Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: shiden_kai
Forum: Technology May 4th 07, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By shiden_kai
Black Transmission Fluid - - Any Hope???

Hachiroku ???? wrote:

> Seen it with me own eyes...
>
> Had to go rescue the victims of two Flush 'n Fills myself...

Of course you have! Have you ever performed a transmission
"flush"?

Ian
Forum: Technology May 3rd 07, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Hachiroku ???? wrote:

> I wouldn't flush it. For every success story, there's five horror
> stories!

The only horror stories are here....deep inside "old wives tales"
country!

Ian
Forum: Technology May 3rd 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By shiden_kai
Oldsmobile Diesel

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> What Olds did was to take an existing gasoline engine block, put on a
> slightly different head, and different pistons and rods. But an awful
> lot of the diesel engine parts...
Forum: Technology May 1st 07, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By shiden_kai
Oldsmobile Diesel

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> As I recall, there was a standard retrofit to turn these back into
> gasoline engines, and when this was done they actually ran well and
> were pretty reliable.

I've never...
Forum: Technology April 28th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By shiden_kai
Need opinion about working as an auto mechanic in U.S.

debiannabi wrote:

> I plan to move U.S for working as an auto mechanic.
> I'd like to know what is the average wage and working condition.

You are going the wrong way. The conditions and pay for...
Forum: Technology April 26th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By shiden_kai
Help me Learn

sfetter55 wrote:

> Thank You EVERYONE for the information! Your the best, and I'm that
> much more knowledgeable. My car is a Chevy Malibu 2002 LS.

It's quite possible that you have an intake...
Forum: Technology April 9th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
3800 RWD Questions

Steve wrote:

> Yep. Really the same block (without the raised deck) as the Olds 455.
> Can you imagine how good big GMC pickups and dump trucks of the 70s
> and 80s would have been with an Olds 455...
Forum: Technology April 7th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
3800 RWD Questions

maxwedge wrote:

> On target, Ian. Early 3.8's had weak oil pump designs and suffered
> may crank failures. Nothing beats a Chev 350 pound for pound ,dollar
> for dollar. This is coming from a Mopar...
Forum: Technology April 7th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
3800 RWD Questions

Steve wrote:

> I would say that its just an all-around better engine. Not that
> there's anything dreadful about the 4.3, but the 3800 is better in
> the same way a Buick 350 was better than a Chevy...
Forum: Technology April 6th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By shiden_kai
****ty luck or bad mechanics?

Binba wrote:

> 1. Brakes $320
> The Pasadena shop rated the rear breaks at 40%, and declared it didn't
> find any hydraulic brakefluid loss. Now the Northridge shop reported
> them at %15, and...
Forum: Technology March 18th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
flush or not to flush

"Tegger" wrote

> As a non-pro, I was one of those who bought into the anecdotal
> condemnation
> of "flushing".
>
> My understanding of "flushing" was that it involved the use of solvents
> that...
Forum: Technology March 18th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
flush or not to flush

"BOB Urz" wrote

> Some machines seem to do more than just "change the fluid"
>
> what about this one?
>
> http://www.asedeals.com/transmission_flusher.html
>
> Seems to aireate or agitate the fluid...
Forum: Technology March 17th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By shiden_kai
flush or not to flush

"Altima" wrote

> Please let me know what you guys think about it. Looks like there are
> 2 schools ... Those who want to do a decent job and those who want to
> sell service .. the problem is I am...
Forum: Technology February 23rd 07, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By shiden_kai
TTY head bolts - replace?

wrote:

> I had heard the same story as Nate, but good to know that there are
> exceptions to every rule.

There are many folks who do not realize that there is a difference
between a...
Forum: Technology February 23rd 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By shiden_kai
TTY head bolts - replace?

wrote:

> Many years ago,about once or twice each month,people used to remove
> the cylinder heads from their vehicles.They would scrape out the
> carbon,put on a new head...
Forum: Technology February 22nd 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By shiden_kai
TTY head bolts - replace?

Nate Nagel wrote:

>> Do I believe him?
>
> Nope.

Why not? Depending on the application, he may be right.

> If the specs in the factory shop manual are something like "xx ft-lbs
> + yy degrees"...
Forum: Technology January 27th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By shiden_kai
96 grand am 3.1 auto

wrote:

> Help, my grand am is not allowing me to have my keys back. it will let
> you turn the engine off but not far enough to turn the daytime runnig
> lights and...
Forum: Technology January 21st 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By shiden_kai
1999 Suburban Coolant Leak

Carl wrote:

> Any method of confirming this is the problem before comencing to pull
> the cylinder head? Is this a common problem during these model years
> with higher mileage?

I'd be very...
Forum: Technology January 16th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 150
Posted By shiden_kai
Any diesel mechanic gurus on here?

buffalo wrote:

> It isn't him but after seeing how he put some of the posters in here
> in their place, I admire him.

Put us in our place (laugh). He got "spanked" so hard that he
eventually slunk...
Forum: Technology January 16th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By shiden_kai
1999 Suburban Intake leak:

Bush wrote:

> The Car Quest sets have been mostly Victor Reinz so I will seek out a
> Fel-Pro set tomorrow. There was a lot of controversy over GM gaskets
> and Decool and apparently Texaco...
Forum: Technology January 13th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

buffalo wrote:

> I really do believe it is boring for you. What possible entertainment
> could you provide each other except for trying to impress each other
> and since, from what I have seen...
Forum: Technology January 13th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

buffalo wrote:

> If you think that my asking if there were any diesel wizards here was
> hostile, I just don't get it. How is someone supposed to know
> anything without asking? My assumption,...
Forum: Technology January 13th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

buffalo wrote:
> Nope, no thank you, I will never post in here again

Thank goodness. Run along now!

> I may post here and try to help someone else.

Please...no....don't bother....bye bye!

Ian
Forum: Technology January 12th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By shiden_kai
Brake Rotors-Are They All The Same?

Tegger wrote:

> Here's the best one I've found yet.
> http://www.babcox.com/editorial/bf/bf100326.htm

It is a good article, and it blows holes in so many of
the myths that float around these...
Forum: Technology January 12th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> Is the TPMS thing winding down? ;-)

Very funny! Lol. Haven't had time to
check responses..."if" any.