Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael G. Koerner
Forum: Driving January 7th 10, 05:02 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Swiss nearly as bad as Finns on speeding fines

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> Swiss court fines speeding millionaire $290,000
> THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
>
> ST. GALLEN, Switzerland -- A Swiss court has slapped a wealthy speeder with
> a chalet-sized fine -...
Forum: Driving July 19th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 19
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Oscar Mayer Wienermobile crashes into Wis. home

Eric C. Near wrote:
> On Jul 19, 12:13 am, Tom Mogadore >
> wrote:
>> On Jul 18, 5:29 am, Larry Harvilla > wrote:
>>
>>> So they're taking...
Forum: Driving March 3rd 09, 03:50 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 28
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
32.7 million electric cars by 2015

Don't dare forget that some of the first vehicles offered for sale to the
public in the earliest days of automobility - well over 100 years ago - were
battery-electrics.

And the reasons why they...
Forum: Driving January 20th 09, 04:58 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
New Presidental Limo

US 71 wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Inauguration/Story?id=6594101&page=1
>
> "...armor plating at least five inches thick, bulletproof windows, run-flat
> tires and a sealed interior to...
Forum: Driving May 24th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
When rivers make confusing boundaries

wrote:
> Does anything like this happen in the northeast? The longest river or
> water state line I know of is the Connecticut River forming most of
> the border between Vermont and...
Forum: Driving April 29th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to misc.transport.trucking,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 49
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
State moves to ban fake testicles on vehicles

Fujikawa Yamamoto wrote:
> http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN4O32105020080425
>
> TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - Senate lawmakers in Florida have voted
> to ban the fake bull testicles...
Forum: Driving February 2nd 08, 03:26 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation,ba.transportation
Replies: 144
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Impressive auto

Bill Z. wrote:
> Alan Baker > writes:
>
>> In article
>> >,
>> Carl Rogers >...
Forum: Driving January 10th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to ca.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Replies: 11
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Future California 4 in WHL-360

Carl Rogers wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> In terms of our great hobby, few things usually beat the excitement of a
> new freeway... Fresh pavement, new travel options. When a freeway gets
Forum: Driving September 12th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 22
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Brits Plan Crackdown on Speeders - TWO VIOLATIONS and licenseis gone

wrote:
> On Sep 11, 7:18 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> Take note america. Speeders are killers and maimers, esp of...
Forum: Driving September 3rd 07, 12:53 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Ocean crossing in Ciudad de Panama

John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article >,
> Joseph Houk > wrote:
>>> In contrast, the road that you cite in Panama is your classic bridge
>>> to...
Forum: Driving August 22nd 07, 06:54 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 34
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Know Your Roads, Edition III

Studemania wrote:
> On Aug 21, 5:17 pm, "Scott M. Kozel" > wrote:
>> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote:
>>
>>> "My Land of Misery" > wrote:
Forum: Driving August 22nd 07, 06:51 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 34
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Know Your Roads, Edition III

Scott M. Kozel wrote:
> "Michael G. Koerner" > wrote:
>> My Land of Misery wrote:
>>
>>> We can narrow the possibilities to 48 by eliminating Jefferson City
>>> and Des Moines...
Forum: Driving August 22nd 07, 02:57 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 34
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Know Your Roads, Edition III

My Land of Misery wrote:
> On Aug 20, 9:24 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This could be the most challenging Know Your Roads thus far... Clues are,
>> you're...
Forum: Driving August 16th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 31
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Blinking Green Ball

Harry K wrote:
> On Aug 15, 4:31 pm, wrote:
>> On Aug 15, 7:19 pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
>>
>> (Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
Forum: Driving May 24th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Bush Threatens to Veto Gas Gouging Bill

Joe the Aroma wrote:
> "Scott O. Kuznicki" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 23 May 2007 22:24:57 -0500,...
Forum: Driving May 18th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.transport,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Which GPS would you recommend?

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver > said in
> misc.transport.road:
>
>>> There are some pocket PCs out there with GPS in them. They cost more, but,
Forum: Driving January 11th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 30
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Question on interchange design (pic)

Rich Piehl wrote:
> Eeyore wrote:
>>
>> necromancer wrote:
>>
>>> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Rich Piehl said in
>>> rec.autos.driving:
Forum: Driving January 6th 07, 08:57 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 32
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Hilarious Editorial: Speed Kills; Cameras Don't (in referenceto Scottsdale photo enforcement on 101)

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Jason Pawloski
> said in rec.autos.driving:
>> And the evidence continues to mount that if the photo enforcement were
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Replies: 28
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Trailer crackdown; anyone know anything about this?

Neon John wrote:

> I discussed this definition of commercial service with the TN Safety
> Commissioner in some detail when I had the opportunity, knowing the
> history in some other states. I asked...
Forum: Driving August 15th 06, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 32
Posted By Michael G. Koerner
Dont tailgate me bumper sticket

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2006 21:11:22 -0700, wrote:
>

>>I often wondered if such a bumper sticker would have any effect? I
>>think many people...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20