Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vern
Forum: Corvette September 23rd 08, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 27
Posted By Vern
29.8 average mpg on highway doing 75 mph with a/c on. I love myCorvette 'economy' car !

On Sep 22, 1:33*pm, " > wrote:
> That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along...
Forum: Corvette July 18th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Vern
AC refrigerant R12a vs R134

On Jul 17, 8:04*pm, "darden25" > wrote:
> R12 is still available and legal, however have you priced it lately, or the
> "disposal fee" they'll tack on to your bill? Most shops don't...
Forum: Corvette December 26th 07, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Vern
GM "TORX" screws for headlights

Hi,

I'm just ready to replace my first headlight on my C4.

According to the manual I have to remove these apecial screws.

Is that suppoded to come with my tools ?

I have the ratchet wrench for...
Forum: Corvette December 26th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Vern
92 C4 Tires

On Dec 25, 6:03*pm, "CardsFan" > wrote:
> "Vern" wrote in message

Forum: Corvette December 25th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Vern
Corvette Service

On Dec 25, 4:01*pm, FastFreddie@ nospam.net (FastFreddie) wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable garage/dealer for Corvette service, in
> the Atlanta area?
>
> Thanks * * *FastFreddie

Try...
Forum: Corvette December 25th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Vern
92 C4 Tires

Hi,

I did a search and didn't see this discussion.

I have a 92 LT1 Coupe.

I bought it with 106K and just a few thousand mi on the current set,
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 275/40-17 ZR rated.

I...
Forum: Corvette July 27th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Vern
C5 - Performance bargain

Hi folks....

For buyers thinking about buying a used Corvette.....

In the July 2007 of Road & Track, pg 127, it covers the C5 as a used
classic bargain....long article with specs and what to watch...
Forum: Corvette December 22nd 06, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 23
Posted By Vern
Low end buyer advice

WayneC wrote:
> Vern wrote:
> > Dale DeRemer wrote:
> >> I am looking to buy my first Corvette. It's a toy, I'm in Ohio, so I can
> >> only drive it about 1/2 of the year. I feel guilty spending...
Forum: Corvette December 21st 06, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 23
Posted By Vern
Low end buyer advice

Dale DeRemer wrote:
> I am looking to buy my first Corvette. It's a toy, I'm in Ohio, so I can
> only drive it about 1/2 of the year. I feel guilty spending money on a toy,
> so I'm limiting myself...
Forum: Corvette November 27th 06, 11:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Vern
Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Thanks Dad !

That's what I need !

Charlie, I'm in Virginia...great weather today...72 tomorrow....may
take the top off !

~ Vern

Dad wrote:
Forum: Corvette November 27th 06, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Vern
Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Ok, Thanks Charlie.
I figured about as much. In all I've been real lucky since I bought it
2 years ago with 106K mi, all I have had to repair is the water pump
and a new battery.

I'm not very handy...
Forum: Corvette November 26th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Vern
Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Hi,

I have a 92 LT1 coupe.

When I turn the headlights off or go from parking lights to off, the
doors close OK but afterwards there is a clicking noise for about 5
secs.

I haven't looked at it...
Forum: Corvette October 4th 06, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Vern
Interior light/door switch ?

PJ wrote:
> Vern wrote:
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > I have a 92 C4 LT1 coupe.
> >
> > After my wife took it on a trip, the interior lights won't come on when
> > the doors are opened, This also affects...
Forum: Corvette October 3rd 06, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Vern
Interior light/door switch ?

Hello Folks,

I have a 92 C4 LT1 coupe.

After my wife took it on a trip, the interior lights won't come on when
the doors are opened, This also affects the radio as it stays on and
the antenna stays...
Forum: Corvette August 27th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By Vern
Battery for a 1995 LT1 (6 speed) Coupe

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> Couldn't you replace about three water pumps for that price?
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Sincere is OK..

Yeah...if I was a Master...
Forum: Corvette August 27th 06, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> Couldn't you replace about three water pumps for that price?
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Sincere is OK..

Yeah...if I was a Master...
Forum: Corvette August 14th 06, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

OldSchool wrote:
> What brand/size should I buy? Mine is toast.
>
> Sadly, I don't drive it much. It has under 40K. I was told there was
> some sort of add-on contraption that would make a battery...
Forum: Corvette August 6th 06, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Vern
Engine Temperature

JL wrote:
> "Redbull" > wrote in message
> > YES this is normal for Vettes..!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Thanks

I agree with...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18