Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe[_11_]
Forum: Saturn October 5th 06, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

CLIP PORTIONS OF A GREAT POST...

Thank you! I most definitely appreciate a technical answer rather than
someone trying to simply convince me to not do it...

> That said, as a fellow resident of...
Forum: Saturn October 5th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

> You still haven't figured out that the opinion that this should not be
> done
> *is* the "technical advice" you claim you were looking for.

My original post said, "Is there any way of removing...
Forum: Saturn October 4th 06, 11:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

> Strange thread...very strange. (Not you or marx)

It wouldn't have become so strange if people answered with technical advice
instead of their opinions on why something should or should not be...
Forum: Saturn October 4th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

>>Most lawnmower mechanics know that a spark plug is. Some may even know
>>how
>>to change the oil in a mower... Although that is rare.
>
> Oh, get real. In your previous post, you said that...
Forum: Saturn October 3rd 06, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

> See, this is what has me baffled -- can you explain why you believe that
> replacing the PCV valve is "beyond the average lawnmower mechanic"? That's
> not
> making any sense.

Most lawnmower...
Forum: Saturn October 3rd 06, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

>>For a charity out in the middle of nowhere, yes. Sorta.
>
> Seems to me that if you can afford to donate the car to them, you could
> afford
> to donate a couple years' supply of PCV valves...
Forum: Saturn October 3rd 06, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

> You call five bucks "costly"??

For a charity out in the middle of nowhere, yes. Sorta.

> As for "hard to remember"... if you donate the car to them, it becomes
> *their*
> car = their problem....
Forum: Saturn October 3rd 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe[_11_]
Donating Car to Rural Charity...

1995 SL1 - SOHC

I've been working with a charity in rural NY state for close to 20 years...
And they need a donated car that runs well for a theme-oriented use. It
would be donated forever and...
Forum: Saturn September 27th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe[_11_]
SL1 Clutch Goes Bad How?

"Son_Worshipper" > wrote in message
>I had 180,000 miles on my '93 SL2 when the clutch went out. (I am
> imagining...
Forum: Saturn September 27th 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe[_11_]
SL1 Clutch Goes Bad How?

When it finally goes (I have 160,000 mi. on original...) does it go with
gradual slippage like most cars or just simply disappear like some of the
newer self-adjusting ones?

Anyone get more than...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10