Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Randol
Forum: VW water cooled July 7th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Randol
95 Jetta III weirdness

In article >,
says...
> It only started after the new fuel pump so that's why i was thinking
> probably a bad or...
Forum: VW water cooled April 11th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Randol
DIY Replacing Window regulator

In article >, says...
> On 9 Apr 2007 09:46:49 -0700, "Rocky" > wrote:
>
> >i didn't mention this before but the passenger...
Forum: VW water cooled April 9th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Randol
DIY Replacing Window regulator

In article >, vwdoc1
@hotmail.com says...
> I agree with Mark...........it is usually not the motor but also I usually
> hear the motor run when I try...
Forum: VW water cooled April 8th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Randol
Cam belt replacement period

In article >, says...

> 56K is a good time to get the service done. In 4 years, depending on where
> you are located, the heat and cold could have cracked...
Forum: VW water cooled April 8th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Randol
DIY Replacing Window regulator

In article >,
says...
> On Apr 8, 12:18 pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> > Try this link then to see if...
Forum: VW water cooled April 4th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Randol
A3 Hard Morning Starting, Rough Idle

OK, you guys have convinced me to get out the mist bottle and get up
early one morning and look for spark leaks.

Thanks,
Mark
'95 Jetta GLS
Forum: VW water cooled April 3rd 07, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Randol
A3 Hard Morning Starting, Rough Idle

Late 1995 Jetta GLS, 2.0 liter, manual tranny, 110kmiles. Engine check
light NOT on, haven't seen it even flicker. Come to think of it, think
I'll watch it on startup this morning and make sure...
Forum: VW water cooled April 3rd 07, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Randol
96 Jetta oil leak at filter

In article >,
says...
> I recently changed the oil and oil filter. The filter I used was a
> Fram. Shortly after I noticed that...
Forum: VW water cooled March 27th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Randol
stereo lock code

Just pulled mine. The clips holding the radio in need to be pushed back
toward the cassette player in the radio to release it. Easiest way is
to insert the hangar until it stops, then push the...
Forum: VW water cooled March 26th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark Randol
Drivetrain layouts?

In article >,
says...
> >> I *THINK* the Fiero was transverse, but don't quote me on that.
> >
> > Mid-engine.
>
> Yes, and...
Forum: VW water cooled March 26th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Posted By Mark Randol
Drivetrain layouts?

In article >, says...
> I *THINK* the Fiero was transverse, but don't quote me on that.

Mid-engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiero

Mark
Forum: VW water cooled March 23rd 07, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Mark Randol
Common parts failures on older Golfs?

I don't remember anyone mentioning the A3's door wiring harnesses,
particularly the rear ones. At least on the versions with power
windows, the wires in these break in the hinge area, causing...
Forum: VW water cooled March 9th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Randol
Parts for Cam Cover Gasket R&R

Thanks. Sounds like some good ideas.

Just looking at it looks like cleaning the mating surfaces will be the
most time consuming part. And changing the oil afterwards to get rid of
whatever may...
Forum: VW water cooled March 8th 07, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Randol
Parts for Cam Cover Gasket R&R

Need to fix the oil leak. It's gone past seeping :(

I can see that the intake gasket at 'the split' will need replacing
after the upper intake is removed to get at the cam cover. What else am...
Forum: VW water cooled March 8th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Randol
Automatic Door Lock

In article >,
says...
> Hi all,
>
> My door locks are working except for one, the back left one. What
> could be the...
Forum: VW water cooled February 5th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Randol
#1 Injector Problem on a 1995 Jetta

In article >, says...
> Not shorted. The resistance across the injectors from the signal wire
> to the common return wire is the same for all four...
Forum: VW water cooled February 3rd 07, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Randol
#1 Injector Problem on a 1995 Jetta

In article >, says...
> When this problem occurred, I measured the resistance from the ECU side
> of the connector to the #1 injector and then from...
Forum: VW water cooled January 6th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Randol
'95 Golf alarm problem...

In article >,
says...
> Thought I was done with VW with the passing of my '89 but I'm back.
>
> I'm looking at a '95 Golf...
Forum: VW water cooled December 19th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Randol
95 Golf losing antifreeze

In article >,
says...
> Pumps wrote:
> > Any ideas would be appreciated
>
> The constant pressure is a dead-giveaway.
>
> You have...
Forum: VW water cooled December 18th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Randol
95 Golf losing antifreeze

In article <86nhh.492796$1T2.228096@pd7urf2no>,
says...
> I've got a 95 golf VR6 that is losing antifreeze. There doesn't appear to be
> any puddles under it but over a week...
Forum: VW water cooled December 8th 06, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Randol
Door lock cylinders ( '95 Passat)

In article >,
says...
> Thanks!

A little more step by step, and a lot more wordy, but for a '95...
Forum: VW water cooled December 3rd 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark Randol
92 Jetta runs rich then stalls

IIRC, he didn't say how he knew it was rich other than saying it smelt
of gas when cold.

I mentioned the vac leaks, etc because sometimes a 'rich report' is
actually way lean. Without enough gas...
Forum: VW water cooled December 2nd 06, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark Randol
92 Jetta runs rich then stalls

Again, assuming gas engine...

Isn't it running open loop at the time he's having problems? If so, the
air and O2 sensors don't do much.

I suspect either a bad temp sensor telling the car it's...
Forum: VW water cooled November 19th 06, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Randol
replacing dip-stick tube

In article >, says...
> Just bought a 3rd hand 2.0, 5 speed Jetta with 130k and noticed the dip
> stick tube (plastic) was busted.
> Anyone know...
Forum: VW water cooled November 4th 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Randol
94 Jetta: Fix or let 'er go?

I did something similar about a year ago for my '95. I figured I had
somewhere between $3-4k of repairs, so I started shopping. Two things
happened.

I found cheaper repairs, prolly in the $2k...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52