Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: RepairJunkie
Forum: VW water cooled April 16th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
2003 Golf Automatic Transmission Fluid Change

On Apr 5, 12:02 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> fromhttp://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1198447
> "the fluid in your tranny right now is the VW ATF that you can only...
Forum: VW water cooled April 5th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
2003 Golf Automatic Transmission Fluid Change

A friend wants me to change the fluid in his automatic transmission
for him. He has a 2003 Golf. I have the shop manual up until 1999
and it says that you need a vacuum pump to get the fluid out...
Forum: VW water cooled April 5th 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By RepairJunkie
96 Jetta oil leak at filter

David,

I own a 1996 Jetta GLS w/standard transmission. Last year the o-ring
above the oil cooler developed a crack. Six months prior to that, an
oil pressure sensor blew a leak in its diaphragm. ...
Forum: VW water cooled March 10th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
Posted By RepairJunkie
Mk 3 Golf 92 1.8 Overheats

On Mar 2, 6:10 am, "raylo" > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 5:46 pm, wrote:
>

> > On 26 Feb 2007 08:26:04 -0800, "raylo" > wrote:
>
> > >I...
Forum: VW water cooled February 27th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
Posted By RepairJunkie
Mk 3 Golf 92 1.8 Overheats

On Feb 26, 11:26 am, "raylo" > wrote:
> On Feb 25, 6:16 pm, wrote:
>

> > On 25 Feb 2007 07:12:33 -0800, "raylo" > wrote:

Forum: VW water cooled February 23rd 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
Posted By RepairJunkie
Mk 3 Golf 92 1.8 Overheats

On Feb 23, 4:20 pm, "raylo" > wrote:
> On Feb 23, 7:48 pm, "RepairJunkie" > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 23, 9:06 am, "raylo" >...
Forum: VW water cooled February 23rd 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 31
Posted By RepairJunkie
Mk 3 Golf 92 1.8 Overheats

On Feb 23, 9:06 am, "raylo" > wrote:
> I have a Mk3 K plate Golf 1.8 cl, the engine is overheating in
> traffic but not when driving normally.I noticed that water was
Forum: VW water cooled February 22nd 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By RepairJunkie
Whats is the timing belt changing interval for a Golf TD from 1990?

On Feb 14, 4:00 pm, "DerGolf" > wrote:
> Whats is the timing belt changing interval for a Golf TD from 1990?
>
> Greeting from Denmark....
>
> Mic

60,000 miles seems really high. I...
Forum: VW water cooled February 22nd 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By RepairJunkie
Shaking

On Feb 19, 1:27 pm, tylernagy > wrote:
> Hey I was wondering if this has happened to anyone, or if anyone can
> tell me what the problem may be. When I am driving at a slower speed
> (0-...
Forum: VW water cooled September 14th 06, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By RepairJunkie
Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system

Thanks so much! Finally found it. Do a Google search on " auto memory
saver" and it comes up all over the place.

Thanks to all who helped!
Forum: VW water cooled September 14th 06, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By RepairJunkie
Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system

Thanks so much! Finally found it. Do a Google search on " auto memory
saver" and it comes up all over the place.

Thanks to all who helped!
Forum: VW water cooled September 12th 06, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

RepairJunkie wrote:
> This all makes sense for changing the battery, but not for the starter
> or alternator because you can easily cause shorts and definitely not
> for sensors because...
Forum: VW water cooled September 12th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By RepairJunkie
Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system

This all makes sense for changing the battery, but not for the starter
or alternator because you can easily cause shorts and definitely not
for sensors because plugging/unplugging when they are...
Forum: VW water cooled September 11th 06, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Jim Behning wrote:
> I had my car battery disconnected for a week or so. The radio did not
> complain when I reattached it. Some folks use a 9 volt battery in the
> cigarette lighter to keep the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 10th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By RepairJunkie
Repairing vehicles without locking up the radio antitheft system

I want to start repairing cars that don't belong to me. Many car
owners are not aware that disconnecting the battery power for any
reason will lock up the radio antitheft system, so they often...
Forum: VW water cooled August 24th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta

I changed the timing belt and water pump on a 96 Jetta. On mine, it's
a good idea to change the thermostat at the same time because (if I
remember right) it's just about attached to the water pump. ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 24th 06, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta

I changed the timing belt and water pump on a 96 Jetta. On mine, it's
a good idea to change the thermostat at the same time because (if I
remember right) it's just about attached to the water pump. ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 24th 06, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By RepairJunkie
rear main seal

I just place a small block of 2x4 wood over it and tap it right on
center carefully. Watch to make sure it begins to seat squarely.

Good Luck
Mike
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
96 Jetta timing belt change- won't start

nichandteresa wrote:
> I was working on the timing belt, and when i put everything back
> together, the car wouldn't turn over. The timing might be off? Help!
> How do i know everything is aligned...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By RepairJunkie
VW Golf MK1 - Ignition switch - electric part

Aswpy wrote:
> Hello all!
> Please help me to correctly connect the wires for the ignition switch
> (VW Golf MK1). List of wires: 2 black,
> 1 red-black,
> 1 black-yellow
> 1 red
> 1 grey.
>
> All I...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By RepairJunkie
2003 Jetta Wagon Headlight Bulb Replacement

Tom R. wrote:
> Can someone point me to an illustration regarding replacing the headlight
> bulbs on the 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI? The manual says let the dealer do it, but
> I'd rather do it...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By RepairJunkie
93 Passat smoke under hood

wrote:
> Hi all, just bought a 1993 VW Passat GLX V6, 170,000 miles. Looked
> good, test drive for half hour in various conditions.
>
> Drove for two days before white smoke...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By RepairJunkie
93 Passat smoke under hood

wrote:
> Hi all, just bought a 1993 VW Passat GLX V6, 170,000 miles. Looked
> good, test drive for half hour in various conditions.
>
> Drove for two days before white smoke...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By RepairJunkie
93 Passat smoke under hood