Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: root
Forum: Technology December 22nd 20, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By root
How long have you gone with a badly torn rubber boot in a rackand pinion steering arm?

Xeno > wrote:
> The boot keeps lubricant in and water out but it also keeps *dirt and
> grit* out. By not replacing the boot post haste you risk premature wear
> and...
Forum: Technology December 18th 20, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By root
Tires that actually last

AK > wrote:
> I bought some Yokohama tires at Discount *ires.
>
> They have a 60K warranty.
>
> But after 15K miles, the tire tread indicator is already showing.
>
> Are...
Forum: Technology April 8th 18, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By root
Help! '66 Mustang strange overheating problem

Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> > wrote:
>>Mine also over heats but I hit some bumps that sent me flying and the musta=
>>ng trannys cooling lines flat, I've replaced...
Forum: Technology July 24th 17, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By root
What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumerMPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)

rickman > wrote:

> Air resistance rises as the square of the speed. So faster is worse by more
> than the linear proportion. I find I notice the difference when I drive
> over...
Forum: Driving August 29th 10, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,la.transportation
Replies: 16
Posted By root
Unmarked Right-Turn-Only Lane?

Brent > wrote:

> They had been at the state and archer building for a very long time. I
> want to say 1919 but I cannot remember for sure and wikipedia nor...
Forum: Driving February 15th 10, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By root
amused by news coverage of toyota.

Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> I've swapped out many batteries over the years and never noticed any
> odors coming from any of them.

When a lead/acid battery is rapidly charged...
Forum: Driving March 21st 09, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
Posted By root
motorcycle touring

The Real Bev > wrote:
> Studemania wrote:
>
>> Heard on a radio show on hazards.
>>
>> "San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
>> motorcycle touring in...
Forum: Driving October 31st 08, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By root
Always replace headlights in pairs - HAHAHA

Alan Baker > wrote:
> In article >,
> Larrybud > wrote:
>
>> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"...
Forum: Driving February 1st 07, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 13
Posted By root
"Failed Brakes" MY ASS!!

Brent P > wrote:
> In article >, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> The Real Bev > said in rec.autos.driving:
Forum: Driving October 1st 06, 11:58 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By root
MFFY or MIFY?

The Real Bev > wrote:

> No, I'm talking about a sort of bulbous outcropping at an intersection
> designed to narrow the roadway for no discernible purpose other than...
Forum: Driving July 27th 06, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1,101
Posted By root
THE GOLDEN RULE

Mark Hickey > wrote:

The above reference includes a link to "the global warming hypothesis".
In that link there is a...
Forum: Driving July 26th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1,101
Posted By root
THE GOLDEN RULE

Kevan Smith > wrote: