Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: VW water cooled October 23rd 06, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Stalling when stopping, engine rough when driving (95 Golf)

I bought the car a year ago and am not sure how old the plugs are. The
plug wires look ok but I am not sure what to look for in terms of wear.

Mark

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> how are the spark...
Forum: VW water cooled October 21st 06, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Stalling when stopping, engine rough when driving (95 Golf)

My 95 Golf often stalls when I come to a stop. It also runs roughly
when driving (even at higher speeds). Both of these problems seems to
be more evident after I have driven for a while, stop, then...
Forum: VW water cooled August 29th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Engines runs roughly, stalls, exept when accelerating

Thanks everyone for the input.

I checked the air filter and saw that it was very dirty and had quite a
bit of oil in it so I decided to replace it. (I put a cheap one in for
now but may put a better...
Forum: VW water cooled August 25th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Engines runs roughly, stalls, exept when accelerating

Thanks Mark,
Lately it has been stalling a LOT when I come to a stop - otherwise the
engine has been runnin ok. This has made me think that it is not due
clogged injectors but perhaps electrical,...
Forum: VW water cooled August 21st 06, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Engines runs roughly, stalls, exept when accelerating

Hello,
I have a 95 VW Golf. Lately the engine has been running roughly when I
am iddling a lot (in traffic) and even when I am driving faster (on the
highway). It often stalls when I am stopped at a...
Forum: VW air cooled August 20th 06, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

Hello,
I have a 95 VW Golf. Lately the engine has been running roughly when I
am iddling a lot (in traffic) and even when I am driving faster (on the
highway). It has been a bit intermittant but...
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6