Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Bartram[_1_]
Forum: Audi October 1st 09, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
TT Bizarre cabin electrics

Wolfgang Pawlinetz wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:18:02 +1000, Lester Burnham
> > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Wolfgang, it is the original factory fitted German battery from 2003. Its...
Forum: BMW September 9th 07, 04:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
So, how to the Chinese MAF clones perform? Anyone tried?

DCA wrote:
> I believe my 2001 530d has a dead MAF
> I am loathed to pay IRO £175-£250 for a genuine Bosch replacement unless
> I have to
> I mean it is not like the Bosch ones are dead reliable is...
Forum: Audi August 21st 07, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
A4: general how-to's for replacing a Delta CC stereo with 3rd-party?

Bart Oleksy wrote:
> I used to hook up my own stereos (head units) way back in simpler times,
> but had trouble with my '86 CGT, and now want to work on my '97 A4 2.8
> with the Delta CC stereo. ...
Forum: Audi July 12th 07, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
High mileage A4s

Nay-Sayer wrote:
> Thinking about buying a high mileage A4 Quattro, '96 - '98 vintage,
> and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out
> for? Thanks.
>
> TNS

The obvious...
Forum: Audi July 9th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Problem with water pump on recent 1.9 TDi, 2.0 TDi and 2.0 Eengines

laurentien wrote:

> VAG has done a terrible design error and they should be ask to change
> their axis with a grooved one which will then be strong enough.

That's old news. The pump *has* been...
Forum: Audi May 2nd 07, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Windoze for Audi service manual?

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

> My girlfriend has a Windows laptop but it's an old beater that only
> semi-runs. My Mac laptop is PowerPC G4 based so Wintel emulation would
> be much too slow. Working...
Forum: Audi May 1st 07, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
AC Recharge 98 A6 2.8

ddayaudi via CarKB.com wrote:
> OK, so it sounds like I need to have it diagnosed first. I have had the car
> for 4.5 years and have not had a problem until now, so in the event that it
> only has...
Forum: Audi March 24th 07, 10:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
AUDI A4 1.9 TDI FUEL ECONOMY

samcheshire wrote:
> I have a 1996 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE which is currently averaging 43 miles per
> gallon. I have a 40 mile per day round trip to work down winding country
> lanes and few a couple of...
Forum: Audi February 7th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
2000 A4 - Four Beeps

Marcus Redd wrote:
> "Chris Bartram" > wrote in message
>> Marcus Redd wrote:
>>> Any ideas why my A4 has just started...
Forum: Audi December 26th 06, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Audi A2 / VW Lupo 3 cyl. 1.2 Turbo Diesel

PeterD wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:06:57 GMT, "Dave" > wrote:
>
>>> Are you sure that using an engine that isn't sold in the US is a good
>>> idea? Getting parts and significant...
Forum: BMW December 17th 06, 11:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Pierburg 1B

Yvan wrote:
> Nedavno Chris Bartram pise:
>

> | From my Haynes carb book, the vacuum seems to come from a outlet on
> | the manifold, which then tees off to a reservoir and the pull-down
Forum: BMW December 17th 06, 07:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Pierburg 1B

SteveH wrote:

>> I had one of those.
>>
>> Ditch it, get a...
Forum: BMW December 17th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Pierburg 1B

Yvan wrote:
> I have Pierburg 1B2 ('87 BMW 316 E30) that is similar to 1B3 fitted to some
> VW cars. The difference is in cold start system (on 1B2 it is fully
> automatic - you do not need to...
Forum: VW water cooled December 16th 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
VW Golf Mk2 Headlamp problem!

SteveH wrote:
> crj80 > wrote:
>
>>> My money would be on the switch, or if your car has the stupis dim-dip
>>> system, the dim-dip relay. Check the connector anyway, and the fuses...
Forum: VW water cooled December 16th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled

crj80 wrote:
>> I take it to measure the 12V you took the connector off the bulb?
>>
>> Try it with the bulb connected. If you have a poor connection or a
>> burnt-out switch contact that is...
Forum: VW water cooled December 15th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,uk.rec.cars.vw.watercooled

wrote:
> Hi, I have a 1991 golf 1.8 carb with a confusing problem...
>
> The N/S headlamp bulb is not working. The bulb is definitely fine as it
> works when swapped over to the...
Forum: Audi September 11th 06, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Aud A4 tdi turbo. lose of vacuum

Lignum wrote:
> "tenmen" > wrote in message
>> I have just had the turbo repaired but the reason for it going in...
Forum: Audi September 8th 06, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Audi 80

Rag man wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get hold of
> a Audi 80 TDi EGR valve? Apart from GSF.
> Car is the 90bhp 1Z engine 1993 year.
> The mileage is 228,000 so a new full
> priced item doesn't...
Forum: Audi August 28th 06, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
1998 Audi A6 tdi fuel line filter priming?

JD wrote:
> I watched my garage do mine the other day
>
> what you need to is to fill the fuel filter up with diesel start the car up
> and floor it for about 5 minutes. It sounds terrible i know...
Forum: Audi July 27th 06, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
A3 red control light - what does it mean

robert wrote:
> Dnia 24-07-2006 o 23:24:03 Peter Bell > napisa³(a):
>
>>> If you wait you could ruin your engine or risk an accident.
>>>
>>> Really!
>>
>> Except that's not a...
Forum: Audi July 23rd 06, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
Aircondition

Curtis Newton wrote:
>>> My Aircondition (Automatic Climate Control) in my 1996 A6 does not make
>>> any cool air. The compressor is running which, to me, indicates that there
>>> is cooling liquid...
Forum: Audi July 18th 06, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Bartram[_1_]
West Denver locksmith to cut an audi key

andy wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a west Denver locksmith to cut one of the new audi
> keys? I need a spare that is not a switchblade model and the dealer wants
> $80. A locksmith who's machine is...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22