Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keith Loyd
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Loyd
FOLLOWUP - It turns out you really need a working Lower control arm ball joint, I've takin it in

Many thanks to those who responded and directed me to websites (lamerfreak)
with more detailed information. The unanimous opinion here was more useful
than a mechanic at a ethically casual dealer...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Loyd
A Critique of Peter's Rant, in The Form of A Haiku

you overreact
barely perusing my text
sad blubbering fool
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Loyd
Lower control arm ball joint - just how dangerous is putting off this repair?

peter,

Your emotionally overrought reaction to a simple question on an obscure
suspension issue was 'how dare I seek a second opinion?!' in so many words.
I suggest you either drink a little more...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Loyd
Lower control arm ball joint - just how dangerous is putting off this repair?

Howdy,
For maybe the last 20k miles, my Jetta ('97 TDI 5 sp manual, 180k miles) has
made a little more jiggling noise when the left tire hits a bump than the
right. For the last few months, I have...
Forum: Honda July 24th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Keith Loyd
Restoring stock seat upholstery

If you want to spend a little money, these guys have excellent leather
coverings that actually fit. Car and Driver talked about them once, and I
have seen some old BMW's with these seat covers...
Forum: VW water cooled July 14th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Keith Loyd
1993-1999 VW odometer roll over - another explanation

Frank,

I discovered about a year ago that digital odometers are easier to roll back
than the old ones. (You can tell mine is honest because it says 180k) It
turns out Germany allows odometer...
Forum: VW water cooled July 12th 06, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 29
Posted By Keith Loyd
Is a Jetta TDI a good car? - 9 yrs and 180k miles on mine

My Jetta has been mostly reliable for 9 years and 180k miles and I have no
immediate plans to sell it. However, keep in mind that VW's have always had
a kind of sliding scale of...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7