Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 1.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bucky[_1_]
Forum: Honda October 29th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
mid frequency brake noise

On Oct 29, 3:42 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Is the noise from the front or the rear?

front (can't tell left/right though)

> How old are the pads/shoes?
> Are the pads/shoes...
Forum: Honda October 29th 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
mid frequency brake noise

Sometimes I get a mid frequency brake noise when braking. It's not a
high pitched squeal, it sounds like a french horn. Seems to happen
usually at very slow speeds, when I'm braking lightly. I don't...
Forum: Honda September 20th 07, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 51
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
How to adjust windshield sprinkler in accord 2004

On Sep 15, 9:53 am, "Pszemol" > wrote:
> It this the same as with other, older cars, that you can
> put some paper clip end to the sprinkler hole and move it?
> I would not like to...
Forum: Honda August 30th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Can I get a louder horn?

On Aug 29, 10:21 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> You could certainly get a louder horn, and it might even be legal,
> but in the long run you're better off using your reaction time the
Forum: Driving August 30th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 32
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Can I get a louder horn?

On Aug 29, 10:21 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> You could certainly get a louder horn, and it might even be legal,
> but in the long run you're better off using your reaction time the
Forum: Honda August 16th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Bulk vs. Bottled oil at places like Jiffy Lube

On Aug 15, 2:57 pm, wrote:
> I am on the road often enough where I need to get my oil changed at
> Jiffy Lube or other convenient type of oil change place.

Don't ever take...
Forum: Technology August 16th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 38

On Aug 15, 2:57 pm, wrote:
> I am on the road often enough where I need to get my oil changed at
> Jiffy Lube or other convenient type of oil change place.

Don't ever take...
Forum: General August 16th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31

On Aug 15, 2:57 pm, wrote:
> I am on the road often enough where I need to get my oil changed at
> Jiffy Lube or other convenient type of oil change place.

Don't ever take...
Forum: Honda August 5th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.hackers.malicious,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
What is the fascination with spoilers on riceburners?

On Aug 3, 6:28 am, BigNetBuy
> wrote:
> Why do some Honda owners insist on adding spoilers that are literally
> 1/3 the size of their entire riceburner ?

to...
Forum: Honda August 1st 07, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
safe to use 2 jacks for tire rotation?

is it safe to use 2 jacks (the kind that comes in the trunk) to lift 2
wheels for tire rotation? Or are they too unstable for that?
Forum: Honda July 9th 07, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Scraping the Curb...suggestions about how to fix it?

> Touch-up paint will make the scrape less noticeable, but may not last.

I used Honda touch up paint on a deep scrape on my bumper (exposing
the black part of the bumper) about 4 years ago, and the...
Forum: Honda July 5th 07, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Jul 4, 9:38 am, wrote:
> I would also like your opinions on repainting it with touch up paint.
> I know that I can get the paint from my Honda dealership. Has anyone
> had any...
Forum: Honda June 13th 07, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Brake and clutch clicking sounds

On Jun 11, 11:44 am, oddvark > wrote:
> At very low speeds, as in just starting to move forward or backward, I
> get a lot of clicking from my brakes and my clutch.

very common...
Forum: Honda June 1st 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Drove with Parking Brake on :(

On May 31, 3:41 pm, wrote:
> Well it was bound to happen, got my first automatic honda, after about
> 20 years of driving an prelude than a civic. Well I backed out with my
> parking...
Forum: Honda April 21st 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
What to look for in a random-orbit buffer for waxing car paint

On Apr 19, 10:48 pm, wrote:
> I am about to get a new car and would like to start the habit of
> waxing the paint regularly.

You don't want to wax the *paint* on a new car....
Forum: Technology April 21st 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5

On Apr 19, 10:48 pm, wrote:
> I am about to get a new car and would like to start the habit of
> waxing the paint regularly.

You don't want to wax the *paint* on a new car....
Forum: General April 21st 07, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

On Apr 19, 10:48 pm, wrote:
> I am about to get a new car and would like to start the habit of
> waxing the paint regularly.

You don't want to wax the *paint* on a new car....
Forum: Honda April 13th 07, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Cruise contol question

On Apr 11, 10:20 am, "perrylep" > wrote:
> I managed to go from drive to neutral...and
> boy do I remember the engine revving up way more than I've ever heard an
> engine...
Forum: Honda April 11th 07, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
Cruise contol question

On Apr 10, 7:12 am, wrote:
> I've ordered a Fit, a manual transmission. My question is about the
> cruise control..I know that depressing the brake while the cruise is
Forum: Honda February 23rd 07, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 33
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
2007 Civic Odometer - switch between km & miles?

> UGH! Those difficult to read ones.

Actually, they're very easy to read. They're so high on the dash and
bright that I can easily read them from one lane distance. =)
Forum: Honda February 22nd 07, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Feb 21, 4:23 am, Tegger > wrote:
> NO. Your speedometer is already dual-labeled, which is all that's required.
> Transport Canada does not care about your odometer.

I think the...
Forum: Technology February 15th 07, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 90
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
People who claim 'they could build a 400mpg Hybrid' amuse me.

On Feb 14, 6:25 am, "Don Stauffer in Minnesota"
> wrote:
> Now, with a plug-in hybrid, one can play games. If you only used it
> for trips less than the battery can contribute,...
Forum: Honda February 12th 07, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 0
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
rear suspension squeaking after rain

I was driving for hours in the rain yesterday. Today, my rear
suspension squeaked like crazy. Why is that, and how do I fix it? I
have a 2001 Civic, if that matters.
Forum: Honda October 10th 06, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By Bucky[_1_]
rubber engine mount

thanks very much!