Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John in Vegas
Forum: Jeep April 15th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By John in Vegas
GC check engine trouble

I don't think drilling the torque converter is such a good idea, maybe the pan.
Its got almost 100k on it, so I want to change the filter as well

John

"L.W. (Bill) Hughes III" wrote:

> Hi John,
Forum: Jeep April 14th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By John in Vegas
GC check engine trouble

I got the sensor changed, the check engine light is out, and it now shifts
again. BTW, it was a little different than the directions, but the location was
the same, Thank you.

Bill, do you have the...
Forum: Jeep April 13th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By John in Vegas
GC check engine trouble

OK you got me here. Why would I have to remove the drive shaft?

John in Vegas

"L.W. (Bill) Hughes III" wrote:

> I think I would go ahead and remove the driveshaft. Remember it's inch
Forum: Jeep April 12th 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By John in Vegas
GC check engine trouble

Thanks Bill.
Jeff, Im not too concerned that I got the right one because the code reading
says its the output sensor. When I bought the sensor, the dealer gave me a
copy of the manual that explained...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 07, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 47
Posted By John in Vegas
YJ front locker?

I have a detroit in the rear, and a lunch box up front on my TJ. I like it a
lot. In 2wd, the front isn't noticed, in 4wd, it still turns fine.

John in Vegas

Carl S wrote:

> Sno,
>
> I agree...
Forum: Jeep April 11th 07, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By John in Vegas
GC check engine trouble

I have a 98 GC, 4.0 auto. The check engine light came on ant the code
is P0720, output shaft speed sensor circuit. I got part # 1-04800879
(the sensor). Can somebody who has the factory shop...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By John in Vegas
hello again

bizbee wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:58:42 -0800 in >,
> John in Vegas > graced the world with this thought:
>
> check groups.google.com and use the...
Forum: Jeep February 15th 07, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By John in Vegas
hello again

I am trying to reset my puter (again!) Been having problems trying to
get on again. My point is, I cant get anything before today and forgive
me if I sound redundant.
Anything new?
Forum: Jeep October 12th 06, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 15
Posted By John in Vegas
2wd wranglers

How tame is the bore hog ooops

Coasty wrote:

> Tits on a bore hog comes to mind.
>
> Coasty
>
> "Outatime" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep October 12th 06, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By John in Vegas
Death Wobble

Do me a favor and check the track bar (thanks bill), it is loose. Same thing
with mine, but if you catch it early enough there wont be too much damage to
the bolt holes.

John in Vegas

Lloyd...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 06, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By John in Vegas
Death Wobble

for all you guys saying the stabilizer, let me say this. I don't have one, my
front only shakes because of bent rims, bad tires or something else that is bent
or broke. If you have the "DEATH...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 06, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By John in Vegas
Death Wobble

best part about this place is that you will correct me if/when im wrong. nice diagram.

And remember, real JEEPs have very few JEEP parts on them, and I think those parts are
frame, body and vin...
Forum: Jeep October 9th 06, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 24
Posted By John in Vegas
How to Destroy a Jeep

at the time he was 6, first gear crawling.

billy ray wrote:

> How 'little' was this son?
>
> "John in Vegas" > wrote in message
> > When my...
Forum: Jeep October 9th 06, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By John in Vegas
I hate unibody!

There was a company out there, forgot who they were/are, who anticipated this
problem for off road and sold a kit to gusset the area before it eventually
flexed itself in two.

John in Vegas

Bill...
Forum: Jeep October 9th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By John in Vegas
Death Wobble

Fixing the death wobble on my JEEP was easy, getting someone to tell me why it
happened wasnt so easy. It was the link that holds the axle from going side to
side (forgot what they call it). It was...
Forum: Jeep October 5th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 24
Posted By John in Vegas
How to Destroy a Jeep

When my little son flopped mine over, it just fell onto the drivers side.
It bent the windshield frame, cracked the glass, bent the door frame,
fender, flares. A bunch of guys came by and helped me...
Forum: Jeep October 5th 06, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 24
Posted By John in Vegas
How to Destroy a Jeep

When my little son flopped mine over, it just fell onto the drivers side.
It bent the windshield frame, cracked the glass, bent the door frame,
fender, flares. A bunch of guys came by and helped me...
Forum: Jeep October 1st 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By John in Vegas
XJ Front Seat Replacement

you only had to do it now?! damn, my 90 needed new frames 98! got away
with welding a couple times, but they never were straight. 13 yrs with
those things, please tell me you only have about 40k on...
Forum: Jeep October 1st 06, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By John in Vegas
2WD Wrangler...?????

A Co. I drove for picked up a couple of those rt. handers for us to use
when at the terminal. Fun to drive but better pay attention!!

John in Vegas

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" wrote:

> They all...
Forum: Jeep October 1st 06, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By John in Vegas
Lond Arm kit needed

My post never showed up on my browser, but let me add a little more of what I
am looking for. I don't care how much cutting and welding has to be done. It
needs to be strong, as I am very mean to my...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 06, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By John in Vegas
Lond Arm kit needed

I am look for suggestions for a long arm kit for my TJ. As of now, my
shocks and springs are shot, and I keep blowing out control arm bushings
because something is bent under there. So I am looking...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By John in Vegas
2WD Wrangler...?????

from what I can tell from JEEP web site only the 4 door are available in 2wd.

John in Vegas

Jeepnstein wrote:

> Right. They were tough little buggers, too.
>
> J.

Forum: Jeep September 27th 06, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 18
Posted By John in Vegas
Hey Bill Huges

I just want to click and use.

Lon wrote:

> Internet Exploder is a bit more CSS and HTML compliant than Netscape 4.7
> ever was, even if IE did then go on to add all sorts of "features" to
> allow...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23