Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Backyard Mechanic
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Saleen bad news

Ðavïd > wrote:

> Saleen's new owner, MJ Acquisitions, will not be honoring any
> outstanding warranties on Saleen Inc. products, services, or vehicles.
>
> That's bad news...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Did I mention that the Foxes are now 15 YEARS OLD?!?

YOUR foxes are 15 yo. Even more 'sigh' inducing is that the chassis
appeared in 1979. Do the math.

I see a few driving now and then... usually by someone who was in diapers
or contained in a...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
A Fun Ride

wrote:

> On Mar 6, 8:22*am, GILL > wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>> > Now here's something you don't see every day:
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
2001 mustang lower ball joint

"Len Rominger" > wrote:

> 2001 mustang
> I can't seem to get the lower joint out of the control arm.
> I have borrow a C type ball joint remover and have put a lot of
> pressure...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Tasca: An old name reappears!

In national performance news

Bob Tasca wins FunnyCar at Gators

Good for Tasca.. one of the legendary Ford Performance names of the Sixties

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 16th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"mark james" > wrote:

....the best thing I ever did was get rid of
> the Ford alternator, the regulator, and install a one wire alternator.
> (internal regulated) One wire...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 9th 08, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
The Cincy to Toronto Blizzard of 08

dropped 15 to 20 inches generally along I-71.

Naturally some idiot takes a Mustang out in it....

From Monday Columbus Dispatch:
"Montell "Money" Whitfield, 23, of the East Side, was in Canton at...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 13th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Knight Rider: New K.I.T.T. is a ...

Backyard Mechanic > wrote:

> .. Mustang

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-
hibberd/2007/12/knight_rider_premiere_set_arne.php

Quote:
NBC also has released official images of...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 13th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Knight Rider: New K.I.T.T. is a ...

... Mustang

you pay..DEAL with it!
Forum: Ford Mustang November 18th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Can I jack my 93 Mustang under the front control arm?

".boB" > wrote:

> Joe Colella wrote:
>> Is there any wrong or stupid with jacking my 93 Mustang from under the
>> control arm?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Joe

Forum: Ford Mustang November 10th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Tip: Rusty Brake Lines, SAVING YOUR SANITY

Just replaced my second (different cars) rusty broken line in a
month..what does that say about my life! :(

Here's some good advice, I think.

Forget Autozone and the like for parts.. they'll...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 10th 07, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 11
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
TIP: Easy Alternator refurbish

If your mid-90's Ford has run up it's mileage to about 100 - 150 kmiles
or so, you might want to undertake a quick Saturday project that will
probably save you big bucks -and inconvenience- in the...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 1st 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Difficulty getting into reverse

"Esteban" > wrote:

> Hi folks,
> My wife has a '05 Mustang with the 4.6 engine and a 5 speed transmission
> with 27,000 miles. She is having increasing difficulty getting it...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 27th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
is this feasible??

Backyard Mechanic > wrote:

> .. Use a
> pendulum type integrated into, and driving the the valves, directly

That's a 'dampened' pendulum, of course. Otherwise that'd be a...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 26th 07, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2

" > wrote:

> http://createthefuturecontest.com/pages/view/entriesdetail.html?entryID
> =798

We talk 'adult' on here. I understand a student in...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 26th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
2.3 pings at cruising speed.

elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

> Here's a teaser. My '80 Capri 2.3 pings only at cruising speed (light
> throttle.) I thought I had found the problem tonight, when I found
> that a previous owner had...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 24th 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Why Online Games are So Fun

wrote:

> After working hard for my money, the least I could do is to have some
> online fun. That's what motivates me to keep making money.

Then spend it on porn!

Forum: Ford Mustang October 23rd 07, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
Dissing the MavGrabber

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK2XTEJMSFK0E10

"Car Lust--Ford Maverick Grabber
9:36 AM PDT, October 22, 2007
The Ford Maverick, a heavier and less sporting machine than the Ford
Pinto on...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 1st 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
'79 Thermostat

"JohnO" > wrote:

> Big Al wrote:
>> "JohnO" > wrote in message
>> > I helped my son replace the...
Forum: 4x4 December 30th 06, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4,soc.culture.usa,alt.autos.ford,alt.politics.conservative,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 87
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
44,000 DEATHS On Our Highways: And Nobody Cares!

"Stormin Mormon" > wrote:

> Was the cat OK?

Heh... yeah I was driving a Probe.

For the rest of you, cat was typo of 'car'
Forum: 4x4 December 28th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4,soc.culture.usa,alt.autos.ford,alt.politics.conservative,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 87

Bill Dunkinfield > wrote:

> Mike Hunter wrote:
>>
>> The 'problem' is in the various states we allow people that do not
>> know how to drive, to teach others how to...
Forum: 4x4 December 28th 06, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4,soc.culture.usa,alt.autos.ford,alt.politics.conservative,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 87
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
44,000 DEATHS On Our Highways: DAMN good news!

wrote:

> The writer is a professor of political science at Fairleigh Dickinson
> University and executive director of PublicMind, a public opinion
> research group there.
Forum: Ford Mustang December 27th 06, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
2007 Shelby GT Production / Pricing

"Ðavïd" > wrote:

> . The new Ford Shelby GT is the third model

Hey... Dah-veed;

How about posting and attributing the source. Just because you can
copy/paste it doesnt mean...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 27th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Backyard Mechanic
FORD MUSTANG '' SPRINT'' CANADIAN Limited editon-Need info!

WindsorFox > wrote:

> THEFULLBOSS wrote:
>> HI !
>> Yes I have visit the web site and nothing on it!
>> THANKS!
>>

> Top posting. Let's make things even more...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 22nd 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5