Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Von
Forum: Corvette November 18th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Von
'87 'vette - Where the heck are the coolant drain plugs in theblock?

On Nov 14, 5:38*pm, "Chuck Tribolet" > wrote:
> I've got an '87 'vette - Where the heck are the coolant drain plugs in the block?
> I spent 20 minutes under the car looking today...
Forum: Corvette January 27th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Von
Drowning In LA

On Jan 24, 7:23*pm, Sacre Bleu >
wrote:
> '92 Roadster
>
> Anyone have the joy of experiencing the flooded tool compartment
> behind the passenger????
>
> We've had a...
Forum: Corvette December 28th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Von
shims in points type distributor 1970 350 c.i.

On Dec 28, 8:43*am, Von > wrote:
> On Dec 28, 6:39*am, George > wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what shims should be used above the gear drive on my
Forum: Corvette December 28th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Dec 28, 6:39*am, George > wrote:
> Does anyone know what shims should be used above the gear drive on my
> distributor shaft? *I am having a lot of peculiar problems with
Forum: Corvette April 10th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By Von
1992 Corvette Runs Rough and Loss of Power over 3000 RPM

I am in Las Vegas and they have a Bill Heard here too. Give me the
number of Corvettes of Houston and I will see what he has to say.
Forum: Corvette April 9th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By Von
1992 Corvette Runs Rough and Loss of Power over 3000 RPM

I am going to pull the converters and physically inspect them. But,
before I do I will perform the backpressure test.
Forum: Corvette April 9th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By Von
1992 Corvette Runs Rough and Loss of Power over 3000 RPM

I have flowmasters and the airflow seems fine with the stock
converters (there are two)... The high resolution on the opti-spark
checks out with the Snap-On scantool. Thanks for the insight on...
Forum: Corvette April 8th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By Von
1992 Corvette Runs Rough and Loss of Power over 3000 RPM

Changed the fuel pump and filter and checked the pressure and it was
within norms with and without vacuum.

Checked the converters and they are free and open.

The O2 readings were right on...
Forum: Corvette April 7th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 25
Posted By Von
1992 Corvette Runs Rough and Loss of Power over 3000 RPM

All,

I have a 1992 Corvette Vin P 350 automatic and it has me stumped.
Nothing has changed on the way it runs and I have replaced the
following. New Opti Spark (TWICE) new GM Unit. New Coil, New...
Forum: Corvette January 12th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By Von
1992 corvette right headlight problem

I have a 1992 corvette with a strange problem with the right headlight
going out intermittently. I changed the bulb and it is still doing it.
I have the factory manuals and it states there are no...
Forum: Corvette October 7th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Von
digital dash losing memory

The cluster has a battery that has died and it needs to be replaced. I
cannot remember. But, you take the cluster out and take it a part and
remove the battery and replace. You will need to go to...
Forum: Corvette September 13th 06, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Von
C4 Hatch release problem

Randy,

I assume that it does this regardless of the switch pressed. There was
a problem with the window gasket sticking and if you use armor all on
the gasket it would free things up. Second, the...
Forum: Corvette September 13th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Von
96 LT1 Starter Replacement

If there is a sadist that will do your starter for $65 bucks I would
jump on it and take pictures while he does the work.
Scubabix wrote:
> I need to replace the starter on my 96. I have a Haynes...
Forum: Corvette September 3rd 06, 06:03 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Von
power steering cylinder

Woody,

This is a problem I have seen with several power settring pumps on
general motors cars. You have fluid and the pump locked up and the
shaft snaped off. Drive the shaft out of the pulley and...
Forum: Corvette September 3rd 06, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Von
1989 cooling fan

Change the fan relays. These are the two up by the radiator case on
the drivers side.
joevett wrote:
> I have the opposite problem on my '86. The cooling fan is "always" on.
> I turn the key and...
Forum: Corvette September 3rd 06, 05:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Von
Non GM Brakes for C5

The other poster is correct. You have shoes for the parking brake and
I am sure the aftermarket for these are slim. Also, they probably just
need to be adjusted. Now, if you use the parking brake...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16