Showing results 1 to 25 of 136
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave
Forum: Corvette November 2nd 07, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 26
Posted By dave
Help justifying a vette

'I need some good reasons why this would be a good idea. I can't really
use the "investment" argument. I just sold a Harley I owned for 7 years,
and I used the "investment" angle with it. While the...
Forum: Corvette October 27th 07, 12:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By dave
window tinting

'It is asking for a cop to be against you from the start. Since he can't
see in, he immediately assumes the worse as he approaches, so you can
usually kiss any leniency in a ticket goodbye.
The best...
Forum: Corvette September 1st 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By dave
Fun to drive car

'I remember a co-worker telling me he had an older Corvette with a big
block engine and that it ran hot enough that you could feel it on your
feet. I guess he wasn't kidding? '

REPLY: It is true...
Forum: Corvette August 13th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By dave
corvette in Rush Hour 1 and 3

If its that black corvette the guy drives, it looks to be an early C3 ;
(1968,69,70,or 71 would be my guess but id have to see the back of it to
narrow it down). As to which is the 'most popular'...
Forum: Corvette August 13th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 18
Posted By dave
Ping : Butcher

'thanks Dave for the website I checked there found a few fan switches
but I think I'll see how it does I'm getting tired of working on
it,hehe. If it stays below about 205F during the hottest time of...
Forum: Corvette August 4th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 59
Posted By dave
Thinking of upgrading to C5- - - hi-jacked thread

'I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic
but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by
James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all...
Forum: Corvette August 4th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 19
Posted By dave
How to sell a classic

'Please understand that I do not want to misuse this group to sell
something.
However, I have lived somewhat in a closet and now I find myself in the
position that I want to sell my 67, frame-off...
Forum: Corvette July 29th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 59
Posted By dave
Thinking of upgrading to C5

'I would love a c6 but I'm too pricey for me. '

REPLY: If youre looking at 2002 or newer C5's, then youre not too far
away from a used C6 (2005) that has the basic 1LT package .
Forum: Corvette July 27th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 59
Posted By dave
Thinking of upgrading to C5

If you give Consumer Reports any credence, they list the 1997 and 2000
models , in particular, as not very good. 2002 had very high scores as
did 2004 if I remember correctly. If a used 2005 C6...
Forum: Corvette July 26th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By dave
Who says that Corvette is the most iconic American Sportscar?

And , P.S.

Can u tell me any other car (in the world) that has a dedicated
National Museum with specialized events for particular owners of their
car and broken down to their specific type ,...
Forum: Corvette July 25th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By dave
Corvette Z06 Performance Stats for Sal

'C/D TEST RESULTS
************ACCELERATION: Seconds
************Zero to 30 mph: 1.6
*******40 mph: 2.2
*******50 mph: 2.8
*******60 mph: 3.6
*******70 mph: 4.5
*******80 mph: 5.5
*******90 mph:...
Forum: Corvette July 25th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By dave
Who says that Corvette is the most iconic American Sportscar?

The Corvette revolutionized the automotive industry in 1953 , and still
does today. It has stood the test of time thru bad economic periods in
our country, it is responsible for very powerful V8...
Forum: Corvette July 19th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By dave
1969 vette motor

I dont think a 350 Vette Motor was introduced until 1970 . What is the
stamping on the block ?
Forum: Corvette July 19th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By dave
Car Air Conditioning

Selling disposable cans of refrigerant to the public is not only very
dangerous to them, but, they do not have the expertise on how to
properly charge a cars a/c system. You dont just 'fill er up'...
Forum: Corvette June 29th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By dave
Has anyone had thier carbureated Vette Dyno-Tuned ?

Mine is in the Tuners today for a Dyno Tune ; just wondering how far
off your air/fuel mixture was , before and after hp/tq , etc... ?

Thanks, Dave.
Forum: Corvette June 28th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By dave
car quits FIXED!!!!!!

'It runs good,better gas milege,and I can drive anytime with out having
to worry about it quitting....Diane'

REPLY: Well, how are you going to get cooled off when its hot outside
??? You better...
Forum: Corvette June 24th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By dave
A/C problem

Belt on compressor could be slipping at idle then tightens when the
engine rpms pick up.
Forum: Corvette June 20th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 21
Posted By dave
Which is faster , '97 corvette 5.7 345 hp, or '01 Grand PrixG...

'Whats your opinion ? Thanks for your thought's.
'97 Corvette 5.7 345 hp ( all the goodie's ) vr's the '01 Grand Prix GTP
3.8 Supercharger (also all the goodie's )'

REPLY: The corvette is likely...
Forum: Corvette June 20th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 21
Posted By dave
Watch out for CARMAX

'I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which
time I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed.'

REPLY: The way i would have handled the purchase of...
Forum: Corvette June 18th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By dave
Do matching numbers matter?

';The exception is if you go full hog with a Pro Street type build where
you drop $100,000 into the car. In that case, it will be worth more than
the original usually, but at what cost? Often while...
Forum: Corvette June 13th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By dave
Please HELP hard to shift when car is cold

'Please HELP hard to shift when car is cold I have a 2000 Eclipse GT'

REPLY: Was this a special edition Corvette that came out ?? :)
Forum: Corvette May 3rd 07, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 41
Posted By dave
my first car

High school mourns for its two seniors killed in Dix Hills crash
(involving a high performance car) ---

Address:http://www.topix.net/forum/source/newsday/T3QOM6I5S5L8QMOGS
Forum: Corvette May 2nd 07, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 41
Posted By dave
my first car

'I'm sixteen and looking for my first car, I've seen local ads for a '74
and a '79 corvettes priced at $5100 and $5800. In the ad for the 74 is
says it needs brakes, a rear bumper, and has splits...
Forum: Corvette April 10th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 19
Posted By dave
Modifying a Corvette from a Coupe to a Vert

By the way, im able to click on the link that i posted and it took me
right to the vette under the semi.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 136