Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ron
Forum: VW water cooled June 14th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron
being dragged kicking and screaming into the (late) 2th century...

Yeah, and it's not far from you...somewhere in Georgetown, some lawyer
dude. It was a hell of a ride Nate, more car than I am driver..sadly
it's probably even more car than the new driver is, but his...
Forum: VW water cooled June 14th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron
being dragged kicking and screaming into the (late) 2th century...

Aye, need to change that, don't I? Sure, the ES has gone to her new
home, and been replaced by a 142 ( ugh...it was a dog, and gone) and
now a 122 wagon...which was also a mistake. I love my round...
Forum: VW water cooled June 12th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron
being dragged kicking and screaming into the (late) 2th century...

I've vowed never to own anything newer than a '95. since I don't care
for computers ..on my desk or in my car, but reality is setting in.
Vacuum gauges, compression and leak down testers and the...
Forum: VW water cooled December 28th 06, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
fuel grade

My .95 VR6 has the miles per gallon computer on board. My work also
has a fairly regular routine, with about 75% of the miles on
interstate, and 25% in town to suburban.

I ran 1000 miles on premium,...
Forum: VW water cooled December 21st 06, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Ron
95 Jetta door lock. door flies open

let me guess, it's been wet outside, and it's below freezing now.
Common problem, I've had limited success cleaning out the latch in the
door, and packing it full of grease. It keeps the water off...
Forum: VW water cooled December 11th 06, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

Cheap me, decided to try and swap them side to side, since I rarely
use ten passenger side.

Not only did I find they are NOT interchangeable from left to right,
but one of the springs broke ( for...
Forum: VW water cooled December 8th 06, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

And thanks again!

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:52:55 GMT, Mark Randol
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...
Forum: VW water cooled December 8th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

Thanks!

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:22:58 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

>well if the dealer's parts guy likes you he might set the tumblers in it for
>you. ;-)
>Or they can...
Forum: VW water cooled December 7th 06, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

And what about keying it? Since I rarely use the passenger side lock ,
it should still be OK, and I won;t care about having to jiggle the key
to open it....so are they interchangeable, side to...
Forum: VW water cooled December 7th 06, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

Well if they are that cheap, sure, I'll buy one. I expected it to be
MUCH more expen$ive.

!

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 04:23:43 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

>what do new door...
Forum: VW water cooled December 6th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

I've about worn out the driver's side lock cylinder in my '95 Passat,
but the passenger side is fine. Can ten lock cylinders be swapped out
from side to side?
Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Ron
93 Passat smoke under hood

And if there's leakage around the T'stat, the infamous plastic crack
pipe and monkey heart! WTF were they thinking?

On 18 Aug 2006 07:51:56 -0700, "
Forum: VW water cooled July 1st 06, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron
VR6 engine tranny mount question

Sooooo.... you wanna buy a car Mister?

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 07:27:01 GMT, "ConFewzHed" >
wrote:

>get rid of it while you still can...I had an oldsmobile do the same...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13