Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arif Khokar[_1_]
Forum: Driving January 11th 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 54
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
LA doctor gets 5 years in prison for road rage against cyclists

On Jan 11, 8:58*am, Jim Yanik > wrote:
> [...]

Forum: Driving January 8th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 29
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
Why you should *always* clear snow off your vehicle before driving

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/01/08/winter.weather.key.west/index.html

> A driver in Aurora, Illinois, thought he was going to die when a huge
> chunk of ice slammed into his windshield,...
Forum: Driving November 6th 09, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 33
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
Want a speed camera, create a school zone.

On Nov 5, 10:13*am, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:

> > The state itself hasn't provided any proof. *

> The state isn't installing the cameras it is the local government...
Forum: Driving November 5th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 4, 8:33*pm, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> "Dave C." wrote:

> > It's not a secondary side-effect. *Stealing money from innocent
> > motorists is the primary goal.

> That is your...
Forum: Driving November 5th 09, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Nov 4, 8:38*pm, jim <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net> wrote:
> Brent wrote:

> > Because of the lack of due process in traffic camera tickets, obeying
> > the law is not really much protection. At times...
Forum: Chrysler October 6th 09, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 54
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
GM kills Saturn after Penske ends deal. Obama Motors announces"Yugo" rebirth.

On Oct 6, 5:45*pm, Brent > wrote:
> On 2009-10-06, Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:

> > You failed to give a real example of a 'victimless'...
Forum: Driving December 31st 08, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
How my LLB uncle learned an important lesson

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:

> > I was pulled over 4 times in one year when I had the selective yellow
> > bulbs in my vehicle. This was despite the fact that they weren't
> > illegal in...
Forum: Driving December 29th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott in SoCal wrote:

> I always wondered how you manage to get pulled over more times in a
> single year than I have in my entire life. I guess driving around
> giving cops the stink-eye is...
Forum: Driving May 1st 07, 05:52 AM Posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,can.legal,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 512
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
My DUI Charges Dropped! A Great Argument

Kent Wills wrote:
> As I understand it, on Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:39:25 GMT, Arif Khokar

Forum: Driving October 5th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 128
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
The case for speed cameras destroyed in a flash

[alt.lawyers removed]

Conor wrote:
> In article >, Arif Khokar says...
> > Eeyore wrote:

Forum: Driving September 11th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
Automotive forums posters (was Left foot braking)

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Arif Khokar > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >FYI, none of the posts we make on a thread started in
> >http://www.automotiveforums.com ever propogate...
Forum: Driving September 8th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
They're MFFYs *Off* the Road, Too

Larry Bud wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:
> > Larry Bud wrote:

> > > I agree on this one. Seems to me the woman was a sloth and Scott was
> > > the MFFY.

> > Who did Scott inconvenience?

> MFFYers...
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6

morticide wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:

> > One thing that would really speed up lines is if stores would stop
> > accepting personal checks as a form of payment.

> Or at least the purchaser has the...
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

C. E. White wrote:
> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote:

> > What should IMMEDIATELY happen is the cashier should void the sale and
> > immediately begin ringing up the next person in...
Forum: Driving September 6th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
This guy has the right idea

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060810/NEWS10/608100372/1001/NEWS

A story about the Iowa DOT vs. a Corvair owner with plates that say F
NADER.
Forum: Driving September 6th 06, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
How to change gears correctly?

Tim Walters wrote:
> Can someone explain the correct way to change gears with a manual shift?
> That is, what is the precise sequence of foot movements for efficient
> gear-changing with minimal wear...
Forum: Driving September 5th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 30
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
MFFY or MIFY?

Bill Funk wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2006 14:33:35 -0700, "Arif Khokar"
> > wrote:

> >I believe that bike lanes should serve as right-turn lanes. This will
> >address the problem...
Forum: Driving September 4th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 30
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
MFFY or MIFY?

Bill Funk wrote:

[using the bike lane for right turns]
> It's also not too smart to use such a "lane" for right turns, because
> there's no guarantee that the other car in that lane won't make a
Forum: Driving September 1st 06, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
got speeding ticket in VA(I live in CA)

> I got a speeding ticket going 88 at a 65 zone. I called the court,
> they said I just have to pay the fine and not have to appear in court.

In VA, you must go to court if your citation is for a...
Forum: Driving August 30th 06, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 110
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
HA! Ohio cop ticketed for below his own ticketing threshold.

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> Arif Khokar > wrote:

> >Even today, I had the same thing happen to me when I...
Forum: Driving August 29th 06, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> Arif Khokar > wrote:

> >They're making unsafe passes by passing closer to me...
Forum: Driving August 29th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By Arif Khokar[_1_]
ID(i)OT appeasing Maryville by setting lower than justified speed limit on IL 159

Sir Ray wrote:

> Ugh! I'm tired of wasting my time scanning these Laura Bush Murder/Aunt
> Judy and now Speeders/Drunk Drivers troll posts in otherwise
> interesting threads; however, I am uncertain...
Forum: Driving August 29th 06, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> Arif Khokar > wrote in
> :
> > N8N wrote:

> >> Driving the speed limit in the right lane is still unsafe and stressful
Forum: Driving August 29th 06, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> Arif Khokar wrote:
> > wrote:

Forum: Driving August 29th 06, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

brink wrote:

> I will say that I respect the rights of locals to set their own local speed
> limits to maintain what they feel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52