Showing results 1 to 25 of 187
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave[_4_]
Forum: Driving February 15th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Rating winter storms

> wrote in message
>

> It occurs to me that winter storms could be quantitatively compared
> by ranking them in...
Forum: Driving February 15th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Cop accuses home-made speed camera operators of 'stalking'

> My read of the article was, that it wasn't the videotaping that brings
> the stalking charge, it's the emailing the officers work to get him in
> trouble.

And how is that different from sending...
Forum: Driving February 15th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Kinda OT . . . that's one way to get off

So my wife got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago, and decided to fight it.
(got the charge reduced so no insurance surcharges, whew!) We go to court
today and we are like the only TRAFFIC charge...
Forum: Driving February 13th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Cop accuses home-made speed camera operators of 'stalking'

> And as far as the 15 year old buying alcohol, it's the forbiden nature
> that is much of the problem. There was a time when small children drank
> beer because of how unsafe the water supply was....
Forum: Driving February 13th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Cop accuses home-made speed camera operators of 'stalking'

> The real reason behind the whole thing of course is that the accused are
> trying to hold the cops to the law and the cop went fishing around for
> something he could use to harrass them.

And in...
Forum: Driving February 12th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 37
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Cop accuses home-made speed camera operators of 'stalking'

>> I'm just agreeing with
>> the cop, until the case is settled one way or the other.
>
> No, you're making the claim that traffic cameras = stalking according
> to GA code, which they do not. You...
Forum: Driving February 7th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Speeding Ticket in Michigan

> These things generally aren't worth the hassle to fight, unless you
>
> 1) Anticipate that you'll be getting a lot more of them, enough to
> threaten
> your license
>
> 2) You're already...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

"gpsman" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"gpsman" > wrote in message
> On Feb 3, 12:45 pm, "Dave" > wrote:
>> > It's only ironic that you...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

>> The short of it, The teen driver blew a stop sign and got Darwinized for
>> it. Grieving parents sue seemingly everyone in sight and get $4 Million
>> for their daughter's ****ty driving....
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

> I wonder if that is typical of all classrooms in the country any more.
> Maybe
> its the reason that we don't have enough home-grown doctors, with a lot if
> immigrants filling in for what we...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

> Nervous and tired.
>
> Not letting the wheel slide thru your hands? Who came up with that? I've
> never heard of that. What's the big deal? And, of course, if I had to
> duplicate the motion...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

> It's only ironic that you think such things would make a driver
> nervous. If a 16 yo kid can do it on a road test, why can't you?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

The road test is 5 minutes long, if that....
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 108
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Another Florida, "Jury Gone Wild."

> Or excessive MFFY factor. Remember, most drivers display the best
> skills at around age 16 during the initial driving test for a
> license. That test is on a canned course that bears less...
Forum: Driving February 3rd 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave[_4_]
F Bombs

>> > I question if people in these lower levels of government are really
>> > paranoid and thusly acting stupid, or just seeing this sort of thing as
>> > an opertunity to keep the fear...
Forum: Driving February 2nd 07, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Eeyore" > wrote in message

> [...]
Forum: Driving February 2nd 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"necromancer" > wrote in message
> Ref: http://www.news4jax.com/news/10903669/detail.html

Forum: Driving January 30th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Tire patch vs plug

"Terry" > wrote in message
> My sister says she had her radial tire patched. Can you do that? Is
> that better than having...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

> You may calculate at your leisure the likelihood of such a stupid idea
> as ignoring the speed limit for safety as being included in a truck
> driving curriculum with the final testing done by...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

> In light of the fact that someone taking a professional driving course
> has stated otherwise...
>

> ..you look really stupid.

No ****. GPS is arguing about something that was on our final...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

>>I just love guys like you. You pronounce with absolute certainty that no
>> professional driving course -- anywhere! -- teaches that one should move
>> at the speed of traffic.
>
> That's right,...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

"gpsman" > wrote in message

> On Jan 26, 12:09 pm, "Mike T." > wrote: <brevity snip>
>
>> Well...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

>> If you plan to drive a truck you had best learn quickly that drivers
>> colliding with you due to your low velocity are not your problem. Your
>> primary responsibility will be to not collide...
Forum: Driving January 26th 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 158
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Assumption of Guilt.

"BuySmartShopping" > wrote in message
> WWW.BUYSPAMSHOPPING.COM makes you wanna shop with us again and...
Forum: Driving January 21st 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 55
Posted By Dave[_4_]
Why doesn't Detroit make a car BUILT for low speeds