "Throatwarbler Mangrove".

Can there be any such thing as trivia in this day and age of Internet
search...
Forum: BMW November 27th 06, 06:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 17
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Fuel Economy

Gotta remembver Jeff, they have big expensive gallons over there.

-Fred

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> I can't help but wonder how you can afford a '98 BMW if you can't afford
> 25mpg.

Forum: BMW November 27th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 30
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
E46 runs out of gas

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Fred W > wrote:
>
>>Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>
>>>In article...
Forum: BMW November 26th 06, 02:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 30
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
E46 runs out of gas

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Jeff Strickland > wrote:
>
>>My daughter has run her '00 3 Series out of gas a couple of...
Forum: BMW November 25th 06, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1989 325 Tires

John Jensen wrote:
> After running around ragged looking for the MXV4s in possible recent old
> stock, and also for Dunlop, I went for the Yokohama Avid H4s. Several
> people here said they are...
Forum: BMW November 22nd 06, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Steering wheel squeak, 1989 325i, fluid question

wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> Yes, it was regular STP power steering fluid. After driving on it a
> couple of days, it's now making the same squeakig sound when I turn...
Forum: BMW November 22nd 06, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 59
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Z4 automatic vs. stick

grinder wrote:
> Anybody have a preference of automatic over stick?
>
> I will be buying a Z4. I want an automatic because 1) I will not be driving
> it like a race car and 2) the advances in...
Forum: BMW November 22nd 06, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Basic oil question

mcquarrie wrote:
> E36 M3oil
> The BMW spec is 15W40 non-synthetic.
>
> Browsing my local Auto parts store, whose computer confirms the grade
> for my E36, all the 15W40 oils on the shelf are...
Forum: BMW November 21st 06, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1989 325 Tires

Pete wrote:

> "Jeremy" wrote
>
>> Michelin are over priced, and I have never liked them for handling.
>>
>> FWIW, I don't like Continental or Pirelli for handling either, despite
>> Pirelli...
Forum: BMW November 19th 06, 01:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
318ti

Tom Scales wrote:
> [...]
Forum: BMW November 18th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
318ti

John Burns wrote:
>>hi am considering buying a 318ti (E36) and wondered
>>IS THE "T" FOR TURBO???
>

> No. t = touring. A refernce to the 1970's 2002tii (touring international
> injection).
Forum: BMW November 17th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
noise coming from back wheel

coretta123 wrote:
> when i build up speed a thump like noise comes from (i think ) my back
> wheel. It sounds like i have a flat tyre and the faster i go the lounder
> it gets, i paid out for new...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
E34 1994 525 TD CENTRAL LOCKING REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Jedthedog via CarKB.com wrote:
> I've just bought a spare single button remote off ebay for my 1994 525 td . I
> thought that you could reprogram the remote by taking the chip out and
> placing it in...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1994 BMW 530V8 - Nikasil

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
> "Fred W" > wrote in message
>
>>Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>
>>>In article...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Sound signal

Tom K. wrote:
> "Fred W" > wrote in message
>
>>AK wrote:
>>
>>>What is OBC?
>>>

>>Google is your friend
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Sound signal

AK wrote:
> "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
>
>>In article >,
>> Fred W...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 03:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1994 BMW 530V8 - Nikasil

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> rainbowplus > wrote:
>
>>I am thinking about buying a 1994 BMW 530 V8 with 50k miles on....
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Steering wheel and braking

wrote:
> Guys
>
> 1994 325 convertible. When braking I can feel a small 'jerk' through
> the wheel for the first second then all is fine.
>
> If I take my hands off the wheel...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1994 BMW 530V8 - Nikasil

rainbowplus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am thinking about buying a 1994 BMW 530 V8 with 50k miles on. I understand
> that there is an issue about a possible Nikasil engine?
>
> I believe the engine has not...
Forum: BMW November 15th 06, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
Sound signal

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> AK > wrote:
>
>>Sorry, but I found nothing about it in the manual. But you may be right -
>>the...
Forum: BMW November 14th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
1997 E36 Back End "Wobble"

Tom Sanderson wrote:
> In the last two weeks or so, my 1997 E36 has started to "wag it's tail."
>
> From about 15-20 mph, the car wobbles...not very technical, I know, but
> that's the best way to...
Forum: BMW November 14th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 30
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
E46 runs out of gas

Nicholas Andrade wrote:

> The function used to determine remaining mileage is almost certainly at
> least partially based on (and weighs heavily) the current rate of
> consumption.

I think the...
Forum: BMW November 14th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
E34 Randomly Blinking Check Engine Light

Kyle and Lori Greene wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
>>I've started to have an interesting problem with my...
Forum: BMW November 12th 06, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred W[_1_]
OBC IV & Reset