Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Matthew Fries
Forum: Saturn April 10th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Matthew Fries
97 SC2 bucking

It's not quite as bad as the title makes it sound. It doesn't happen
from a dead stop. Instead it usually just happens while I'm driving on
city streets, and it occurrs just when I back off the...
Forum: Saturn February 6th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Fries
sync keyless entry remote

I did clean the contacts on the remote after the battery leaked. This
is the second time I have had a battery leak in my fob. Yet amazingly,
the buttons on the remote still work! It's just that they...
Forum: Saturn February 5th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Matthew Fries
sync keyless entry remote

I have a 97 SC2 with electronic locks. The remote for keyless entry
will no longer sync when I hold both lock and unlock buttons for 7
seconds.

I *DID* have a problem with the battery in the remote...
Forum: Saturn December 19th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Fries
CD-Changer cable

I have a 97 SC2 with an eq and the CD-changer in the trunk. Earlier
this year, the cd-changer failed and it will no longer read any CDs.
The head unit just says "ERR".

I'm resigned to buying a new...
Forum: Saturn November 9th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By Matthew Fries
radio locked out

It's an anti-theft measure. The stereo is locked with a 4 digit code.
If you enter the correct code, it will unlock. The dealer can look up
the unlock code based on the serial number or something....
Forum: Saturn June 16th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Matthew Fries
SC2 CD-Changer questions

My changer is not an OEM CD-changer. I bought it from my Saturn
dealer, and it is clearly a Delco brand.

I seem to remember hearing that the digital protocol for the saturn
cd-changer and head unit...
Forum: Saturn June 12th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Matthew Fries
SC2 CD-Changer questions

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:07:50 -0400, BläBlä
> wrote:

>I'd say quit f'ing around with it and get one of...
Forum: Saturn June 11th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Matthew Fries
SC2 CD-Changer questions

I bought my 1997 SC2 brand new with the factory stereo and equalizer
package, but I didn't have the CD-changer installed until about a year
later.

Now, the CD changer is starting to have trouble...
Forum: Saturn April 26th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew Fries
SC-2 Seat

Funny that the GP mentioned a 19" monitor. When I bought my 19" CRT
monitor, I couldn't get it in the back seat of my 97 SC2, so it rode
in the passenger seat. I have a manual transmission, and I...
Forum: Saturn April 25th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By Matthew Fries
SC-2 Seat

I, too, have always wondered if you could exchange seats.

The driver side seat in my 97 SC2 started to get a small rip, so I got
seat covers for the pair of them.

One thing that has always...
Forum: Saturn December 7th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Matthew Fries
Front Speaker Install in '99 SW2

I'm willing to bet that your 99 SW2 has the same doors as my 97 SC2.
If that's true, remove the entire inside panel. Don't worry, it comes
off pretty easy.

1. remove the "sail" panel (the triangle...
Forum: Saturn September 12th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By Matthew Fries
Flikering lights

Sounds like a bad voltage regulator.

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:18:21 -0500, "HyperCube33"
> wrote:

>My car (1997 Saturn SC2)'s lights flicker constantly.
>Supposedly, I...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12