Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Randy
Forum: BMW January 26th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Randy
1997 z3 +battery cable connector?

Took car to my local mechanic and he was able to cut the connector at
the end of the cable, grind off the excess lead, by doing this he had
more than enough at the end of the cable to just connect a...
Forum: BMW January 21st 09, 01:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Randy
1997 z3 +battery cable connector?

Jeff

I was having some trouble starting car and got someone to check
battery. They said that the connector was cracked. It will start but
in the near future I suspect it will work lose. BMW says...
Forum: BMW January 21st 09, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Randy
1997 z3 +battery cable connector?

Can I just clip off the connector and use a standard battery connector
to replace original on 1997 z3?
Anything to add or know?

Will the cable extend out further to add connector?

How do you pull...
Forum: BMW November 1st 06, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy
Z3 1998 1.9 changing filter help?

That is the oil filter housing.
Forum: BMW November 1st 06, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy
Z3 1998 1.9 changing filter help?

I pulled the filter and it does not have the either the small or larger
small o rings attached. It has the large orange o ring, but not the
other two. The filter housing is plastic but does not...
Forum: BMW August 24th 06, 01:19 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Randy
Z3 1998 Maximum Coolant Level

Is the maximum coolant level at the top of the tube or the middle?
Whenever I add coolant to the top of the mark it drops after driving to
the middle mark.
Forum: BMW August 22nd 06, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 1.9 Air Pump Picture

Floyd,,,,,,,,,,thanks alot. Had to do a search for the part but
finally found it.

Great help.
Forum: BMW August 22nd 06, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 1.9 Air Pump Picture

I am looking for a picture of a 1998 Z3 4cyl 1.9 Air Pump and check
valve. Can someone put me in the right direction or send me a low jpg
picture?
Forum: BMW August 16th 06, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 Code 1423

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,I have cleared the code and will wait and see what
pops up if anything. Thanks for the information it was very helpful.
Forum: BMW August 15th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 Code 1423

Jeff I see from a previous post it has to do with the air pump and
check valve needing to be replaced................................
Forum: BMW August 15th 06, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 Code 1423

Jeff,,,,,,,,I may need to clarify this is a 4 cyl 1.9. The Bentley
Service manual says the code P1423 refers to the Secondary Air System
(Bank 1). The web site does not list P1423.

How do I found...
Forum: BMW August 15th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Randy
1998 Z3 Code 1423

I am getting a Code 1423 secondary air system. Is that a problem with
air filter? Gas tank cap?

Appreciate any help I am new to this Z3 and am trying to learn some
auto mechanics.

I just had BMW...
Forum: BMW August 9th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By Randy
Z3 1998 seat moves

Rex

What parts, and where can I get them?

How do I get the seat out?
Forum: BMW August 9th 06, 11:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy
Z3 1998 seat moves

The seat is not locking. How hard is it to fix? Moves back and
forward about 1/2 inch.
Forum: BMW August 9th 06, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy
Question on 1998 Z3 Idle

Whatever they did worked. $441.
Forum: BMW August 9th 06, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy
Question on 1998 Z3 Idle

Whatever they did worked. $441.
Forum: BMW August 9th 06, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy
Question on 1998 Z3 Idle

Whatever they did worked. $441.
Forum: BMW August 3rd 06, 05:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Randy
Question on 1998 Z3 Idle

I just took my 1998 Z3 1.9 over to the BMW dealer with a low idle
problem. Idles low, looks like about 600 rpm. Does not cut off, but
just about does while in neutral whether hot or cold.

They...
Forum: BMW July 16th 06, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Randy
98 Z3

There also two other buttons one is A and the other M. What do these
buttons do?
Forum: BMW July 16th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Randy
98 Z3

So when should it be used,,,,,,,in the rain,,,,,,,snow?
Forum: BMW July 16th 06, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 14
Posted By Randy
98 Z3

I just got a 98 Z3 and do not have a manual. There is a button that I
do not know what it is. ASC? What does this button do?

Or can I find an online manual?
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22