Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: scream
Forum: VW air cooled February 14th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By scream
71 Auto won't start

On Feb 13, 11:14 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> OK back to the basics! ;-)
>
> Gas, Compression, Spark
> You are missing one or more of the above
>
> Gotta ask questions like...
Forum: VW air cooled February 12th 07, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By scream
71 Auto won't start

Hi. I still can't get my bug going. The coil seems to be getting power
when I chuck the voltmeter on it, and so does the auto shift from the
coil. I have tried putting in a coil from another car and...
Forum: VW air cooled January 31st 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By scream
71 Auto won't start

Thanks for your help. I'll give that a crack.
Forum: VW air cooled January 30th 07, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By scream
71 Auto won't start

Hi guys. I thought someone may have a quick answer to this before I
test everything. Me and my son were sticking some spotlights on my 71
semi auto, 1302s. All was good until i went to start the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 14th 06, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Auto don't engage so well

Thanks. I haven't stuck a voltmeter on it yet but the light seems to be
steady on. Thanks for your advice. I'll give it a go in the weekend.
Andrew
Forum: VW air cooled November 12th 06, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Auto don't engage so well

And then I floored it and now the generator light is on.. next prob.
Forum: VW air cooled November 11th 06, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Auto don't engage so well

I am pretty dumb, but it felt like the brakes were stuck on because,
well, the brakes were stuck on. I had to rekit out the rear wheel
cyclinders cause there was a small leak and the brakes were...
Forum: VW air cooled October 8th 06, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Auto don't engage so well

Thanks. I'll try the adjustment.
There is heaps of oil in the tranny. Previously overfilled so I guess I
should drain that.
Thanks
Forum: VW air cooled October 7th 06, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Auto don't engage so well

Hi All
I have a 71 auto 1302s which has trouble when I first take off. It sort
of feels like the brake is on and then after a few trial revs it slowly
grabs and I take off. Any ideas what that is? Is...
Forum: VW air cooled August 13th 06, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By scream
Fuel Smell

That's a good idea, presurising the system for leaks. What sort of
pressure(psi) should be used?
Forum: VW air cooled August 6th 06, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By scream
Am I missing something on this generator?

Thanks for that Robert. I go to a metal work nightclass occassionally
so maybe I'll try and turn a spacer on the lathe. I think the shaft is
a bit long, about 5ml? I dropped a plumb line from where...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By scream
Am I missing something on this generator?

Hi
Thought I would start a new thread since I got the nut of the generator
shaft. Doesn't look like the pulley is sitting in the right spot on the
shaft and I'm not sure why as it looks like all the...
Forum: VW air cooled August 2nd 06, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By scream
Generator Shaft not locked to pulley - can't undo.

Thanks for all that research AR. I think a standard woodruff won't fit
so well now though. I do have the old one but it is a bit banged up. I
have put some pics on the back of my website here...
Forum: VW air cooled July 30th 06, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By scream
Generator Shaft not locked to pulley - can't undo.

Thanks for all your help guys. I got it off thank goodness. I trotted
down and got a 36mm socket (those things are expensive) Then I tried to
undo but the fan nut came loose instead. I did it up...
Forum: VW air cooled July 29th 06, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By scream
Generator Shaft not locked to pulley - can't undo.

Thanks for that. Think I'll give the back nut a go if I can find a
socket that big!
I guess if i have to resort to sawing I might as well pull the
generator out and try vice gripping the thread first...
Forum: VW air cooled July 29th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By scream
Generator Shaft not locked to pulley - can't undo.

Hi all. New to this group and VW's. Just picked up an 71 1302s 1600
auto a couple of weeks ago and it didn't have a generator pulley, so I
stuck one on to get me the 2 hours drive home. I noticed at...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16