Showing results 1 to 25 of 92
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JRE
Forum: BMW May 22nd 09, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 28
Posted By JRE
front ABS brake caliper piston retract

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "JRE" > wrote in message
>> My '91 Accord now has over 210K miles. It also has original calipers and
>> wheel...
Forum: BMW May 22nd 09, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

wrote:
> On May 19, 3:32 pm, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
>> All you need do is use a C-clamp to push the pistons back inside the caliper
>> housing.

Forum: BMW January 24th 09, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By JRE
Can't get my car into gear

wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> can you someone please help me with a question i have regarding my
> 2002 BMW e46. I arrived at my car today, and after starting it, and
> trying to...
Forum: BMW November 15th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By JRE
2004 bmw 325xi: AM Radio Statics and Reception Problems

wrote:
> My 2004 325xi am radio had problems with AM radio statics and
> reception for many years. It was replaced twice already.( Now seating
> and waiting for 3rd replacement...
Forum: BMW October 7th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By JRE
E46 intermittent rear bulb failure

anoop wrote:
> On Oct 5, 7:16 pm, JRE > wrote:
>
>> There is a known problem with E46 rear light grounding. There's a kit
>> available from the dealer for about $30. If the...
Forum: BMW October 6th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

anoop wrote:
> The warning light indicating a failure of the rear bulb keepings
> coming on every now and then. This has been going on for a
> couple of months. The bulbs are all fine and all the...
Forum: BMW June 30th 08, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 38
Posted By JRE
Central locking problem / question

Good grief! Surely there is something BMW-related we can argue about
instead of further beating the old, tired, long-dead horse about whether
top- or bottom-posting is best for Usenet. The Real...
Forum: BMW June 10th 08, 10:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By JRE
E36 Bad Climate Control?

BobP wrote:

> Heck, it worked. Just popped out the controller, took it apart,
> scraped through the finish over the solder, resoldered the existing
> capacitor. Works like a charm so far.

Forum: BMW June 5th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 25
Posted By JRE
Used Z3

Yawn.

DCA wrote:
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> Nobody cares.
>>

>>> Ah - challenging (not moaning) top posting in line with ng charters
>>> is perfectly reasonable and I shall continue to do...
Forum: BMW April 30th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By JRE
Pedal problem

David Haggas wrote:
> My 02 E46 330 has a notchy action to the electronic accelerator pedal
> linkage making smooth starts difficult and driving unpleasant. The action is
> just the same with the...
Forum: BMW February 9th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By JRE
Right side high beam stuck on

ted wrote:
> About 2 months ago I had the right side xenon HID light replaced after it
> went bad.
>
> The replacement went well, but this week I noticed the right-side light is
> stuck
> in high...
Forum: VW water cooled December 29th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By JRE
1995 Jetta..Too cheap to pass up?

tmart wrote:
> I just found an ad in my local paper:
>
> 1995 Jetta, 5spd, New Clutch, Sunroof, 2.0L Engine, Good condition,
> some dings, broken timing belt, $800
>

> I'm curious if this is...
Forum: BMW December 6th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By JRE
2000 328i Power Window Problem

Jeff SBC wrote:
> Hi - I put my passenger rear window down today and heard a crunching noise.
> Needless to say it would not go back up. After removing the door panel it
> looks like the cable got...
Forum: VW water cooled December 4th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By JRE
Lead to Unleaded conversion advice needed

ukdodger via CarKB.com wrote:
> What do I have to do to convert my 1985 Passat to unleaded now that LRP is
> finally disappearing from all but a few outlets in the UK? Any and all advice
> would be...
Forum: BMW October 17th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By JRE
E46 pedal linkage

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> David Haggas > wrote:
>> My E46 330 accelerator pedal linkage seems in need of lubrication making it
>> difficult for smooth starts with the auto...
Forum: BMW October 10th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By JRE
Run flats with sport package, mandatory?

kpb wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying an 04 330 or 325 coupe both with sport package.
>
> Do you have to use run flats with the sport package? Due to the low
> profile? I've heard mostly bad things...
Forum: BMW September 21st 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By JRE
E46 locking/alarm

Jeff Strickland wrote:
<snip>
>> On my UK '98 E39, the tilt, and interior movement sensor can be
>> disabled by pressing the remote locking button twice, or repeating the
>> locking procedure with...
Forum: BMW September 21st 07, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By JRE
E46 locking/alarm

Mike G wrote:

> On my UK '98 E39, the tilt, and interior movement sensor can be disabled
> by pressing the remote locking button twice, or repeating the locking
> procedure with the key.
> Is...
Forum: VW water cooled August 20th 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By JRE
where can I buy crimp tool?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> I'm looking for a crimp tool that will do factory-style crimps on the
> little electrical connectors used on European cars, the ones with two
> tabs that fold over and crimp...
Forum: VW water cooled July 5th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 45
Posted By JRE
Damaged SOMETHING with backfiring ...

JRE wrote:
> While I've no experience with this particular engine, I doubt that's the
> correct firing order. Every 4 I've ever worked on has been 1-3-4-2. But
> by all means, look it up rather...
Forum: VW water cooled July 5th 07, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 45
Posted By JRE
Damaged SOMETHING with backfiring ...

While I've no experience with this particular engine, I doubt that's the
correct firing order. Every 4 I've ever worked on has been 1-3-4-2.
But by all means, look it up rather than relying on...
Forum: VW water cooled July 2nd 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By JRE
'00 VW Jetta 2.0 Oil change question

genius wrote:
> On Jul 2, 3:51 pm, Brian Running > wrote:
>>> I am new to this group and helped a friend change their oil in a 2000
>>> Jetta with 2.0l 4cyl, auto trans. I...
Forum: BMW July 1st 07, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 12
Posted By JRE
2002 525i, wheel is very hard to take off...why?

wrote:
<snip>
> Thank you all! You were correct in that the problem was corrosion. I
> didn't have wd40, but I sprayed water and mild soap (i had a bottle
> from when I was...
Forum: BMW June 19th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 60
Posted By JRE
Stupid design decisions

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
<snip>

> There's no money to be made selling low spec cars at a low price - they're
> not cornflakes. The trick is to command a high price because it's
Forum: BMW June 15th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 50
Posted By JRE
Need good input on tires

Pete wrote:
> "Tom K." wrote
>
>> You don't say which Continental tires you have on your 323. Are they
>> performance or so-called "all-season" or touring tires? It can make a big
Showing results 1 to 25 of 92