Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 1.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan[_1_]
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
leaky gas line

wrote:
>>--------------------------------
>>Beer is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on yeast cells
>>and then defecating.
>>In other words, it's a nice tall...
Forum: VW air cooled December 21st 06, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
leaky gas line

wrote:
> Water main repairs?? You would seriously put a hose over the leak and
> clamp it??? It takes less than a minute to properly solder a 20¢
> coupling or glue on a...
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 06, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan[_1_]
recommended fuel?

bug '59 wrote:
> "Wolfgang" > schreef in bericht
>
>>You can buy an additive to added to unleaded fuel to help it...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 06, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Jan[_1_]
new and sayin hi

bug '59 wrote:
> "Joey Tribiani" > schreef in bericht
>
>>"bug '59" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Jan[_1_]
new and sayin hi

bug '59 wrote:
> "Joey Tribiani" > schreef in bericht
>
>>"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 39
Posted By Jan[_1_]
new and sayin hi

Flea wrote:
> just joined up on the newsgroup so sayin hi
>
> got a 1970 beetle that i am starting to work on in the near future ..
> likely will end up with a lot of questions .. hehe

Hi Flea,...
Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Cracked Head Symptoms

187 wrote:
> so are spark plugs getting loose a symptom of a cracked head?

They often go hand in hand, but it is not the only cause.

Another common reason for plugs coming out is stripped...
Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Cracked Head Symptoms

BobHoover wrote:

> To return to your original question, the most characteristic sound of a
> cracked head is the jingle of a cash register :-)
>
> -Bob Hoover

Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Cracked Head Symptoms

Mel P. wrote:
> Besides using a compression test or disassembling the engine, what would and
> engine sound like or do if a head was cracked?
>
> tia,

Small cracks go unnoticed for years,...
Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 06, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Damn, some of you guys are STILL here!?

JOHN!!!!!!

Long time no see!

:D
Forum: VW air cooled December 4th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Two Questions...

Speedy Jim wrote:
> tricky wrote:
>
>> "Jan" > wrote in message
>> (and about to burn out if you keep using them,
>>
>>> as they...
Forum: VW air cooled December 1st 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Two Questions...

Cujo3131 wrote:
> Hey gang....
>
> First off, I have two questions... one simple... one a lil more
> lengthy....
>
> #1 On my 69 Beetle Baja, I notice that I have "defroster" lines on the
> rear...
Forum: VW air cooled November 23rd 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Happy Thanksgiving

n5hsr wrote:
> May your turkey be warm and moist, and your mashed potatoes fluffy and
> tasty.
>
> May your fweem always have the right note. . . .

Forum: VW air cooled November 23rd 06, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 65
Posted By Jan[_1_]
all i hear is crickets!

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Jan" > wrote in message
>
>>Joey Tribiani kirjoitti:
>>
>>>awful quiet here.....so...what have you folks...
Forum: VW air cooled November 17th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Jan[_1_]
install turbo

You mean you think you're a couple years more mature than I am?
Sheesh.

;)
Jan

anton wrote:
> I guess my communication skills are at the
> level of 5 year old compared to Jan.
Forum: VW air cooled November 11th 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 24
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Old computer program "VW Mechanic"

Olli Lammi wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Olli Lammi escreveu:

Forum: VW air cooled November 11th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Jan[_1_]
One Piece Windows? Information?

Me three.

Mine were just as described in my 74, and all I
ve seen on other people's cars were the same. NOT WORTH IT.

If these are just nuisances you think you can live with, consider...
Forum: VW air cooled November 10th 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Idle jet on a 31pict/4

Paul Williams wrote:
> Tried getting a picture to you directly to the group and by emailing you to
> no avail. go to www. le.ac.uk/eg/pdw/carb/carb.htm and there will be a
> picture of the 1302 carb...
Forum: VW air cooled November 9th 06, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Idle jet on a 31pict/4

Speedy Jim wrote:
> bug '59 wrote:
>
>> > schreef in bericht
>>
>> bug '59 escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi Ramva,

Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Jan wrote:
> >

>> Find any computer anywhere that has a 5 1/4 drive and is connected to
>> the internet somehow. Then zip the contents of the floppy and email it
>> to...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 06, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Howard Rose wrote:
> On 10 Oct 2006 22:37:20 -0700, "SeventyOneBug" >
> wrote:
>

>>Now I just need to figure out how to get the files off the floppy!
>>(It's a 5 1/4") :)

Forum: VW air cooled October 9th 06, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Auto don't engage so well

Speedy Jim wrote:
> scream wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I'll try the adjustment.
>> There is heaps of oil in the tranny. Previously overfilled so I guess I
>> should drain that.
>> Thanks
>>

> Ah. ...
Forum: VW air cooled September 22nd 06, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_1_]
'74 Super - shifting problems

I'm happy to hear that, congrats!

jan

Nellis wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Thanks for the excellent information. I easily swapped out the shifter
> coupler and
Forum: VW air cooled September 22nd 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan[_1_]
This cant be good...

That's amazing! Good to know what salt water can do..

Jan

dragenwagen wrote:
> I was inspecting and cleaning the '66 yesterday and I saw something
> underneath the rear that shouldn't be there. ...
Forum: VW air cooled September 19th 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan[_1_]
how many miles

drunknmunky wrote:
> how many miles should i get out of a full tank of fuel in my h reg golf 1.8
> auto. at presant am gettin, not a lot, about 260. it is 16 years old but only
> done 85k. it has...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63