Showing results 1 to 25 of 142
Search took 3.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John McGaw
Forum: Technology May 24th 19, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By John McGaw
Air conditioner high pressure tube leak

On 5/24/2019 2:09 PM, Jack Myers wrote:
> Air conditioning season is not off to a good start this year. The high
> pressure line that is routed under the battery developed a pinhole leak.
> The tube...
Forum: Mazda September 23rd 12, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By John McGaw
FS: 2006 True Red MX-5 Miata Sport - East Tennessee USA

On 9/22/2012 4:08 PM, XS11E wrote:
> John McGaw > wrote:
>
>> Financial realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little
>> Miata.
>
> Financial realities suck!

Tell me...
Forum: Mazda September 21st 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By John McGaw
FS: 2006 True Red MX-5 Miata Sport - East Tennessee USA

I realize that this isn't meant as a For Sale forum but, given that nobody
seems to post anything at all here I don't see how it can hurt. Financial
realities have convinced me to sell off my...
Forum: Mazda October 6th 11, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By John McGaw
Stretched Parking-Brake Cables?

On 9/27/2011 10:17 AM, Arye wrote:
> I am told that the parking-brake cables of my 1990 Miata (154,000 miles)
> have now stretched beyond the ability of the manual adjusters (both at the
> brake...
Forum: Mazda November 29th 10, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By John McGaw
Is this as fast as a Miata?

On 11/29/2010 12:32 AM, XS11E wrote:

> Which would win in a top speed race?

Forum: Mazda August 20th 10, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By John McGaw
(UK. )Waiting delivery of new MX-5 Tech Sports (10 days I hope),Tyres??

On 8/20/2010 2:21 PM, Tim M. wrote:
> On Aug 20, 3:30 am, > wrote:
>
>> An NA or NB Miata gets a bit
>> light on the steering at or above 120 without full ground effect...
Forum: Mazda August 20th 10, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 8/20/2010 9:40 AM, NetMax wrote:
> On Aug 20, 3:09 am, > wrote:
>> On 20/08/2010 04:11, NetMax wrote:
>>

>>> On Aug 19, 12:55 am,...
Forum: Mazda August 19th 10, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 8/19/2010 12:55 AM, Donwill wrote:
> As above, from Mazda dealer, have not mentioned to them of my preference in
> tyres as yet.
> I would like "Uniroyals Rainsport 2".
> What are likely to be...
Forum: Mazda August 13th 10, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By John McGaw
NC Floor Mats?

On 8/13/2010 9:24 AM, pws wrote:
> On 8/5/2010 8:24 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>> Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
>> sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved...
Forum: Mazda August 6th 10, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 32
Posted By John McGaw
Next MX-5 Uncovered

On 8/5/2010 2:11 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> pictu
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mazda-mx-5/next-mazda-mx-5-uncovered/251503/pictures/next-mazda-mx-5-uncovered.aspx
>
> brief article:
Forum: Mazda August 6th 10, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By John McGaw
NC Floor Mats?

Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with the
rubber wearing through in the matter of a six...
Forum: Mazda July 23rd 10, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 54
Posted By John McGaw
Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

On 7/23/2010 3:23 PM, pws wrote:
> If you were to lose your current Miata today, be it totaled, stolen,
> whatever, and received enough money to cover a replacement, all the way
> up to an...
Forum: Mazda July 2nd 10, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 37
Posted By John McGaw
completely OT!

On 7/2/2010 12:16 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> I know we have some serious computer nerds here, and I say that
>> affectionately, even jealously ;-)
>>
>> Microsoft, in...
Forum: Mazda June 9th 10, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By John McGaw
Weird electrical issue...

On 6/9/2010 1:25 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> ...with my wipers and fan. Not the engine's fan, but the fan for the
> cabin air.
>
> I took a long trip in my 90A from Vancouver to Edmonton and then home
Forum: Mazda May 4th 10, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By John McGaw
Hard top opinions?

On 5/3/2010 6:39 PM, pws wrote:
> John McGaw wrote:

Forum: Mazda May 3rd 10, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By John McGaw
Hard top opinions?

On 5/2/2010 9:49 PM, Don Q wrote:
> On 2010-05-02 16:51:48 -0400, John McGaw > said:
>
>> When I bought my '91 I paid the extra for the hard top. When I traded
>> it in on a new MX-5...
Forum: Mazda May 2nd 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By John McGaw
Hard top opinions?

On 5/2/2010 2:58 PM, Don Q wrote:
> Is there a consensus about the hard top?
>
> On the one hand one can cite better weather protection in winter and
> better defense against vandalism and theft if...
Forum: Mazda April 26th 10, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 19
Posted By John McGaw
Newbie question

On 4/26/2010 12:37 PM, Don Q wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have always been a car nut, but circumstances have not always been
> favorable. I am now heading into what we might call an end of life
Forum: Mazda April 10th 10, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By John McGaw
advive needed please - preparation for a long trip

On 4/10/2010 1:43 AM, thomas wrote:
> Back again and looking for expert advice
>
> Hi, I am going down to the south of Spain next month on my own (driving
> on the wrong side of the road) and I will...
Forum: Mazda March 4th 10, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 103
Posted By John McGaw
Just for Fun

On 3/3/2010 10:26 PM, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.
>
> To...
Forum: Mazda February 17th 10, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By John McGaw
Westco dead again.

On 2/17/2010 2:13 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
> Battery a month or two old. Car sat for 3 weeks while we were on vacation.
> Won't crank. Thoughts? Just a bad battery?

If the same vehicle...
Forum: Mazda January 28th 10, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By John McGaw
gas longevity?

On 1/24/2010 11:31 AM, pws wrote:
> I am about to work on a "Other Than Miata" vehicle that has been sitting
> for almost a year. Are there any big worries about the fuel and oil
> being in it that...
Forum: Mazda January 28th 10, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By John McGaw
Not a Miata but this is awesome

On 1/28/2010 10:16 AM, pws wrote:
> I am surprised that I have not seen this before. 43 years and over
> 500,000 miles on her Comet, that is impressive to someone like me who
> has sold or destroyed...
Forum: Mazda December 2nd 09, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 65
Posted By John McGaw
Who's hanging out here these days?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Let me try this again w/o the attachment to see if that works better.
>
> cd
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message news:...
>>
>> I did this a...
Forum: Mazda November 21st 09, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By John McGaw
What doesn't work....and a question

snip...