Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Branden Nelsen
Forum: BMW February 21st 07, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

*shakes fist

*******! Give me my Cylinders!

"dizzy" > wrote in message
> Branden Nelsen wrote:
>
>>"John Carrier"...
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

Yes, Yes they did.

-Branden

"John Carrier" > wrote in message

> "Branden Nelsen" > wrote in message
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

That was a oops on my part, I meant to say all 6 not 4 ;(

-Branden

"Jim" > wrote in message

> "Branden Nelsen"...
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

No noises that I heard. And the engine didn't turn over at all afterwards or
even sound like an attempt to turn over.

-Branden

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

It was White/Grey smoke.

**Replaced within the last year**
Front Struts
Front Control arms and bushings
Rear Control arms and bushings
Front Rotors
Spark Plugs (Bosch Platinum 4+)
Airfilter with...
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

I was driving to work like normal, Everything was going great then all of
the sudden I lost all power to the engine. The Car still had Electric power,
just nothing from the engine. I pulled over...
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

*sigh

Sorry ment all 6! Apparently ive failed at math lol.

-Branden

"stuart" > wrote in message
> Branden Nelsen wrote:
Forum: BMW February 20th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

Unfortunately I haven't looked at Junk yards. Ive just scouted eBay. Ill
check out that link thanks!

-Branden

"z" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW February 19th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

That's what I was afraid of. Which really sucks as the car is extremely
Immaculate inside and out. The only problem is the Engine.

-Branden

"Tom Scales" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW February 19th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

It was a local shop that ived had do work before. They do Dealer level work
for less the the dealership would. Ive compared alot of items in the past
and they have always been alot...
Forum: BMW February 19th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 27
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Engine Replacement

I have a 99' 528i. That recently the engine died on. All 4 cylinders are
filled with Oil. The Shop indicates that I need a new motor in it, I was
wondering if these are good quotes for a normal...
Forum: BMW February 13th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Branden Nelsen
I want a garage with a Lift

.... You can give me that General Lee... =)

Very nice Rides you have there. I would LOVE to own a replica of the
General, your a lucky man.

-Branden

"RCE" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW January 28th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Warped Rotors -- Revisited

I wonder if this is the same issue ive been having. Ive had mine replaced
WAY too soon and its happened again. The shop claimed it was "cause im
braking too hard" which i know is BS lol. Hell i...
Forum: BMW December 6th 06, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Vibrations in Steering wheel.

I would check your brake pads, I had this same issues with my car and the
Rotor was warped. Changed out Rotors and pads and all was allot better.

-Branden

"Cameron502" > wrote in...
Forum: BMW December 6th 06, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 68
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Don't like the time between oil changes

I agree that is too long.

I have a 99' 528i and I change it every 3000mi. Of course I have about 195K
miles on the clock.

-Branden

"Erik" > wrote in message
Forum: BMW October 31st 06, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Service interval.

I've found that the last green indicator takes the longest to go out before
it turns to Yellow. Id say within the next 3,000 miles it will turn Yellow,
your indicator should be...
Forum: BMW October 25th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
Posted By Branden Nelsen
E39 vibration.

Could be Wheel balancing or Rotors.

Does he happen more when brakeing?

-Branden

"Leroy" > wrote in message
> Maybe the wheels need...
Forum: BMW October 10th 06, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Winter advice

Excellent! Thanks for the advice.

I don't really floor it or stomp the gas unless I HAVE too, and ive never
had the car near red line ever. Ill double check the coolant as well as when
I have my...
Forum: BMW October 10th 06, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 13
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Winter advice

I am not new to the can be harsh Iowa winters. However I am new to driving
my BMW IN them. I just bought Dunlop WinterSport M3's all the way around to
help with Traction/steering. However what else...
Forum: BMW October 9th 06, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Branden Nelsen
1997 528i with inspection light displaying when starting car - what to do?

Correct, That means that its time for the Inspection service to be done on
your car. Without the manual and proper documentation it may be hard to see
if you need Inspection 1 or 2 done. With that...
Forum: BMW September 17th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Posted By Branden Nelsen
name and make of rim?

What BMW is this on OEM?

-Branden

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
> People post rims on eBay all of the time. Do a search for...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 10th 06, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Looking at a getting a Mustang...

I am looking at trading in my car for a used 99-01 Mustang GT w/ Manual
Trans. I live in Iowa and would be having to drive this car year around
including in the snow. Does anyone here have...
Forum: BMW August 29th 06, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 16
Posted By Branden Nelsen
Reboring /sleeving 740 4.4 engine

I agree, that sleeving is a cheap way out and they know it. I would demand
that they replace the engine with a new engine, especially since the old
engine was taken care of from the sounds of it....
Forum: BMW August 27th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 23
Posted By Branden Nelsen
M5 versus Shelby GT500

Manual!

Sports cars with Auto's are a waste of money. You lose sooo much performance
value.

/me wish's his e39 was a manual and not a crummy auto =(

-Branden
Forum: BMW August 21st 06, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
Posted By Branden Nelsen
e39 Noise/ Steering issue

Mark you were right, I went back and the reservoir was almost empty! Now I
have to track down where this leak is. I filled it again to be safe and that
seems to have fixed the bad sound.

Thanks...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30