Showing results 1 to 25 of 111
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philthy
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By philthy
1999 Cherokee Immobilzer Problems

you need to get a transponder module and reprogam the pin number to the
module and the old keys . it is a dealer only type issue since jeep won't
release the software to the aftermarket repairs...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 13
Posted By philthy
97XJ Rear Wiper Motor

carquest is a good source if you have one near you

wrote:

> Anyone know of a good source. Only been able to find for 96XJ and
> older online so far. Dealer wants $235 for a new...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By philthy
Help diagnose this noise 2

smack the cat. converter and see if it rattles if it does it is no good and
i have seen them make a noise that sounds just like a rod knockesp in the
trucks

jeepeeyes wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I own a...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By philthy
1998 Grand 8 cyl 5.9

u reprogam that controler and you will lose the timing curve that goes with the
higherflow heads not to mention the detonation that takes place

Ed wrote:

> bllsht wrote:
> > In message...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By philthy
1998 Grand 8 cyl 5.9

yes it is you have a rt engine that is also in the dakota truck

Ed wrote:

> A few days ago I bought a '98 Grand Cherokee with 8Cyl 5.9 and now I
> see that it might be necessary to use premium...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By philthy
ABS Light

it's a system on the vehicle thats need to have failure codes retrieved from
the abs computer then and only then can a good diagnosis's be made guessing
just cost more money

Terry Draycott...
Forum: Jeep September 18th 06, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By philthy
Parts

find a custom exhaust shop they can make it for less

John wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> My 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo needs a new front pipe with O2 sensor.
> Firestone quoted me some rediculous price like...
Forum: Chrysler September 11th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By philthy
1998 Neon Engine Running Issues

did they provide the specific trouble code on the repair order like they
should have??? can you post it??

david wrote:

> My wife has a 98 Neon and is experiencing lots of problems with the
Forum: Chrysler September 11th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By philthy
Assistance on "check Engine" codes P0725 & P0700

did you disconnect the battery to erase the codes???
the computer will still be in limpin mode if you did not

Ralph Shapiro wrote:

> Well, I've replaced both input and output trans. sensors, to no...
Forum: Chrysler September 10th 06, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 24
Posted By philthy
Fuel in the oil.

you said hac hac hac hac hac! you must mean glenn

Bill Putney wrote:

> wrote:
> > Bill Putney wrote:
> >
> wrote:

Forum: Chrysler September 10th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By philthy
Disable factory alarm on T&C?

call and get the part number i have a dozen or so and one should fit the number
20 bucs fit your wallet??
a good scan tool can do it so you don't need a dealer to do so

nobody wrote:

> Yeah sorry...
Forum: Jeep September 9th 06, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By philthy
Front seat cable broke

must remove seat cushions to get to it

Dennis wrote:

> Got a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. The lower cable that releases the front driver
> seat so that it can be raised foward broke.
> I would like to...
Forum: Chrysler September 9th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By philthy
Disable factory alarm on T&C?

read the owners manual it might be of some help in this issue

nobody wrote:

> OK cool. That's what i was hoping. Although I did trip it when I opened the
> rear hatche tonight, but the manual says...
Forum: Jeep September 4th 06, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By philthy
Oil Consumption 2000 JGC V-8

what engine do you have???

Carl wrote:

> And 5w is so light, it's probably burning when it's cold.
>
> Carl
>
> "Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep September 4th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By philthy
Had zj AC service, Now my cabin's flooding

they did not make sure the drain had the right amount of foam around it to
keep the water gtoing outside and not draining bac inside

maleemi wrote:

> I had my AC in my '96 GC Laredo serviced...
Forum: Chrysler September 4th 06, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By philthy
Anyone install "park assists" (backup sensors) on their car?

there is now kits that also have cameras and they work really well a good stereo
shop is were you can get them

"bicycle, The Fifth Wheel King" wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
> > Mark Bratcher...
Forum: Chrysler September 4th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By philthy
Monroe Quick Struts

yes there are direct bolt in

PC Medic wrote:

> Has anyone installed these themselves and if so what was your experience.
> Easy as they appear to be?
Forum: Chrysler September 4th 06, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By philthy
Remote Trunk Latch on Concorde not working...

you can assume you need a solinoid and latch. but you can easily check it
with a test lite and and possibly not waste you money buying a part you
don't need

maxpower wrote:

> "Mark Bratcher"...
Forum: Dodge August 31st 06, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 3
Posted By philthy
code P0442 Emission Control System Leak, 2001 T&C

the gas cap if thje center of it is rusty

bba wrote:

> My check engine light on my 2001 Town & Country
> came on today. I scanned it, and there was one
> code, P0442 EVAP Emission Control System...
Forum: Chrysler August 31st 06, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.dodge

bba wrote:

> My check engine light on my 2001 Town & Country
> came on today. I scanned it, and there was one
> code, P0442 EVAP Emission Control System...
Forum: Chrysler August 30th 06, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By philthy
Grand caravan/minivan and heavy duty package!!

buy a truck instead

ben wrote:

> Hey, does anyone out there know much about minivans?
> I want to buy a ~2000 or so Dodge Grand Caravan, Plymouth Voyager, or
> Chrysler minivan and want to use it...
Forum: Chrysler August 30th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By philthy
Caravan 2000, Power Window question

once you get all the screws out you have to pop! the door panel off if you don't
have the panel pop tools the palstic fastners are stronger than the metal they
are in. a simple test lite is all you...
Forum: Chrysler August 29th 06, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By philthy
2001 Cherokee Oil pressure gauge

first thnig to check is the pressure with a mechanical guage.this will
tell you if a oil pump issue is starting to occur then you can go from
there on a oil pressure sensor
min. spec for the 4.0 is...
Forum: Chrysler August 29th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By philthy
2000 Cirrus Alternator Replacement

none
i'm not a flat rate stealership mechanic like you

maxpower wrote:

> "philthy" <"noway "@ seeya.net> wrote in message
> > i have a good used one i...
Forum: Chrysler August 29th 06, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 17
Posted By philthy
Chrysler Alternator

thats why they call them stealerships