Showing results 1 to 25 of 159
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff DeWitt
Forum: Jeep August 26th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 178
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Kill File

Won't work, he's a website to read newsgroups, not a newsreader.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Switch to: Outlook Express select "Tools", then "Message Rules", then
> "Blocked...
Forum: Jeep August 25th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 178
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Kill File

Sorry, I just looked at that website and don't see any way to kill file
someone, doesn't look like you can do it with Google groups either.

For it to work you have to use an ISP that has newsgroup...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 17
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Jeep Wrangler High Idle Problem

97tjMike wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> I have a 97 TJ and 95% of the time it idles perfectly. However, about
> 5% of the time, usually when the vehicle has been run for more than 20
> minutes or so,...
Forum: Jeep August 12th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.usenet.kooks
Replies: 77
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
I wish some of you damn people would grow up! <OT>

Some people get all bent out of shape if you top post, some get all bent
out of shape if you bottom posts.... deal with it, it's not worth
getting bent out of shape over.

If a thread really gets...
Forum: Jeep August 11th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.usenet.kooks
Replies: 77
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
I wish some of you damn people would grow up! <OT>

I've been using Usenet newsgroups for well over 10 years, I know how
they work. When they work like they are supposed to it's a kind of
cheerful anarchy. People got off topic, sometimes they get...
Forum: Jeep August 10th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
"My 1983 CJ 8 (scrambler) wont start" thread has topped 560 andcounting !!! A new record?

Bodhi Bhagg wrote:

> And it ain't over 'til the Fat Man stops singing.

Unfortunately most of the posts were garbage.

Did you get it started yet?

Jeff DeWitt
Forum: Jeep August 10th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
effect of brake fluid on pads

There is an old trick in dealing with shoes that have been soaked in
brake fluid, and that is to burn it off. I was taught this trick in an
auto mechanics class more years ago than I care to think...
Forum: Jeep August 9th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.usenet.kooks

§ñühw¤£f wrote:
> Jeff DeWitt > pinched out a steaming pile
> >:
>
>> And you know who you are, your stupid flame wars are drowning...
Forum: Jeep August 9th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
I wish some of you damn people would grow up! <OT>

And you know who you are, your stupid flame wars are drowning out the
good stuff in this newsgroup. Any newbie coming along is going to take
one look at your trash and move on.

Jeff DeWitt
Forum: Jeep August 9th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 77
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
I wish some of you damn people would grow up! <OT>

And you know who you are, your stupid flame wars are drowning out the
good stuff in this newsgroup. Any newbie coming along is going to take
one look at your trash and move on.

Jeff DeWitt
Forum: General August 9th 07, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 61
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Smart people buy Priuses

Michael Pardee wrote:
> "Jeff DeWitt" > wrote in message
>> Marc Gerges wrote:
>>> In alt.autos.toyota.prius Jeff DeWitt...
Forum: General August 9th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 61
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Smart people buy Priuses

Marc Gerges wrote:
> In alt.autos.toyota.prius Jeff DeWitt > wrote:
>> And of course you do realize there is a form of hybrid technology that
>> has been performing a vital roll...
Forum: Jeep August 8th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 73
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
{{ OT }} Computerj (PC) Troubles with PCI Buss

Earle Horton wrote:
> "Jeff DeWitt" > wrote in message
>> To be really sure you have it back to default take the button...
Forum: Jeep August 8th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> [...]
Forum: Jeep August 8th 07, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Jeff DeWitt" > wrote in message
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>>
>>> "Earle Horton"...
Forum: Jeep August 8th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
>> Jeff, power supplies are real cheap, I think you said that...
Forum: General August 8th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 61
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Smart people buy Priuses

Michael Pardee wrote:
> "Jeff DeWitt" > wrote in message
>> I think the current hybrid technology is very much a transitional...
Forum: Jeep August 6th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Good news from the DCH split!

Lon wrote:

> I suspect they would only celebrate the return of Plymouth with the
> "Satan's Sleigh" model.
>
> Or capitalize on recent events and introduce a new "Tulsa Time Capsule"
Forum: Jeep August 5th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Good news from the DCH split!

Earle Horton wrote:
> I don't get it. The "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" is only good for the
> original purchaser. Who that buys new cars keeps one for more than maybe
> five years? (Yeah, I do,...
Forum: Jeep August 5th 07, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Good news from the DCH split!

See if you notice a nice touch on this website that is sure to annoy the
Germans!

http://www.chryslerllc.com/

Jeff DeWitt
Forum: Jeep July 31st 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Building a 'new' CJ7

RapidRonnie wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:06 pm, "DougW" > wrote:
>> RapidRonnie wrote:
Forum: Jeep July 31st 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Building a 'new' CJ7

c wrote:
> Jeff DeWitt wrote:
>> Steve Foley wrote:
>>> I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building
>>> 'new' 1969 Camaros (Unique Performance). They're getting $125,000 for...
Forum: Jeep July 30th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Building a 'new' CJ7

Steve Foley wrote:
> I saw on the Discovery Channel a company out of California building 'new'
> 1969 Camaros (Unique Performance). They're getting $125,000 for them. They
> start with a junk from...
Forum: Driving July 29th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Replies: 33
Posted By Jeff DeWitt
Was pursuit suspect at root of Phoenix Helicopter Collision anILLEGAL ALIEN?