Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wry-mouth
Forum: Jeep August 27th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Wry-mouth
Pitman arm removal

Yep, just got it off. Thanks for the reply though.

Earle Horton wrote:
> Why not? Unless the steering linkage interferes with your puller, you
> *should* be able to pull the pitman arm down far...
Forum: Jeep August 27th 06, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Wry-mouth
Pitman arm removal

Is it possible to pull the pitman arm off the steering gear without
having to take it off the drag link first? Thanks.

--
2001 Jeep TJ 4.0L
Kenzie

I appreciate all the feedback, but I guess I should have worded my
question differently:

If you had to choose between a used steering box with ~40k miles, or a
remanufactured box for about $100...
Forum: Jeep August 15th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Wry-mouth
Power Steering Gear Box options

It's leaking and my mechanic says the shaft is worn.

billy ray wrote:
> What leads you to believe it needs to be replaced so soon?
>

> "Wry-mouth" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep August 15th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Wry-mouth
Power Steering Gear Box options

It's worn out and I'm looking to replace it with either the used or
reman'ed box.

0]]]]]]]0

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> You already have that box.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
Forum: Jeep August 15th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Wry-mouth
Power Steering Gear Box options

I've got a 2001 TJ and I'm looking to replace my power steering gear
box. The best 2 options I have right now are a used 2002 box with ~40k
or a remanufactured box that will cost $100 more.

Which...
Forum: Jeep August 4th 06, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Wry-mouth
Bikini top into door surrounds

It's a Bestop with drill-in header. The sides can either be velcroed
around the bar, or clipped into the door surrounds (like the soft top).
I just can't get the top to stretch enough to fit the...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 06, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Wry-mouth
Bikini top into door surrounds

I just picked up a bikini top for my '01 TJ, and I'm having a heck of
time getting the sides into the grooves in the door surrounds. I can
get one side in, but the opposite side is just a fraction...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8