Showing results 1 to 25 of 223
Search took 3.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: admin[_1_]
Forum: BMW March 20th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By admin[_1_]
02 540i thermostat? help!!

RJD wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:27:37 -0400, "dwilli" > wrote:
>
>> Does this sound like I just need a new thermostat? 106,000 miles (mostly
>> highway) and at 100,000 I had the...
Forum: BMW March 11th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By admin[_1_]
Help replacing fron fog lamp S39

DCA wrote:

> Thanks for the explanations.
> Do you (they) mean 'cover panel next to *headlamp*' as opposed to fog
> lamp (given the headlamp is the other side of the bumper!)

The cover to be...
Forum: BMW March 10th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

John Carrier wrote:

> Page 155 from my '03 owners manual (do you have one, did you look?):
>
> 1. Using a screwdriver, remove the mounting clips for the air grill and
> remove the grill by...
Forum: BMW March 10th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By admin[_1_]
Looking for new car

Wattage wrote:
> I cueently own a 95 E34, looking to purchase an 03 525 or 530 (sport)
> I like the added power of the 530, but came accross a clean 525. Any
> suggestions on how to chip-up the 525,...
Forum: BMW March 10th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

DCA wrote:
> admin wrote:
>> DCA wrote:
>>> I am reasonably comfortable with low level car DIY but would
>>> appreciate some guidance with replacing a front offside (UK) fog lamp
>>> (the round...
Forum: BMW March 6th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 2
Posted By admin[_1_]
Differential Oils - can they be mixed?

John wrote:

> I have an E46 that had the differential oil changed; unfortunately it was
> not filled up to the right capacity and now needs to be topped up by about
> 450ml of extra oil! I do not...
Forum: BMW March 6th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

DCA wrote:
> I am reasonably comfortable with low level car DIY but would appreciate
> some guidance with replacing a front offside (UK) fog lamp (the round
> eyeball type).
> Do I need to remove...
Forum: BMW February 18th 08, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By admin[_1_]
Windshield: Repair or replace???

brio wrote:
> You could try polishing first. Eastwood has some products that might
> work:

Forum: BMW February 18th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Mike G wrote:

> You are mistaken.
> Probably not widely available, but I had some light scratching polished
> out of my Rover SD1 windscreen some time ago by a mobile w/screen repair
> guy.
Forum: BMW February 12th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By admin[_1_]
E65 2004 745i Accident History

E Brown wrote:
> An out of warranty 745i is already one of the riskiest used car
> purchases you can make, and we're talking about dealer-maintained cars
> only driven by little old ladies to church...
Forum: BMW February 8th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By admin[_1_]
06 330 I

Pete wrote:
> "Dana" wrote
>>> Get the CPO warranty to cover you up to 100k miles/6 years.
>
>> Unfortunately , I don't think that's available . I'm buying from a private
>> individual .

Forum: BMW February 6th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By admin[_1_]
ABS Light and Control Unit

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Sheesh, were they doing that as early as '99? That's evil.
> --scott

It is - but the same module is used on multiple models and series - so
this way they know it has the...
Forum: BMW February 6th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By admin[_1_]
ABS Light and Control Unit

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> It might, but it would depend on what error codes they are getting out
> of the unit.
>
> The dealership SHOULD have a spare ABS control unit that they can swap in,
> verify...
Forum: BMW February 5th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By admin[_1_]
ABS Light and Control Unit

JB wrote:

> When all they really need to do is stick a 'scope on each sensor. The
> waveform will tell you all you need to know.
>
> JB

You're confusing mechanics with electronic technicians....
Forum: BMW February 5th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By admin[_1_]
ABS Light and Control Unit

JB wrote:
> "T. Bokuden" > wrote in message
>> I've got a '99 528 sport wagon with about 50K miles. Recently the
>> ABS...
Forum: BMW February 4th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 22
Posted By admin[_1_]
Bimmer auto trans. still bummers?

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> R. Mark Clayton > wrote:
>> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>>> R. Mark Clayton...
Forum: BMW February 4th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

R. Mark Clayton incorrectly wrote:

> Some BMW's sold in the US for some reason have inferior and unreliable US
> boxes.

Ummm... not. They are made by GM - but GM in France, not the US and...
Forum: BMW January 25th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By admin[_1_]
BMW User Comments & Complaints by Model

For a spammer - the site actually has some useful info - particularly
the SIBs..

wrote:
> BMW User Comments & Complaints by Model
Forum: BMW January 14th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By admin[_1_]
2003 M3 M Mobility System Replacement?

Jed wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations for an aftermarket M Mobility System
> replacement. I'm in the US and see for the most part ads for Slime
> systems for a lot less than the OEM BMS M...
Forum: BMW January 9th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 32
Posted By admin[_1_]
Minimum octane?

Ivan Marsh wrote:

> Speaking of... any idea where E85 falls in all this? We have a lot of E85
> out here in the mid-west.

E85 is a VERY BAD IDEA for ANY BMW. The fuel system is not compatible,
and...
Forum: BMW December 21st 07, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By admin[_1_]
2008 328i 2dr coupe power steering standard?

Arctic Inferno wrote:
> I just got the new 2008 328i 2dr coupe.
> I did not choose active steering.
> However, I did choose the sports package and the automatic transmission with
> paddle...
Forum: BMW December 21st 07, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 18
Posted By admin[_1_]
325 still knocking after valve adjustment,..

Michael Yeager wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:20:27 -0500, admin > wrote:
>
>> Michael Yeager wrote:
>>
>> > Believe it or not, most performance engines up until just a few
Forum: BMW December 20th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
Posted By admin[_1_]
e39 dash got 'leather treatment' on it, how to clean it up??

wrote:
> On Dec 19, 10:46 pm, "Pete" > wrote:
>> > wrote
>>
>>> how can I clean it up so it looks/feels like it did when it was clean?
>> I...
Forum: BMW December 20th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

Michael Yeager wrote:

> Believe it or not, most performance engines up until just a few
> years ago had solid lifter or rocker arm type arrangements. Hydraulic
> lifters were designed for ease...
Forum: BMW December 19th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

> I was going to post the same as Jeff, however although big sixes in the
> 1980's had hydraulic tappets, I was not sure about this model.

The big 6's in the 80's also...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 223