Replies: 30
Posted By notbob
My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

On 2010-09-21, Y Knot > wrote:
> Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?

You'd be better off asking in a toyota centric newsgroup. There's at
least three high...
Forum: Technology August 29th 10, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By notbob
How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

On 2010-08-29, SF Man > wrote:

> BTW, if there are good four-stroke chain saws on the market, let me know
> which you prefer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1D4IdO28JU

nb
Forum: Technology August 25th 10, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-25, Scott Dorsey > wrote:

> Whoever the hell it was that decided running 25A into the dashboard
> switch to avoid using a headlight relay... that was an MG employee, not...
Forum: Technology August 24th 10, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-24, Jules Richardson > wrote:

> I've owned a few 70's British cars over the years and to be honest never
> had much problem with Lucas - no worse than...
Forum: Technology August 23rd 10, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-23, jm > wrote:

> It either works or you throw it away and buy a new one every two years.

Now you got it! It even has a name: planned obsolescence.

nb
Forum: Technology August 23rd 10, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-23, SF Man > wrote:

> Plan C, is to buy a NON-CALIFORNIA chain saw on the net. Can you recommend
> a good place to buy chain saws (NON CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS) that...
Forum: Technology August 22nd 10, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-21, SF Man > wrote:

> No. I could easily hold my thumb on the hole. It puffed like the way you
> would blow a fly off your wrist.

Before you give up, remove the...
Forum: Technology August 21st 10, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On 2010-08-21, SF Man > wrote:

> pulled the starter cord, there was only a small puff. Noticeable. But
> small.

Be more definitive. Did it puff past you finger/thumb,...
Forum: Technology July 21st 10, 05:45 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 114
Posted By notbob
Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing inyour back yard in the open air question

On 2010-07-21, Bill Murphy > wrote:

> Is it all that dangerous to keep 20 gallons of gas in the back yard?
> Is it illegal to trasnsport more than 5 gallons (California) in...
Forum: Honda May 11th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By notbob
warrantee q

On 2007-05-11, > wrote:
> Sis just bought a new Odyssey. Comes with 36mo/60kmile. Worth $1600 to
> go 6yr/100k?

No.

At 100k, a Honda is just...
Forum: Honda May 10th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By notbob
Catalytic Converter - 2000 Honda Accord

On 2007-05-10, > wrote:

> So my question is, is my mechanic ripping me off or can I really use
> one of these catalytic converters from this site and...
Forum: Honda May 7th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 51
Posted By notbob
How good is the Civic Si in snow?

On 2007-05-05, alfred > wrote:

> Before I consider any and all Hondas for my next car, I have to know about
> snow traction.

It was some years ago, but there was a news...
Forum: Honda December 12th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 50
Posted By notbob
All the oil ran out of my new 2007 CR-V !!

On 2006-12-12, Chuck Connell > wrote:
> When I say "drove it for some days this way", I meant that I drove it for
> some days without knowing there was an oil problem. As soon as I...
Forum: Honda November 17th 06, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By notbob
outrage over cost of replacing timing belt

On 2006-11-17, Earle Horton > wrote:

> us potentially loveable.

Anyone who posts 70 lines of pointless text just to add a smiley face
and a name in not only not lovable,...
Forum: Honda October 8th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By notbob
Windshield wiper arm puts too much pressure on blade (buckling)

On 2006-10-08, Bob M. > wrote:

> Did you replace just the rubber blade or the entire wiper frame? If just
> the rubber, go back to the dealer and get the entire frame with rubber.

I...
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

On 2006-10-08, Bob M. > wrote:

> Did you replace just the rubber blade or the entire wiper frame? If just
> the rubber, go back to the dealer and get the entire frame with rubber.

I...
Forum: General October 8th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

On 2006-10-08, Bob M. > wrote:

> Did you replace just the rubber blade or the entire wiper frame? If just
> the rubber, go back to the dealer and get the entire frame with rubber.

I...
Forum: Honda September 19th 06, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-19, Mike Smith > wrote:

> That doesn't strike me as being particularly "optimal". But then again,
> neither does living in 110-degree weather.

I guess...
Forum: Honda September 19th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-19, Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:

>> Honda Fit weighs in at under 2450 lb
>
> Which is 200 pounds MORE than my 92 Civic Si, which had more power...

And 400lbs more...
Forum: Honda September 18th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-16, Gordon McGrew > wrote:

> Uh, I don't think so. That would be 1333 pounds. My '74 Civic
> supposedly weighed 1605 pounds and your '83 is a porker by...
Forum: Honda September 16th 06, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-16, Grumpy AuContraire > wrote:

> Gen 2 and its prececessors are very simple machines. Things started
> getting complicated in '84.

Evidently. I think my...
Forum: Honda September 15th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-15, Elle > wrote:

> Probably because those are not "labor hours" but rather
> hours of joy. JT's Classic Civic pays for itself, given all
> those...
Forum: Honda September 15th 06, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 61
Posted By notbob
Who Needs a Hybrid???

On 2006-09-13, ACAR > wrote:

> added safety features, structural improvements, much cleaner exhaust
> and comfort/convenience features. Sure the '83 is cheap to keep,...
Forum: Honda August 9th 06, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By notbob
Broken Key

On 2006-08-09, Howard Lester > wrote:

> Maybe people shouldn't try to force the key out. Any time mine won't come
> out easily, I turn the wheel just a bit to relieve the...
Forum: Honda August 9th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By notbob
Broken Key

On 2006-08-09, 'Curly Q. Links' > wrote:

> think Honda made the keys bigger so _they_ could get more leverage on
> them. :-(

Maybe Honda should wise up and make the key head...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26