Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jimmy the Hand
Forum: Ford Explorer August 21st 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Ford Explorer A4LD Tranny problem

Hi All,

Out of the blue on Friday, my Explorer stopped shifting into overdrive
(at least I think that is what happened). I used to get up to about
80km/h and then the RPMs would drop from 2000 to...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 16th 07, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Explorer Electrical Problem

Hi All,

I've got a problem with the old girl. It starts fine, but once it
idles down to its regular idle RPM, it starts to chug and is burning a
ton of gas. If I remove a vacuum line, the truck runs...
Forum: Ford Explorer May 13th 07, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Explorer Stall

Hi All,

I've got a '94 Explorer and as I was driving on the hottest day of the
year so far (31C) on Wednesday, my truck lost all power and was barely
idling. I pulled off the road and put the...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 3rd 06, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
Antifreeze Smell

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:
> Just a thought... Do your windows fog up by chance? Check the
> firewall/floor board directly under the passenger side glove
> compartment. If the firewall and/or carpet...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 12th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
Antifreeze Smell

Howdy,

I've had this problem for quite awhile now and can't quite figure it
out. I always smell anti-freeze whenever I turn off the engine in my
1994 Explorer. When I open the hood, I find trace...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 8th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

jsanders wrote:
> alright i'm going to attempt to clean it today.
>
> found a TSB on this:
> http://v8sho.com/SHO/TSB982310MassAirFlowContamination.htm
>
> i'm going to clean it with either maf...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

Forum: Ford Explorer August 4th 06, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
Explorer Circuit Breaker

Mark Barrett wrote:
> I have a 95 Explorer with the one and only 4.0L engine
> offered that year. When I start the car I get a momentary
> grinding noise which I am sure is the starter gear not
Forum: Ford Explorer August 4th 06, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
LH sway-bar bolt 1998 Explorer URGENT UK OWNER

Bigusdickus wrote:
> MR Haynes shows no picture. My antiroll bar long bolt has broke off at
> the head. I am trying to remove it but the bolt seems to be seized
> solid inside the tube i have had a...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 4th 06, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
My 91 is smoking out the vents

TonyC via CarKB.com wrote:
> I brought my truck into the mehanic again today and he's going to pull the
> a/c unit out of the dash and check the switches, said that when he first
> looked at it (the...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 4th 06, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Jimmy the Hand
Harder and harder to start

Eeyore wrote:
> Tell me what you think...
>
> '99 Mercury Mountaineer, V-8 5.0L engine, 98K miles.
>
> Lately she's been getting harder and harder to start. As in not REAL
> hard, but she cranks for...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12