Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jake B.
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Jake B.
How do I know if my 1999 Explorer Sport has the towing package?

The towing package contains an extra radiator for the transmission fluid.
This extra radiator is smaller than the engine coolant radiator and visible
behind the grille.

Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Jake B.
Ford Taunus 17M 1966

Greetings to France!

This newsgroup is dedicated to the Ford Explorer and mostly frequented by
people from the US and Canada where the Ford Taunus is at least such a
seldom seen exotic car like...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Jake B.
1992 Explorer Turn signal problems

The multi-function switch is definitely a good bet. On Explorers which are
used for towing, sometimes the socket for the trailer lighting causes
similar symptoms due to oxydated contacts in the...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Jake B.
93 Ford Explorer Spark Plug Change

I have three early Explorers and so I go through this procedure several
times a year.

To make things even more comfortable, I usually remove the air-filter box
and duct. It's a good occasion to...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Jake B.
1997 interminttent speedometer

Sounds like either a mechanical or electronical problem inside the
instrument cluster. A malfunctioning speed sensor would affect the cruise
control.

"Frank King" > schrieb im...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 31st 06, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Jake B.
92 explorer brake question

The brakes (rotors, pads, drums, etc.) are the same. All parts have matching
part numbers, no matter if it's a 2dr or 4dr. But make sure you don't take
the rotors of '93 and later model. From '93...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 28th 06, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 41
Posted By Jake B.
Replace all tires for a flat one?

The Quattro system isn't computer controlled. I've been working for VW/Audi
and owned various Quattros throughout the past 20 years and still do. I have
never heard of any differential clutch...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 28th 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By Jake B.
Cargo cover '94 XL

here's what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-Tan-Cargo-Cover-Holders-91-94_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63690QQihZ019QQitemZ8076128492

these brackets are in tan, but Tom (the...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8