Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Buster
Forum: Saturn October 30th 06, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Buster
2001 Saturn SL1 good or bad ??

My 96 SL-1 with 120,000 miles has never had any engine problems.
Buster
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:10:25 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

>In article...
Forum: Saturn September 1st 06, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 38
Posted By Buster
Direction GM's taking Saturn

If it weren't for the plastic panels, what would make my Saturn better
than any other car? I've bought a couple of replacement Saturns
because they still look pretty good after several years, while...
Forum: Saturn September 1st 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 38
Posted By Buster
Direction GM's taking Saturn

$300-500 doesn't even cover the salesman's commision. How do you
suppose the dealer pays for the building, taxes, the lights so you can
shop at night, the guy who keeps the car clean, etc. Some...
Forum: Saturn August 3rd 06, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

Tom, I tried your technique and it didn't help. I usually just turn
the car on. Today, I turned it to the RUN position, then took the
trash to the curb. After about a minute, I started the car and it...
Forum: Saturn July 30th 06, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

Any tips on how to tell if it's running lean? I'm pretty sure it runs
rich once it's warmed up, I get a lot of popping back in the exhaust
system when decelerating. Also, when I changed the ECT there...
Forum: Saturn July 29th 06, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

Would a bad fuel pump only act up for a few minutes in the morning?
Problem doesn't recur until next day. Car has new ECT, plugs, wires
and fuel filter. Will try cleaning the throttle body.
Buster
On...
Forum: Saturn July 29th 06, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

New fuel filter 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind, this only occurs for the
first 5-10 minutes in the morning. After that it runs fine.
Buster
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:12:40 GMT, SnoMan >...
Forum: Saturn July 28th 06, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

Thanks for the tip. I've never run my tank dry, but it is 10 years
old. I'll check it out.
Buster
On 28 Jul 2006 00:02:10 -0700, "wavy" > wrote:

>Hey Buster -
>I think your...
Forum: Saturn July 28th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Buster
96 SL-1 stumbles for a few minutes

Hi,
I have a 1996 SL-1 manual with 120,000 miles on it. For about the
first 5 minutes most mornings, it stumbles under medium load. Idles
ok. If revved above 3500, it runs ok. But, when cruising down...
Forum: Saturn July 18th 06, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 19
Posted By Buster
Two Saturns, one key

That's funny, both my '92 and '96 came with 2 keys. When they handed
me the keys, I asked if I could get 2 more. They walked me over to the
service department and let me watch while they punched out...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10