Showing results 1 to 25 of 274
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ray
Forum: Technology August 10th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By ray
Analysis of my used ATF (T-IV) after 25,000 miles in '06 Camrywith U250E transmission

Anumber1 wrote:
> ray wrote:
>> Anumber1 wrote:

Forum: Technology August 10th 09, 04:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Anumber1 wrote:
> ray wrote:
>> Built_Well wrote:
>>> ========
>>>
>>> Don't be so boorish, Hls. If you want to learn...
Forum: Technology August 9th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Built_Well wrote:
> hls wrote:
>> Well, another $20 oil analysis tells you absolutely nothing.
> ========
>
> Don't be so boorish, Hls. If you want to learn what this
> analysis tells you, find a...
Forum: Technology August 4th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ray
Stupid GM tilt steering columns

Harry Face wrote:
> My steering column began loosening up on the Bonneville this past May.
> My regular mechanic kept putting off fixing it, so I brought it to a
> local repair shop here in town. The...
Forum: Technology August 2nd 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ray
Rant: Stupid GM tilt steering columns

What a friggin PITA. My 90 1/2 ton has done the very common backoff of
the E8 Torx screws that hold the tilt together, and so far, I've
probably got more time in disassembly than pulling the...
Forum: Technology July 14th 09, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By ray
Where does the block heater go on an 02 Legacy?

Last winter I discovered that the family wagon doesn't have a block
heater. Of course, I discovered this when it was -40. Thankfully I
have an attached garage.

I'm going to get a block heater,...
Forum: Technology July 8th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By ray
Shell gas with "nitrogen"?

Nicholas wrote:

> I long for a world where NEW AND IMPROVED! doesn't appear on detergent
> boxes anymore. At least I don't have to listen to those obnoxious
> OxyClean commercials anymore (RIP...
Forum: Technology July 8th 09, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By ray
Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920miles

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> The problem is that to do long-term oil analyses and keep accurate plots
> for years on end is an expensive proposition... much more expensive than
> the oil changes you...
Forum: Technology June 30th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By ray
1986 Chevrolet Celibity

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> it has to be because of a sensor.
>
> In '86, the fan was probably controlled directly by a temperature-control
> switch, rather than by the engine computer. Follow the wires...
Forum: Technology June 17th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By ray
'97 LeSabre Engine kaput

Steve B. wrote:
> So in a fit of madness I bought a '97 Lesabre with engine issues.
> Car is rust free in great shape with 85k miles. It was suffering from
> a leaky intake. Previous owner...
Forum: Technology June 4th 09, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By ray
Fuel Hose Replacement Question

Chris F. wrote:
> I should mention that this vehicle uses throttle-body injection, not port
> injection. Someone told me that port-injection systems require a much higher
> fuel delivery pressure...
Forum: Technology June 3rd 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Chris F. wrote:

> Obviously this is something I can't take chances with, but at the same
> time I simply can't afford to use OEM parts for this - there must be some
> sort of compromise that...
Forum: Technology May 19th 09, 09:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By ray
quick poll - american cars

Vic Smith wrote:

> I know the sound well, from watching/hearing family members accelerate
> away from the house. I would think, "My car sounds like that!?"
> You'll never hear it behind the wheel...
Forum: Technology May 16th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.acura,alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By ray
quick poll - american cars

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Vic Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 May 2009 14:21:12 -0700, SMS >
>> wrote:

Forum: Technology April 23rd 09, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ray
05 Neon Stalling

Dale wrote:
> Thanks for the input Ray. I hope that isn't the case here. Do you know
> if the car was displaying codes when it malfunctioned? The worst case
> possible is the PCM that fails...
Forum: Technology April 23rd 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ray
Question about Mass Air Flow sensor

j wrote:
> This is a question about a mass air flow sensor. The check engine light on
> my 1993 Pontiac Sunbird with a 4 cylinder engine began coming on a few days
> ago. It will come on for a few...
Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ray
05 Neon Stalling

Dale wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone in the group has any experience with
> Dodge/Mopar products that utilize the "SKIF" anti-theft system. The
> problem that I'm working with for my 2005...
Forum: Technology April 14th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
Cleaning coolant sludge from engine

sdlomi2 wrote:
>> My question is - what can I do to remove the sludge that's left? I
>
> Hi, Ray. If you aren't blowin' smoke at us, you and your racin' buddies
> surely know by now that you...
Forum: Technology April 12th 09, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Anumber1 wrote:
> ray wrote:
>> Scott Dorsey wrote:
Forum: Technology April 12th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> ray > wrote:
>> My question is - what can I do to remove the sludge that's left? I
>> didn't drop the pan or even remove both valve...
Forum: Technology April 12th 09, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By ray
Cleaning coolant sludge from engine

1990 Chev K1500. 350, somewhere around 240,000km. (odo broke years ago...)

intake gasket failed and I got coolant in the motor - everywhere. Truck
ran rough, stalled. Chocolate milk in the oil...
Forum: Technology April 8th 09, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ray
Leaking front struts

wrote:
> On 1 avr, 10:03, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>> My alignment was out of whack despite of...
Forum: Technology March 9th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By ray
Tire Rotation and torquing

Built_Well wrote:

> Before untightening the lug nuts on 2 wheels (the front passenger
> and rear driver-side wheels), I tested their torque reading by setting
> my torque wrench to 76 and then...
Forum: Technology March 9th 09, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ray
Brake Line Replacement

Chris F. wrote:
> Me again with this '88 Civic project. This car has been parked for about 8
> months now, and a mechanic recently told me that this is very bad for the
> brake lines. He said I...
Forum: Technology March 4th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By ray
How To Find Top Dead Center On A Chevy 327?