Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled June 28th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How can you read a crankshaft bearing?

Thanks Bill, just what I was looking for.

On Jun 27, 9:00 am, "Bill Spiliotopoulos" > wrote:
> It's 1.5 mm oversize, the third oversize. (sorry I thought I read 65.5 - 65
> =...
Forum: VW air cooled June 27th 07, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How can you read a crankshaft bearing?

Ok I came up with a better idea.
Rather than trying to measure the case surface, I measured the outer
diameter width of the bearings.

My stock bearings were 65mm in diameter.
The H bearing in...
Forum: VW air cooled June 27th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How can you read a crankshaft bearing?

Ok with a cheap digital caliper..

The measurement of the bearing surface on my stock case is 64.99mm

On the H case it is 66.47mm

Give or take a few tenths..

I measured on the case half, the...
Forum: VW air cooled June 27th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How can you read a crankshaft bearing?

I know not to ask random questions, without searching the group
first.. I've searched on here about crankshaft bearing sizes, and came
up blank.. I can't find anything.

I bought a 1500cc H case to...
Forum: VW air cooled June 27th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

On Jun 21, 7:13 pm, Jan > wrote:
> kirjoitti:
>
> > Another question.. will this 1791, get up and go?? Like alot of power
> > to really impress.. and then...
Forum: VW air cooled June 27th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

Thanks. I've never heard of it, yet again, I don't know much about
these engines obviously. Well my plans are on hold. I recieved the
stroker case and was going to use 90.5's. The seller didn't know,...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 07, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

Another question.. will this 1791, get up and go?? Like alot of power
to really impress.. and then maybe top out at 90mph? Or were you just
kidding. I am not into speed, I could care less to ever go...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

Thanks again Bob. I just read about 50% of your entire blog from 2006,
and 2007. (I don't see any other years) I couldn't find it. I did find
this formula for 4 cyl, bore(mm) X bore (mm) X stroke...
Forum: VW air cooled June 21st 07, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

Thanks Bob! I never thought of making a plug to center with. That is a
great idea.

Haha, the negativity... it's hard trying to learn how to build an
engine. I'd assume it just takes practice, and...
Forum: VW air cooled June 19th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
I'm back, with more senseless ramble on engine building!!

Ok.. I recently purchased a scat boring tool to try to accomplish my
task of making a 1914cc engine for my bug. I realize that all of my
other plans, or backyard DIY boring scemes without tools, was...
Forum: VW air cooled May 3rd 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Turbos, Please help. Blow threw turbo.

I have a 1600cc Engine.

I have interest in a Turbo.

My engine is supposed to do 60hp.

I have always wanted to add a turbo, at the thought that it may then
do 100+hp.

I have found some cheap blow...
Forum: VW air cooled February 22nd 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Engine Boring 94mm

Hello everyone. I got around to finding an old and cheap block ($23)
to try my tools on. I bored it for a 94mm Cylinder. I have a 94mm
cylinder for the measurements and to test the fit. Everything is...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
1914cc Fast Engine!

Jan?? You've reccomended an 041 head. I have searched for info on a
head with 42x37.5 valves. I can't find anything except one person say
the valves are too big? That they will lose port velocity and...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 06, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Whaty does Hoodride mean?

Sorry... I have seen several rat rods, etc.. that I have liked. I
didn't mean "ruined" so drastically like that.. That's not what I was
saying. I certainly am not a purist myself. I was meaning how...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 06, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
1914cc Fast Engine!

Update.. sold the Dune Buggy.. washed my hands of it. I did buy Lincoln
Gas Mig. I needed it anyways.

wrote:
> Ok more update.. I am not the new proud owner of a fiberglass...
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 06, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Whaty does Hoodride mean?

check out hoodride.com.

Commonly a lowered bug with narrowed front end, and that is RUSTY! Must
be stenciled with the Hoodride.com logo. Most rat rods are ruined and
chopped, and could not be...
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
'74 Std. Blue & New

Here's the thing.. You paid alot of money. Not saying it is not worth
it.. It can be worth much more easily. As he says anything without rust
is worth $2500. I agree. I paid $2800 for my rust free...
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 06, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
leaky gas line

Water main repairs?? You would seriously put a hose over the leak and
clamp it??? It takes less than a minute to properly solder a 20¢
coupling or glue on a fitting. The rubber hose and clamps would...
Forum: VW air cooled November 23rd 06, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
power coating

I had a cheap Powder Coating setup from Eastwood. Worked great. Got to
have a spare oven though.

Jeff Barnes wrote:
> Every body who reads mags has seen power coating kits for $200.Any luck
> using...
Forum: VW air cooled November 14th 06, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
VW Magazines

Do you have the VolksWorld???

Whoa!! I'd be interested.. I started HotVWs and Trends around 2001..
anything before would be great. Let me know if you got any for sale
cheap. I got paypal too......
Forum: VW air cooled November 14th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
VW Magazines

Whoa!! I'd be interested.. I started HotVWs and Trends around 2001..
anything before would be great. Let me know if you got any for sale
cheap. I got paypal too... Thanks.

Wolfgang wrote:
> I have...
Forum: VW air cooled November 9th 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
VW Magazines

Hot VW's
Volks World

etc..

Help-Slip-Franklin wrote:
> Are there any VW air-cooled mags out there? I've done a few net searches and
> turned up nothing. I'd really like to subscribe to something...
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
1914cc Fast Engine!

Ok more update.. I am not the new proud owner of a fiberglass dune
buggy. The state of NC requires it to be notarized.. we took the title
to the bank, had it notarized.. I went to the DMV, they said...
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 06, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
1914cc Fast Engine!

Sorry, I don't know where to get them new. I paid $175 off eBay(tm).
Someone bought it cheaper, and I emailed to buy it after they got done
using it for $175. Pretty good deal in my opinion. The...
Forum: VW air cooled November 4th 06, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
1914cc Fast Engine!

Ok an update.

I got the boring and flycutter tool. It fits the case and everything.

I also found a 1961 Fiberglass "Manx Similiar Looking" Dune Buggy.

It came with 2 1600cc DP Engines..

So now I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 80