Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John F. Carr
Forum: Driving December 25th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 63
Posted By John F. Carr
85 MPH speedometers?

In article >,
Premier Bush > wrote:
>What years were the 85 MPH speedometers mandated by the feds? I know it was
>from...
Forum: Driving August 21st 07, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Replies: 18
Posted By John F. Carr
Question about red light camera traffic ticket

In article >, Deuteros > wrote:
>I got a ticket in the mail the other day. It was from a red light camera.
>My father-in-law was driving our van and crossed...
Forum: Driving June 20th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 14
Posted By John F. Carr
Get your kicks on Route 366

In article >,
Sherman L. Cahal > wrote:
>On Jun 19, 2:36 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
>>(For those...
Forum: Driving March 19th 07, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.law-enforcement.traffic,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 82
Posted By John F. Carr
Why don't American drivers drive like Europeans?

In article >,
Paul Hovnanian P.E. > wrote:
>Bob wrote:
>>
>> Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
>> > In America (or more precisely, the USA) driving is...
Forum: Driving February 23rd 07, 07:51 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement
Replies: 362
Posted By John F. Carr
Do Red-Light cams show the light red as well as license plate photo?

In article >,
Robert Bolton > wrote:
>I was given a ticket for running a red light by a Valencia California
>policeman. I did stop, but...
Forum: Driving January 13th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 16
Posted By John F. Carr
Loop 101 Speed Enforcement Cameras "Cut Down On Speeders; Reduce Serious Wrecks"

In article >,
Chuck Whealton > wrote:

>Steve B wrote:
>> "Jason Pawloski" > wrote
>>
>> The early...
Forum: Driving January 12th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 60
Posted By John F. Carr
San Franciscans Hurl Their Rage at Parking Patrol

In article >, milou <nobody> wrote:
>In UK, these cameras are there uniquely for raising revenue.
>A favourite trick is to have speed cameras on motorways...
Forum: Driving January 5th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

Jason Pawloski > wrote:
>You don't know the half of it. One of the reasons to justify putting
>cameras is that...
Forum: Driving January 4th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

Brad Bishop > wrote:
>"Steve B" > wrote in message

Forum: Driving December 20th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Replies: 249
Posted By John F. Carr
Speeding Ticket While Doing Average Speed

In article >,
Arif Khokar > wrote:
>> Huh?? He doesn't see cars that are around him? Even here in the wide
>> open west I know what speed the...
Forum: Driving December 14th 06, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 249
Posted By John F. Carr
Speeding Ticket While Doing Average Speed

In article >,
> wrote:
>While it may be "safe" to exceed a posted speed limit, the drivers who
>do so are generally only...
Forum: Driving November 19th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Replies: 14
Posted By John F. Carr
Your Honor, don't signs have to say This Means You?

In article <mcQ5h.1258$Jd3.1007@trnddc07>,
GK > wrote:
>I'm wondering if she could've got all the tickets dismissed because
>around here the speed limit signs do not...
Forum: Driving October 23rd 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 30
Posted By John F. Carr
Metering freeway on-ramps

In article >,
Dave > wrote:
>> When CDOT put in the ramp meters on north I-25, it kept records of
>> travel times and speeds...
Forum: Driving October 22nd 06, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 30
Posted By John F. Carr
Metering freeway on-ramps

In article >,
brink > wrote:
>It's odd that the only place this "metering" crap
>> is used is in areas that have the very worst traffic problems to...
Forum: Driving September 10th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 164
Posted By John F. Carr
Article: Five Tips for Safer Driving

In article >,
gpsman > wrote:
>Matthew Russotto wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Bernd...
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Replies: 28
Posted By John F. Carr
Trailer crackdown; anyone know anything about this?

In article >,
brink > wrote:
>A friend of mine who was travelling thru Iowa (I'm assuming westbound on
>I-80) called me to let me know he just got...
Forum: Driving September 6th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,rec.outdoors.rv-travel

brink > wrote:
>A friend of mine who was travelling thru Iowa (I'm assuming westbound on
>I-80) called me to let me know he just got...
Forum: Driving September 6th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,aus.cars

DYM > wrote:
>Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

Forum: Driving September 1st 06, 05:23 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>"Troy Jollimore" > said in
>rec.autos.driving:
>
>>A merge works both ways...
Forum: Driving August 30th 06, 12:02 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 30
Posted By John F. Carr
Gasoline sold at higher temperatures without adjustments cost consumers

In article >,
gpsman > wrote:
>Truckers have been aware of this issue for some...
Forum: Driving August 30th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving

In article >, John S > wrote:
>Article from Kansas City Star and via other Knight - Ridder papers too.
>
>State probes 'hot' fuel sales
>The California...
Forum: Audi August 20th 06, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By John F. Carr
2007 Audis with FWD ?

In article >,
Pete > wrote:

>"Frank The Tank" wrote
>> But what about those
>> people that don't need AWD? How about giving us an...
Forum: Driving August 4th 06, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 32
Posted By John F. Carr
Chooper landing in street

In article >,
Mike T. > wrote:
>> You honestly think landing a helicopter in a public street is without
>> hazard to persons...
Forum: Audi July 30th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 6
Posted By John F. Carr
2001 S4 glove compartment

In article >,
Jens > wrote:

>"Dano58" > skrev i en meddelelse...
Forum: Driving July 29th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 30
Posted By John F. Carr
Careless driving on being hit by suspended drivers - as per Oregon law

In article >,
Bill Funk > wrote:
>On 29 Jul 2006 00:09:20 GMT, (John F. Carr) wrote:
>
>>In article...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51