Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy Pastuszak
Forum: Cichlids June 3rd 10, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Good fish to cycle and Angelfish tank

I have a tank in my living room that I want to eventually set up as an
Angelfish tank.

What's a good species of fish I can use to cycle the tank that will get
along with the angelfish when I am...
Forum: Cichlids June 3rd 10, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Hello?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 15:45:17 -0400, JK Coney wrote:

"Wm Hopkins" whopkins65 at mchsi.com wrote in message
I left awhile back due to the...
Forum: General November 21st 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fishless tank cycling

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:25:56 -0800, John Smith wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Won;t work RM........................Johnnie Smith the know it all did
not think of that.............its too...
Forum: General November 17th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fish Species

Aquarium Fish wrote:
If anybody is interested, I'm running a fish species website. That you can
use to choose what type of aquarium fish to keep.

Nice site. Not a fan of the black and white...
Forum: General November 17th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fishless tank cycling

John Smith wrote:

No one gives a **** what you use Johnnie Boi. Last I heard you put
your wifes panties in the tank to cycle it. Folks need to run right
out and buy a 80# bag of crap only you...
Forum: General November 17th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fishless tank cycling

John Smith wrote:

Nasty is in the persons mind. YOu into golden showers etc so be it,
but **** is a perfect source of ammonia and there is nothing ugly or
nasty about it. Were not talking...
Forum: General November 17th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fishless tank cycling

Tynk wrote:

If you go to something like a Wal-mart, look for the most generic
ammonia they sell. It's usually pure ammonia - no additives or scents.

That's what I did at the grocery store,...
Forum: General November 16th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Fishless tank cycling

Can anyone give me a source for ammonia so I can do some fishless tank
cycling? All the grocery stores near me have ammonia, but it has
surfactant in it.

Andy
Forum: General August 14th 08, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Swim bladder or something else?

Toe wrote:
I have a freshwater tank with four Australian Rainbowfish. Recently,
one of them has had trouble swimming. He can swim with the group, but
normally ends up retreating to a place...
Forum: General August 10th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Gourami help needed

Tom wrote:
Hello all,

I have a 30 gallon aquarium with a few fish, among which are two dwarf
gouramis...one blue and one red. I introduced them to the tank on
Tuesday or Wednesday of this...
Forum: General July 31st 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Welcome to rec.aquaria.*

expat wrote:
Do you really think that anyone gives a **** about FAQ's and other
crap pertaining to a public usenet group that is on the brink of
extinction, when there is so many web based...
Forum: Reefs July 31st 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
Replies: 3
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Welcome to rec.aquaria.*

expat wrote:
Do you really think that anyone gives a **** about FAQ's and other
crap pertaining to a public usenet group that is on the brink of
extinction, when there is so many web based...
Forum: Goldfish July 31st 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Welcome to rec.aquaria.*

expat wrote:
Do you really think that anyone gives a **** about FAQ's and other
crap pertaining to a public usenet group that is on the brink of
extinction, when there is so many web based...
Forum: Plants July 31st 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Welcome to rec.aquaria.*

expat wrote:
Do you really think that anyone gives a **** about FAQ's and other
crap pertaining to a public usenet group that is on the brink of
extinction, when there is so many web based...
Forum: General July 27th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
moving tank

wrote:
I'm having new carpet installed and need to move my 26 gal bow front
tank on a 28 inch high wood stand to another room. I'm thinking of
draining the tank down to about...
Forum: General July 27th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Where do leaks in glass fishtanks come from?

Chris Tsao wrote:

The seams you say?, so this means it can't leak from the bottom?? I

Sure it can leak from the bottom. There is a seam between the bottom of
the tank and the side walls. ...
Forum: General July 27th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Where do leaks in glass fishtanks come from?

Chris Tsao wrote:
Where do leaks in glass fishtanks come from? Is it only on the
corners? Can a leak spring from the very botton in say the middle
underneath the frame?

Any seam sealed by...
Forum: General July 21st 08, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
Ok, FAQ edits

I did some minor edits to the originaly FAQ piece I posted a few days
ago. Can someone read through this and tell me what you think. I would
also appreciate any links people can provide to web...
Forum: Plants July 21st 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
DIY aquatic fertilizer question

John Smith wrote:
Andy Pastuszak wrote:

Sadly, all these groups appear dead. Here's hoping we can bring some
life into them.

Andy

Well, what is the deal? Everyone...
Forum: General July 20th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
A repost of the first part of the FAQ

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:48:42 -0500, Reel McKoi wrote:

"Andy Pastuszak" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Everyone,

You...
Forum: Plants July 19th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
DIY aquatic fertilizer question

John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:
This URL contains a formula for making a "poor mans fertilizer" for
aquariums.

Forum: General July 12th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
rec.aquaria.freshwater access through Google Groups

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Andy Pastuszak" wrote in message
Yeah, I can't even see anything I posted in the last week...
Forum: General July 10th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
rec.aquaria.freshwater access through Google Groups

John Smith wrote:
Andy wrote:
I don't know how many people access newsgroups through Google Groups,
but it seems Google Groups neither gets updates, nor lets you post to
Forum: General July 10th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
My Fluval 304 is leaking!

Andy wrote:

Either way, the 300 is where I am staying. If anyone wants to buy a
used Fluval 304, let me know.

Andy

Found the leak. Debris caught in the quick disconnect valve. All is...
Forum: Plants July 10th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy Pastuszak
What happened to this group?

Richard Sexton wrote:
In article ,
R. & J. Willingham wrote:
Where is everyone?

I was in the back yard. What did you need?

Now THAT'S...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30