Showing results 1 to 25 of 238
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BRUCE HASKIN
Forum: Mazda February 24th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Old Timer's and Maintenance

I drove the Vega for 11 years and it was going fine when I sold it. I
put 100 miles a day on it going to work and back. The miles add up fast
just doing that. I have 75,000 on my '03 Miata and I...
Forum: Mazda February 24th 09, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Old Timer's and Maintenance

Yep, That was the rebuild on them. On most of the Vegas, the body rusted
out befor any thing else went away.

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda February 24th 09, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Locating NB fuel pump relay

Douglas,

My 2003 shop manual calls it out as :

".......( 6 pin type connector: 4 terminal ) located above the
accelerator pedal ..."

Now where are you located ? UK ? Right hand drive ( USA ) or...
Forum: Mazda February 24th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Locating NB Fuel Pump Relay.

No Pat, I just had my hip replaced and I can't get under there for now.
Sorry. The book just shows it as a 6 pin plastic connecton ( 2 PINS
WIDE AND 3 PINS LONG ) It does not show a location....
Forum: Mazda February 22nd 09, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Old Timer's and Maintenance

We just had our 2002 Honda accord done at 105,000 . That is what Honda
shows on their chart. There were no leaks, noises or bad belt when they
gave me the used parts back. "I" think Mazda is just...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Old Timer's and Maintenance

You guys just need to beleve me on this one. I have seen 2 cars that
this has happened to. One car came to the shop with the belt off and a
big hole in the front of the cover. The other one happned...
Forum: Mazda February 19th 09, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Old Timer's and Maintenance

Epher,

DO NOT fail to replace the tentioner and idler when you change the belt
and water pump !!!!! Yes, they make them selves known by sound but, it
is when they come out thru the front of the...
Forum: Mazda February 13th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
I'mmmmmmm Baaaaackkkkkkkk

Now Chris,..... let's not bring in the countries in on this !!! I don't
thing you shouls mention the " Poles " like that. Those people are tooo
much the butt of jokes as it is. I do wonder if there...
Forum: Mazda January 30th 09, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Where is Leon ?

Say, did Leon come back over to your side of the pond ? He is MIA from
the NG. I know his white MX-5 is fast, but I sure hope he didn't try to
drive it back home.

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda January 28th 09, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Where is Leon ?

Dale,

Go look at miata.net and it will tell everything you ever want to
know about her Miata.

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda January 27th 09, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Where is Leon ?

Say Lanny, where is Leon these days ? Did he leave Fla. and go back to
the home land ?

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda January 16th 09, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 35
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

Naw, this time of the year, you would be better off in the G6. It is
fog and 44 deg's F here in Seattle today. The roads will be wet and not
too much fun for a MX-5.

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda January 2nd 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
No postings since Christmas Eve?

Well, Bing has been sleeping for some time now. We have had snow, wind,
more snow and snow again last nighr ( Jan 2 ) The big problem for me
is, not so much the weather is, I had my left hip...
Forum: Mazda November 23rd 08, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
1991 MX5 over heating

Pat, The only thing holding you in Texas, is the price of living in
Hawaii.

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda November 21st 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
1991 MX5 over heating

OH'HO ! Please be careful that type of thinking. If you will look at a
Miata head gasket, you can have a gasket leak without loosing
compression. I had TWO head gasket leaks on my '91 (replaced by...
Forum: Mazda November 20th 08, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Hawaii (was Saddest day of the year....) NMC

Hi Pat,
No, they were "VW BUGS".

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda November 19th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Saddest day of the year....

I lived in Hawaii for many years and all of the "fun roads" lead to the
beach, where the fun is. All of the roads that might be what Miata
drivers call fun, are up in the mountains and would scare...
Forum: Mazda November 14th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
2009 changes

Nothing wrong with your NA ! That is the, " heart beat of fun ! "

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda November 4th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Saddest day of the year....

Well, this is not the saddest day yet, that will come in December when I
have my left hip joint replaced. I have a good friend that has a Miata
and he will come over and give "Bing" a drive to keep...
Forum: Mazda October 26th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 34
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Can't latch top.

I have put this fix in here before, but here it is again:

Remove the latch from the top .

Take it apart.

Take the little tab part that moves to lock the latch inplace and drill
a hole in the face...
Forum: Mazda October 26th 08, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Convertible Top Cover (Boot)

I use the top boot every time I put the top down. I don't want the sun
to damage the under side of the top. When I have the hard top on, I
cover the soft top.
I guess it just depends on how much you...
Forum: Mazda October 20th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Boss Frog V-8 Kit

Well, I think if you guys will go read the info. again, the last
sentance kind'a shows that they don't figure that you will use this car
to drive to work in. It sounds like they designed it for ...
Forum: Mazda October 18th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Boss Frog V-8 Kit

Has anyone had a chance to look at the : miata.net site and looked at
What's New and Hot ? Page down and look at the Boss Frog V-8 kit. My
'62 Corvette was 2600 pounds and 365 HP. Just think of...
Forum: Mazda September 6th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 56
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
2010 Miata Facelift Pics

Now "THAT" is a Fly N' Miata !!!!!

Bruce Bing '03 LS
Forum: Mazda August 14th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By BRUCE HASKIN
Who's here?

Iva, that's too bad about the drive. It's 84 deg's here in Seattle and I
just returned from a good top down drive of about 4 hr's. ( It sure is
nice to be retired )

I feel the same way about the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 238