Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 1.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Forum: Ford Explorer August 15th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Power antenna does not completely retract after repair (99 Explorer)

Missing tooth on the white nylon gear that pulls the nylon strip down?
If it gets to the sticking point, and you push it down further while the
motor is still running, does it grab and continue...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 25th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
How to adjust rear door opening height?

CWLee wrote:
> "blueheron" wrote
>
>> I was hoping
>> someone here could ... share
>> their knowledge on how to adjust the opening height so
> that it stops at a
>> lower level.
>
> I have the same...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 20th 07, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Loose battery connection or tuneup needed?

Air conditioner clutch engaging/disengaging?

Bill
=================

Trefor wrote:
> A bad connection on the battery is more likely to cause difficult starting.
>
> Also, when the engine is...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 6th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
2005 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

JohanB wrote:
> Another tip
>
> NEVER use cd's that you labeled yourself, there to thick

Johan is right. The paper label you put on a homemade CD can come
unglued a bit at the edge, and jam on...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 28th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
'02 power mirror switch

2002 Explorer XLT. The switch for the power mirrors works fine for both
mirrors for up-down, but over the course of a couple years, the
left-right portion has gradually gotten more and more...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 20th 06, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
2002 Explorer - what is this switch?

Go to your trusty '02 and open the hood. Over on the outside edge of
the passenger's side of the engine compartment, between the air cleaner
and the coolant expansion tank, is a switch. It is in...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 8th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 20
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Running on Coleman stove fuel

Bob wrote:

> So maybe my question wasn't so idiotic?

Your question wasn't idiotic at all. In the old days before unleaded
gasoline was available, Coleman fuel was "white gas". That meant simply...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 4th 06, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Cargo cover for 2002 Explorer

Jim wrote:

> I'm looking to get a retractable cargo cover for the used 2002
> Explorer I bought a while back. I've seen a few on eBay and such
> but want to make sure before I buy one that they...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 8th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Jeffrey[_1_]
Tire Rotation Question

Jacob wrote:

> I have a '95 XLT and I bought a set of Michelin M/S tires at about 100,000
> miles, and have had them rotated twice since then. They only rotate them
> from front to back and vice...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9