Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 1.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cameron
Forum: Ford Mustang August 29th 06, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 0
Posted By Cameron
Rear Coil Spring Installation

Yo! As you may have read before my 88 5.0 has cut springs all around, yuck.
I bought a set of stock springs to slap in there. I have been reading up
online and have also read in my worthless...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 20th 06, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
What to set timing to with b303 cam?

Lol, yeah I don't care about the emissions either but I need to know which
is better. I'm going to bump it back up to 14 for now but in a year
emissions time will come again and I'm wondering...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 20th 06, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
What to set timing to with b303 cam?

Hey all! In my efforts to pass Tn emissions I set the timing on my mustang
from 14-15 back to the stock 10. The '88 msutang has a b303 cam in it and
1.5inch headers. I got to thinking about it,...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
Taking sideview mirror apart?

I won a set of two side mirrors off a 1990 lx hatchback for $20 on ebay.
Not sure if the housing is identical or not, but surely the motor is the
same.

"Cameron" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 06, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
Taking sideview mirror apart?

I didnt break the glass, it was jsut glued on. Hoepfully I can pick up a
cheap set of 87-93 mustang side mirrors on ebay and the motors will be the
same.

"Kate" >...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 06, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
Taking sideview mirror apart?

I ended up ripping the mirror from the plastic and then there were some
screws underneath. I wonder where to pick up a side mirror motor cheap :-)

"Cameron" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 12th 06, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By Cameron
Taking sideview mirror apart?

I've got the entire housing off of the 88 mustang but I cant tell how to get
the mirro off to get to the motor. I see a screw back inbehind the mirror
but no way to get to it.

Any ideas?
Forum: Ford Mustang August 10th 06, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Cameron
PASSED Emissions!

I'm in the land of Nashville.

"Kate" > wrote in message
> Good to hear that you passed kid!
>
> What part of TN are...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 10th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Cameron
PASSED Emissions!

Yeah spark plug wires is what I meant. I dont see my other post so I guess
I'll post it again. They were so close to the headers because the stang has
1.5inch headers on it. I'm not sure what...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 9th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Cameron
PASSED Emissions!

I also lowered the timing from 14 back to the stock 10.

"Cameron" > wrote in message
> Lol, I finally passed my emissions this morning:
Forum: Ford Mustang August 9th 06, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Cameron
PASSED Emissions!

Lol, I finally passed my emissions this morning:
After O2 sensors and CTS I had:
HC 239 allowed 220
CO 0.09 allowed 1.20

After cleaning k&n filter, MAF, TB, IAC, new plugs, wires (kind of), new PCV...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 8th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Cameron
Cheap "tuneup" things to help with emissions?

I cleaned the MAF, K&N filter, throttle body, IAC, and changed the plugs
last night. Broke 2 wires so I guess I'll pick up a set of new wires today.
Still have to fill it up with oil from my oil...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Cameron
Cheap "tuneup" things to help with emissions?

One of the things I've read is to check or replace the PCV valve. I see in
my Haynes manual where it says it is, but I dont really see anything in that
spot that could be it. Can anyone see it in...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 06, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Cameron
Cheap "tuneup" things to help with emissions?

Hey all! I am so close to passing my emissions I think all I need now is a
regular tune up.

I'm looking for very cheap things I can do that I have left out of my tune
up list:
oil change
spark...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 06, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

Called the county clerk and they said the $200 rule applied to all emissions
counties in Tennessee except Davidson.

Guess that tune up comes sooner than laterm since I cant get a tag until I...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 06, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

Where exatcly is the MAP sensor tubing?

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> "Cameron" > wrote:
>
>> Hey all! My 88...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 5th 06, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

OMG is all I have to say. Took the car down to get it tested again:
HC 239 allowed 220 FAIL
CO 0.09 allowed 1.20

What a rip. However I have found some interesting information on the
Tennessee DMV...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 5th 06, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

I took my MAF out and checked it and it was clean enough to eat off of as
far as I could tell.

I changed out my o2 sensors ($40 each) with Bosch ones from Autozone and I
changed out my Coolant...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 5th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 28
Posted By Cameron
88 5.0 failed emmisions.

:-) that lists about a billion things

"JohnV@nn" > wrote in message
> Pinched this from a usenet post, may be...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 28
Posted By Cameron
88 5.0 failed emmisions.

The previous owner had a H-pipe under there for around the last 15 years.
He had kept the cats and the o2 sensors all of this time. We put all that
back up under the car. So maybe the cats are...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

Oh I should have also noted that the previous owner of the car (for 15
years) had a H-pipe on their, but he had kept the o2 sensors and cats since
1991. We put them back up under the vehicle so...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

I looked up pricing of $40 a o2 sensor at autozone and $24 for the coolant
sensor. I went by the ford dealer and it was $94 for the o2 and $45 for the
coolant. The ford guy recomended I buy their...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

I should have mentioned that I found these two descriptions:

UNDER HOOD, CENTER, UPPER ENGINE AREA, PASSENGER SIDE OF DISTRIBUTOR, REAR
OF WATER OUTLET, MOUNTED IN INTAKE MANIFOLD

Remove...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 24
Posted By Cameron
Cooland Temperature Sensor location?

Hey all! My 88 mustang post was getting really log so I'm starting a new
one.

The mechanic said that both my o2 sensors are out and my coolant temperature
sensor. He wants $388 to fix them (plus...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 4th 06, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 28
Posted By Cameron
88 5.0 failed emmisions.

Failed. Today I drove it for about 30 minutes after unhooking the battery
for 30 minutes. I also filled up a new tank of gas after the tank with the
"Guaranteed not to pass" was almost...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43