Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled August 7th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Online OEM VW Part CAtalog

Where can I find the OEM VW parts manuals? I found them one time
online, and now I can not find them. I have a 67 Westy, and want to
find original part numbers and part diagrams.

Thanks,
Paul
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Texas VW Classic

On Apr 18, 2:29 am, Gerald > wrote:
> This coming weekend (April 20 - 22, 2007)
>
> http://www.texasvwclassic.com
>
> Gerald
>
> --
> If you need to email me directly use:...
Forum: VW air cooled August 29th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Building a VW engine-start-stand

Hi all.

Mike, I got your pictures in the article, thanks!

Since I am not a great welder, I am thinking about getting a cheap
engine stand from harbor freight.

Please add/edit any...
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Building a VW engine-start-stand

Hi Mike,

Excellent! What bell housing did you use?

I would like to use your pictures, can I copy them onto a VW website I
started at http://germanretro.com/wiki/index.php/Engine_Start_Stand ...
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
just bought my (and my daughter's) first bug, a 72 Super Beetle!

Thanks for the tip on Hotrod air. $1100 for AC for my 69 bug, plus
shipping.

Paul

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
> wrote in
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Building a VW engine-start-stand

Thanks Jim.... If I make it, I will do an article on this with photos.
Good advice on the Saw not torch...

Speedy Jim wrote:
> wrote:
> > Any year? 68+ If not, what year range?
Forum: VW air cooled August 28th 06, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> GunHack wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone have plans or advice on making a VW engine stand?

Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 06, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Building a VW engine-start-stand

Anyone have plans or advice on making a VW engine stand?

Ideally I would like to use a old tranny bell housing and starter
allowing the engine to be started on the stand.

Thanks.
Paul
Forum: VW air cooled August 23rd 06, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
74 BUG AUTO STICK SHIFT

Hi Frank,

I replaced an autostick to 4sp manual in my first 68' bug. Major
headache, I was 16, and did not know what I was getting into. It was
back in the 80's so let me dust off my memory...

I...
Forum: VW air cooled August 22nd 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
just bought my (and my daughter's) first bug, a 72 Super Beetle!

Very fun... buy the John Mur "how to keep my bug alive" book, it is a
really fun read for both daughter and dad.
Paul

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
> Picked the little dude up today. Mechanically tight...
Forum: VW air cooled August 22nd 06, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

Thanks again Bill,

We found a few guys in town and we are starting the "sweat equity" way
to go. I took this threads advice on charging for storage, and
borrowed ideas from "bay area car club" that...
Forum: VW air cooled August 21st 06, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

Check out our progress. Love feedback.

http://germanretro.com/wiki/index.php/GermanRetro_Club/Possible_Club_Web_Page

See the talk page as...
Forum: VW air cooled August 21st 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this tip.

Can you check these folks out? Any idea's on how this could this be
merged into a "non-profit" ?

I would love to build a structure that can be used all over...
Forum: VW air cooled August 21st 06, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

Thanks Dragen..

I think the best model out there is http://www.painterslane.com. They
charge for storage, they charge for supplies. Seems like staff is
on-site. The nominal fees for the club...
Forum: VW air cooled August 21st 06, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

The classes at painterslane is a really cool idea. I am thinking more
of a military base thing for the members. Perhaps members could put on
classes and sell seats to pay for stuff for the...
Forum: VW air cooled August 17th 06, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Starting a Car Club shop co-op.

Anyone joined a club where you share tools and shop space? A group of
VW lovers in Austin is getting together to share shop space to work on
and store our cars.

We need help writing our club rules,...
Forum: VW air cooled August 15th 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find

Great suggestions, looks like I need to pull the engine.

I made edits at
http://germanretro.com/wiki/index.php/Engine_Start_Checklist

TerryB wrote:
> wrote:
> > I found a great...
Forum: VW air cooled August 15th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Making a hardtop a convertible

Agreed. I am going to pull the body off the blue vert and see what is
there.

Thanks
Paul

wrote:
> Its not going to happen
> Fix the vert it would be half the work

Forum: VW air cooled August 15th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Making a hardtop a convertible

Thanks Joey, I think I will remove the body from the blue convert and
see the damage. I may be in for 2 resto's.....yikes.

Paul
Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled August 15th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Jesse James Owned Beetle on Ebay

Bill Berckman wrote:
> Nice 57 Oval Window. Click on link if interested.
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 06, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find

15 years?
You are correct, it looks like the tags on the plate were last
registered in 1992. That makes it 14 years since it was registered.
The lady I bought it from said it had sat for 15 years,...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find

I believe in allowing others to edit. Http://Wikipedia.org is a great
example of what people can do together with "collaborative editing",
millions of articles. Forums are great for chat and...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Making a hardtop a convertible

Hi, I have a 69 convertible, rusty and a perfect 69 hardtop. I was
thinking about doing a merge and making the hardtop a convert.

Any thoughts?

Pictures of both cars:
69 hardtop...
Forum: VW air cooled August 7th 06, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find

I found a great 1969 VW Beetle that needs TLC to get back on the road.

It sat in a barn for a bunch of years in Austin, TX. It has not run
since the 80's. I want to get it running correctly and...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24