Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: zigford
Forum: VW air cooled August 11th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
How long does a solid shortblock/bottom end last

anton wrote:

> 60k sounds about right according to john mayer.

I thought the 60k was long block? (Pistons, rings, cylinders and
heads)

What is life of shortblock? (crank, cam, lifters, rods,...
Forum: VW air cooled August 10th 06, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
How long does a solid shortblock/bottom end last

I know nobody likes to answer these questions as their a tons of
variables to consider such as: How often oil is changed, oil quality,
engine temp, thrashing the engine, blah blah.

But I have heard...
Forum: VW air cooled August 10th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By zigford
Sermons of Bob Hoover

wrote:

> Now
> everyone is argueing, fighting, and claiming that the VW enthusiasts
> are dwindling..

Not in my household.
My older sister-in-law got her 63bug on the road mid...
Forum: VW air cooled August 4th 06, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
65 bug converted to 12 volt problems

john wrote:

> Anyone else having my problems? I converted my 65 bug to 12 volt years
> ago and left the 6 volt starter in. About 7 years ago, I had to have my
> flywheel replaced because the 6 volt...
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 06, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
6volt choke

Okay, I have done a bit of searching and found some plans to make this
unit.

Does anyone know how much current the 12v element draws?
The circuit at the following website can only supply about...
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
6volt choke

Mac wrote:
> http://www.bughaus.com/beetle54.htm
>
> Down about 5 sections of parts....... they sell 6V elements apparently. Not
> easy to find though!!

Thanks for the link Mac. Althought this is...
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 06, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
6volt choke

wrote:
> Winter!!?? Are you kidding me?? I know their is a time difference from
> here to Australia, but never knew their was a seasons difference. I
> would have figured it was...
Forum: VW air cooled August 1st 06, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
6volt choke

Hello all.

My sister has a 63 bug with everything still 6volt.

Now that its winter here in Australia, we need the choke more now than
ever.
The old 6v heater element for the choke burned up long...
Forum: VW air cooled July 25th 06, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By zigford
I need an engine

Where is the "aussieforum"

Thanks
Grahame Rumballe wrote:
> "zigford" > wrote in message ...
> > Hey,
> >
> > Anybody in...
Forum: VW air cooled July 24th 06, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By zigford
I need an engine

Hey,

Anybody in Australia got a spare engine you wanna sell?
I'm in Queensland, Sunshine Coast.

Let me know if you do.

Thanks
Forum: VW air cooled July 18th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
Body swap (63 for 70)

Will a 70 (Standard Beetle) body fit on a 63 chasis?

I have a spare body lined up and rather than replace heater channel's
and various other rusted bits, this would be easier if no modifications
are...
Forum: VW air cooled July 16th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By zigford
king pins / link pins

I took the body off of my 63 beetle the other day, just to do I couple
of jobs easier.

I noticed that the drivers side inner tie rod was loose, so am
replacing that.
Also noticed that the upper...
Forum: VW air cooled July 10th 06, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
heater channel question

dragenwagen wrote:
> The Y pipe? yes you can get it out with out destroying it. If you have the
> body off, its simple. Take out the 2 10mm bolts from underneath the rear
> package tray and it...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 06, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
heater channel question

dragenwagen wrote:
> The Y pipe? yes you can get it out with out destroying it. If you have the
> body off, its simple. Take out the 2 10mm bolts from underneath the rear
> package tray and it...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 06, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By zigford
heater channel question

Howdie again.

I have gotten as far as removing all paint from around the heater
channel to remove spot welds and the like.
Now what do I do with the pipe that delivers the heat? Is there a way
to...
Forum: VW air cooled July 8th 06, 11:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
Pedal cluster

Thanks all for your posts.

Grahame, I tried as you said and got it.

Abit of lube and some elbow greese and it popped right off.

Then I ran into another problem (Which I've already solved)

In the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 6th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
Pedal cluster

tricky wrote:
> With the help of the info Remco (Hi Remco!) gave can you describe more what
> wont budge and I'll see if I can remember

> Rich

Ok. Mine is a 63 beetle and it differs abit from the...
Forum: VW air cooled July 6th 06, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By zigford
Pedal cluster

Hey hey. I just recieved my "Heater channel replacement "Bug me
video". I am going to bring some vw's back to life.

The bug me video's show how to remove the pedal cluster for a US left
hand...
Forum: VW air cooled July 3rd 06, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By zigford
Engine lid

Howard Rose wrote:
> Why doesn't it fit?
>
> In the mid-'60s the latches changed...

Thanks Howard. Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding
the correct engine lid?

Cheers
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19