Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Itsfrom Click
Forum: Ford Mustang March 1st 10, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 41
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang's Future

Patrick and Jim:

yup, AMX was a chopped Javelin.......the Gremlin was a chopped Hornet
(later Spirit and Concord, later Eagles).

and they were all based on the same cowl, short & long floorpans,...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 27th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 41
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang's Future

they could save some length by giving-up the charade of a back seat:
just went out and measured my convert: about 33 inches between top well
and front seats.......3 1/2 inches between back seat and...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 18th 10, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Itsfrom Click
A question about newer Mustangs

wondering if they've improved the convertible.......was somewhat
disappointed with my '06: there can't be a pass-through from the trunk
as there's a bulkhead, but would have been nice if the...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 16th 10, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Itsfrom Click
DIY Mustang Convertible installation - Am I Crazy?

Well, it would be far beyond anything I would try myself......but then
I'm all thumbs and no patience.

Can tell you that several years ago I needed a new top for an
'86......my friendly local dealer...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 7th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang News, In Case You Missed It

Bob.....

the Mustang is a convert which is not only butt-up, but has a smallish
rear window.with wide band of vinyl at the bottom (and its now reached
1800 miles in 4 years, so unlikely to replace...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 7th 09, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang News, In Case You Missed It

sorry you can't conceptualize the advantages of being able to see
something in the rear view mirror besides sky........guess you are
accustomed to limited vision.
Forum: Ford Mustang December 6th 09, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang News, In Case You Missed It

have had more than my share of cars that managed to be fast despite the
aerodynamics of a brick.

and surely it makes sense to reasonably employ aerodynamics to increase
fuel efficiency.

but doesn't...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 6th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Mustang News, In Case You Missed It

and.......one of my pet peeves: aerodynamics.......

can't see anything but sky out the back windows of new
cars...........can't see where the front of the car since they all have
to slope down to a...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 27th 09, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By Itsfrom Click
2009/10 rear end treatment

dittos: almost as-if they thought the restyle wasn't enuff for the
average person to notice, so they intentionally accentuated the
butt-in-the-air look.......very un-Mustang, and its......well, its...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 23rd 09, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Itsfrom Click
advice for selling: fix first?

there are buyers looking for "fixer-uppers"......and they expect the
price to reflect needed repairs.

I'm stay away from any car that has multiple little problems.......if
the owner hasn't taken...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 3rd 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 11
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Old farts in nice cars

in my wild youth, I had a new, bright-red Z-28 (and a very thick
payment book)......couldn't take that thing out of the garage without
attracting every cop within miles. my respect for SOME law...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 29th 09, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By Itsfrom Click
The joy of car repair?

I've never had many mechanical skills (or patience which is one of the
most important) but when I was younger and poorer, it was necessary to
save as many dollars as possible: I'd get the shop...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 21st 09, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Itsfrom Click
The one(s) that got away - what could you have bought thatyou...

Frank: your Buick story is a heart-breaker........and yes, my misspent
youth included a lot of visits to junkyards......not so much for needing
something, but just to look around. Even then (back...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 20th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Itsfrom Click
The one(s) that got away - what could you have bought that you...

you bring-up many painful memories, including:

around 1978, got lost in rural Northwest Ohio, pulled into a combination
farmyard/repair garage/junkyard.....was busy oggling an abandoned '53
Packard...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 15th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Itsfrom Click
I must be getting old

Thanks, Dwight......duh, hadn't checked fordvehicles for a while!

On the old man thing: I have both a Taurus and a Mustang........having
had a few 'stang coupes, finally got a GT convertible ...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 14th 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Itsfrom Click
I must be getting old

.....not happy to be obsolete so soon - thought they would leave it
alone longer, but they gotta do something to make them sell - it's
supposed to be their bread n butter car.

please pardon my...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 29th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Barrett-Jackson auto auction

If I had a gazillion, I'd have a private road coarse in a dry climate
somewhere, have staff vacuum it off every day so I could take my
Duesies, Packards and whatevers out for workouts.

I...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 25th 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Winter car storage

Yes, although I keep my toys covered, I keep the hoods wide open from
Fall on as the critters like nesting there. (The mice even start
homesites around warm engines of my drivers) I toss some...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 22nd 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 26
Posted By Itsfrom Click
Future of Ford

the "greed" of the big 3 continuing to offer the "big ones" like
Escalade with higher profit margins rather than making only small cars.
Yup, I can go back into my piles of old car mags and see...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 9th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
R.I.P. Chrysler

diesels: without any evidence, I always suspected that diesels are
carcinogenic, 'tho I never heard or ready anything to that affect. Now
in the past couple days, I've heard a couple "experts" on...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 7th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By Itsfrom Click
R.I.P. Chrysler

nothing like a ****ing contest to liven-up a previously dead group
!!!!

as for parts/service for an orphan, Studebaker has been gone since
'66 and Packard since '56....and parts are still in...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 20th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
Posted By Itsfrom Click
This news group still up...???

yes.....looked around the net a bit and guess a lot of ISPs are dropping
usenet (& others) to save a few cents per subscriber.

and....just took the 'stang for a drive thru the nearby state...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 19th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 13
Posted By Itsfrom Click
This news group still up...???

yeah......this, and other groups I check. everybuddy raking leaves,
watching football.....or don't want to think about spending money?!?

Gosh, the Studebaker group is just about dead!
Forum: Ford Mustang October 11th 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By Itsfrom Click
What is the real weight

Gill: yup, researched it pretty carefully and it came as close to what
I wanted as anything (couldn't find a new car with leaf springs - and
I'm half serious about that). I've whined here since I...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 10th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By Itsfrom Click
What is the real weight

a lot of my gripes with my '06 come from the hype when they came out:
bigger interior, and designed from drawing board to be a convert so more
solid according to all the mags.

my sister has an '04...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98