Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Matt Ion[_1_]
Forum: Honda October 5th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
87 Accord

ben wrote:
> 1 week without an alarm and stereo was stolen. I'm getting an alarm
> again because I know this car will be stripped for parts eventually.

Heheh, I feel your frustration, but I don't...
Forum: Honda September 27th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
grr
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
grr

jim beam wrote:
> don't go to wheel works on franklin in san francisco people. not only
> are they incapable of using a torque wrench, they cross threads on your
> wheel lug nuts so badly, they...
Forum: Honda September 27th 06, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
Vibration in brakes

jim beam wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am a new member to this group, i need some advice on my 1992 EX honda
>> accord. The problem is when i brake the whole car...
Forum: Honda September 23rd 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
How much money to aim headlights on 87 Accord?

Werd.

loewent via CarKB.com wrote:
> couple bucks for a screwdriver
>
> ben wrote:
>
>>thanks.

Forum: Honda September 21st 06, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
transmission fluid

scott wrote:
> Matt Ion > wrote in
>

>>Elle wrote:
>>
>>>"Matt Ion" > wrote

Forum: Honda September 21st 06, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
transmission fluid

Earle Horton wrote:
> "Matt Ion" > wrote in message
>
>>Elle wrote:
>>
>>>"Matt Ion" > wrote

Forum: Honda September 20th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
Thumping Accord

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> Nasty wrote:
>
>>My 2000 Accord has a rythmic thumping that increases when with speed and
>>with turning, much worse on a right turn. Tires are good, tire pressure...
Forum: Honda September 20th 06, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
transmission fluid

Elle wrote:
> "Matt Ion" > wrote
>
>>jim beam wrote:
>>
>>>ricebike wrote:
>
> T wrote

Forum: Honda September 20th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
transmission fluid

jim beam wrote:
> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>> jim beam wrote:

Forum: Honda September 20th 06, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
transmission fluid

jim beam wrote:
> ricebike wrote:
>
>>> NO! Use Honda MTL. The 10W-30 sold now is nowhere what it was in the
>>> early
>>> '90s. Do not trust aftermarket solutions, no matter how good thay are
Forum: Honda September 12th 06, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
86 accord dx w/ carb

Glenn wrote:
> i have an 86 accord and am a rough time with it. the car seems to be
> maybe misfiring or something. when in gear the car idle low and feels
> like an old v8 and sputters. for example,...
Forum: Honda September 12th 06, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
86 accord failed smog... HELP/ADVICE

Aaron wrote:
> took it to get smoged from my annual 2 year check and it failed....
> the emission control systems all passed but the idle emission test
> didn't oh by the way this is for a california...
Forum: Honda September 8th 06, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 38
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
Influence of window opening vs. A/C use on fuel economy

Gordon McGrew wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:11:40 GMT, Matt Ion >
> wrote:
>

>>JXStern wrote:
>>

>>>However, the numbers are small enough, say 2%, that on a $50 tank...
Forum: Honda September 7th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

JXStern wrote:

> However, the numbers are small enough, say 2%, that on a $50 tank of
> gas we're talking $1.00. And you sure can't hear the radio with the
> windows open more than a crack at...
Forum: Honda September 7th 06, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

Spdloader wrote:
> Windows down messes up my wife's hair.
>
> A few miles per gallon is cheap for my peace of mind.
>
> Just my .02

Yeah, you have to factor in the cost of a trip to the...
Forum: Honda September 4th 06, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
1991 Honda Prelude

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>>Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>>
>>>One can remove #1 plug and crank the engine until the top of the
>>>compression cycle (Hold you finger in the hole...
Forum: Honda September 3rd 06, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
1991 Honda Prelude

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> One can remove #1 plug and crank the engine until the top of the
> compression cycle (Hold you finger in the hole and you'll know when it's
> there).
>
> At that point...
Forum: Honda August 27th 06, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
'84 Honda Accord LX. Interior lights won't go out after shuttingthe door.

wrote:
> FunkyKev wrote:
>
>>I still say remove and masssage the switch. I think I had a similar
>>problem in an 86. i had to take it apart and play with it...
Forum: Honda August 24th 06, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
My car idles realy badly. What could be the problem?

kam wrote:
> "Physics Boy Wonder" > wrote in
> :
>

>>I am trying to fix up an 86 Honda Accord DX that I just...
Forum: Honda August 23rd 06, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
'88 Civic starting problem

TeGGeR® wrote:
> hydro101 > wrote in
> :
>

>>Hey !
>>you guys are pretty good !
>>:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forum: Honda August 23rd 06, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
'88 Civic starting problem (SOLVED maybe)

Jim Yanik wrote:
> Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in
> :
>

>>Matt Ion wrote:

Forum: Honda August 22nd 06, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> Matt Ion > wrote in
>

>>Anyway... buddy just called, he got it going: new plugs and a fresh
>>battery and it...
Forum: Honda August 22nd 06, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Jim Yanik wrote:

> I put a set of Bosch Platinum-2 plugs in my 94 GSR at ~57,000mi,and it
> starts and runs fine.It's been about 2 months now.
> The old plugs looked OK.
>
> How can new spark...
Forum: Honda August 22nd 06, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By Matt Ion[_1_]
Silly unimportant question about oil

High Tech Misfit wrote:
> Timothy J. Lee wrote:
>

>>>It's Castrol GTX 5W-30, API spec. is SJ.
>>
>>Means it is a few years old. If you get a newer car, be sure that your
>>spare oil is up to...
Forum: Honda August 22nd 06, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> Matt Ion > wrote in
>

>>TeGGeR® wrote:

wrote...