Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike T.
Forum: General April 6th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
Used car selling form?

"My Name" > wrote in message
> I'm selling a used car at a great price. Multiple parties have
> responded to my ad...
Forum: Driving April 6th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
Used car selling form?

"My Name" > wrote in message
> I'm selling a used car at a great price. Multiple parties have
> responded to my ad...
Forum: Driving April 6th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike T.
Hollywood Director Killed by Drunken Illegal Mex

>> Not every Mexican who gets into an auto accident is an illegal, ya know.
>
> I agree. I'm sure there's one or two somewhere who are here legally.
>
> Steve

There were, but they were killed by...
Forum: Driving April 5th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike T.
Hit and run

> Collision has a $500 deductible and unisured motorist has $0
> deductible. I obviously like the $0 deductible better. How do we get
> that?

File a claim against the driver who hit you. Oh,...
Forum: Driving April 5th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Mike T.
Reason #5,474 Why You Don't Buy Your Teenaged Son a Fast Car

>>and say he had neglected that obvious ball
>>joint wear for too long and well....
>
> OK, let's say a ball joint popped. Tne speed limit on that street is
> 40 MPH. Since the brakes were working,...
Forum: Driving April 5th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike T.
if you're held by seatbelt,how can airbag decellerate you?

"Ad absurdum per aspera" > wrote in message

>> > As they are currently designed, airbags are meant to be used on...
Forum: Driving April 5th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán
Forum: Driving April 4th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Mike T.
Reason #5,474 Why You Don't Buy Your Teenaged Son a Fast Car

>> For that matter, it's at least somewhat likely that mechanical failure
>> and/or poor maintenance might have contributed to this somehow. It was
>> likely a -slow- and poorly maintained...
Forum: Driving April 4th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> The scene of this teenager-tree collision is right around the corner
> from a...
Forum: Driving April 3rd 07, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike T.
Mexico City orders officials to ride bike to work first monday of each month

> On the other hand, most small motorcycles and motor-powered bikes produce
> more pollution than US cars (per mile, at least). The reason for this is
> that most motorcycles have little to no...
Forum: Driving April 3rd 07, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By Mike T.
Split court rules against Bush on greenhouse gases

> And as for "drive a smaller car", imagine a family of 2 parents and 3
> kids. How
> do they go anywhere without a large car or van, such as an SUV or
> 3-rows-of-seats van?

Well that family...
Forum: Driving April 3rd 07, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike T.
Out of state police officer threatens LLB with gun (I-81 VA)

"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/2n6zap
>
> I'm not able to find a current reference, but according to the local...
Forum: Driving April 2nd 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By Mike T.
Split court rules against Bush on greenhouse gases

> If we had more mass-transit and fewer traffic jams, we wouldn't need to
> worry so much about emissions from cars. Modern car engines are already
> much cleaner than they were years ago, and...
Forum: Driving April 2nd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike T.
Mexico City orders officials to ride bike to work first monday of each month

>> Why the **** not? Do these yahoos know what motorcycles ARE??? Hint to
>> clueless: motorcycles used to be pedal powered. Seems...
Forum: Driving April 2nd 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike T.
Mexico City orders officials to ride bike to work first monday of each month

>> Ebrard said a primary goal is to demonstrate the viability of bicycles as
>> a means of transportation in the city. He also said the city will soon
>> build a bike station on the Eje Central...
Forum: Driving March 27th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.law-enforcement,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
Proposal for a new police force, was: __ No Seat Belt = Dead Cop ! __

> And if he hadn't been a scofflaw and worn his seatbelt, he would have
> been ejected from the vehicle.
>
> But cops are above the laws of man ... but not the laws of nature.

Y'know, I just...
Forum: Driving March 27th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
__ No Seat Belt = Dead Cop ! __

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> "¥ UltraMan ¥" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>> Officer Douglas...
Forum: Driving March 27th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 165
Posted By Mike T.
Another police department caught with a quota.

>>> Because 5mph is not reasonable.
>>
>> And a speed limit that almost everyone disobeys is?
>
> It depends. Check your state's requirements on setting speed limits and
> find out which part...
Forum: Driving March 27th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.law-enforcement,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.guns
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
__ No Seat Belt = Dead Cop ! __

"¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote in message
> By Carlos Illescas & Mike McPhee
> Denver Post Staff Writers
> Denver Post
> Article...
Forum: Driving March 26th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
Replacing MXV4Plus with a T-rated tire?

> wrote in message
> Thanks for the feedback. The dealer was suggesting that becasue of the
> 210 bhp + torque, a...
Forum: Driving March 26th 07, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
Replacing MXV4Plus with a T-rated tire?

> wrote in message
> The stock MXV4Plus's (V-rated) seem to perform ok until about 75%
> tread wear. Then rain...
Forum: Driving March 26th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 165
Posted By Mike T.
Another police department caught with a quota.

> Not really. You can take your 85th percentile readings all day long but
> if you have an area that you know is prone to rush hour traffic and/or
> lots of collisions you want to set the limit a...
Forum: Driving March 26th 07, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 165
Posted By Mike T.
Another police department caught with a quota.

> That's my favorite! We have unmarked Impalas in regular colors of grey,
> blue, maroon, etc... and just got some Magnums in this year. There are
> very small antennas on them and all of our...
Forum: Driving March 26th 07, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 165
Posted By Mike T.
Another police department caught with a quota.

> So the best thing to do is drive the speed limit no matter where you are.
> If law enforcement does a "sting", then you'll be safe.
>
> ---
> jaybird

Only problem with that approach is that the...
Forum: Driving March 23rd 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving