Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Thomas Avery
Forum: Driving July 27th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Thomas Avery
Parking Rage

I saw “parking rage” at the mall yesterday. I was sitting outside with a
friend (Fred smokes) while our wives were shopping. There was a beautiful
Porsche convertible parked diagonally across 2+...
Forum: Driving July 15th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
Posted By Thomas Avery
Just Curious

When you are travelling at, or above, the posted limit, why do some drivers
pass, pull back into the right lane and slow to 5-10 below posted?
Forum: Driving July 3rd 08, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Thomas Avery
Not Paying Attention

Yesterday morning, returning from hospital, my wife and I were following
another vehicle thru a commercial area bypass. As we approached an exit from
a Starbuck’s drive-thru I noticed a female with...
Forum: Driving January 29th 08, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Thomas Avery
Nothing to Do!

Teens dumping marbles when they met cars on the highway caused several
cracked windshields and dents. When caught, told the cops that they had
"Nothing to do and were bored".
Forum: Driving November 6th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas Avery
The Ladies Do Speed

I am not normally out during early morning rush but I had to go for annual
blood test @6:30. Rounded a curve and county had radar car set up. Down the
road about 1/2 mile were 4 patrol cars...
Forum: Driving September 19th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 17
Posted By Thomas Avery
About Time

Coffee w/ friend who is small town policeman. His town is split by a 4 lane
road. Constant trouble with "failure to yield" blocking ambulances and other
emergency vehicles. Only hospital for 4...
Forum: Driving August 7th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Thomas Avery
Coffee?

At traffic signal waiting to turn left when DAB came barreling down in right
lane. Had cell in left and monster coffee in right. Suddenly realized that
vehicle in her lane at signal was stopped....
Forum: Driving February 2nd 07, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 23
Posted By Thomas Avery
F Bombs

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán
Forum: Driving December 29th 06, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas Avery
Trip

Traveled about 1,800 miles in the past 10 days and I observed these
various drivers/areas. (Before anyone goes off the deep end, my average
speed was 68.76 and top was 91.55 per Lowrance). I-26...
Forum: Driving October 4th 06, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Thomas Avery
GPS System

Any recommendations for a vehicle GPS? Can't seem to get comparative
info from manufacturers and I believe users are more informed.
Forum: Driving September 24th 06, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Thomas Avery
Nothing Changes

Made a road trip of about 1,900 miles RT. Drivers are the same all over.
Norfolk, VA-Male talking on cell during morning rush rear-ended one with
considerable damage to his Honda. DC-Male on cell...
Forum: Driving September 6th 06, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By Thomas Avery
They're MFFYs *Off* the Road, Too

gpsman wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> At the Post Orifice this morning there was this 20something standing
>> in front of the "Stamped Mail" slot. She had a handful of letters she
>> was mailing...
Forum: Driving August 20th 06, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By Thomas Avery
What's Next?

Yesterday I was 5th in line behind a vehicle traveling at speeds that
varied from 35-50MPH in a 55 zone where traffic normally moves at 62-65.
Oncoming traffic prevented me from passing the 5 in...
Forum: Driving August 3rd 06, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Thomas Avery
Gotta Get Closer

Was at a center w/massive parking area. Waiting for wife who was at
Hallmark. Observed people racing thru the area to get a prime parking
spot. Actually witnessed a 40+ gal pass another vehicle in...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14