Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve W.[_2_]
Forum: Technology October 20th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
changing the governor (speed limit) on a 03 diesel truck

Mwahahahahaaahaa wrote:
> The governor is factory set and is set at 70mph. On normal roads that
> is way more than adequate, although we do a lot of interstate driving
> where the speed limit is...
Forum: Technology October 19th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Dropped plastic piece into trans... how can it be removed?

Al Kondo wrote:
> A friend of mine has the rare find of a daughter who goes to college
> and works on her own car! She is quite handy; I once helped her R&R a
> water pump on her car on the side of...
Forum: Technology October 19th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Should radiator core be painted black?

Doc wrote:
> Just got a radiator for my '89 Cressida, but the core is bare aluminum.
> Every radiator I've seen has been painted black. Seems I read somewhere the
> reason is more than just cosmetic,...
Forum: Technology October 18th 06, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
bypassing rear brakes

Nate Nagel wrote:

> What's a "DIN" flare? Is that what I'd know as an ISO or "bubble"
> flare? If so I disagree; a bubble flare can only be disassembled once
> or twice before it needs...
Forum: Technology October 18th 06, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
bypassing rear brakes

Andy Dingley > wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:

Forum: Technology October 17th 06, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
bypassing rear brakes

Andy Dingley > wrote:
> N8N wrote:
>
>> I see you're posting from the YooKay so I understand where you're
>> coming from, but there *are* no "copper alloy" brake lines in...
Forum: Technology October 13th 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.energy.renewable,sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.environment
Replies: 255
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Compressed Air powered, zero emission cars - for $6.5K each

Hoggle wrote:
> daestrom wrote:
>> I simply have stated that compressing air with a windmill is not that much
>> more cost effective than compessing air with grid power. Using a windmill
>> instead...
Forum: Technology October 12th 06, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.energy.renewable,sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.environment

wrote:
> Solar Flare wrote:
>> You have an inferior car, due to high friction then.
>
> Well no, it is a light and economical car.
>
>> If I put my Camry
>> in neutral at 80...
Forum: Technology October 10th 06, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Which electric car is best?

Eeyore wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm interested in going electric, since all the trips
>> that I make are short and on local roads, and
>> electricity is so cheap.

Forum: Honda October 8th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Windshield wiper arm puts too much pressure on blade (buckling)

wrote:
> I have a 97 accord (190K). Over the past 40K miles, I noticed that the
> drivers side wiper blade leaves streaks. I tried replacing the blade
> from a Trico to a Honda...
Forum: Technology October 8th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

wrote:
> I have a 97 accord (190K). Over the past 40K miles, I noticed that the
> drivers side wiper blade leaves streaks. I tried replacing the blade
> from a Trico to a Honda...
Forum: General October 8th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

wrote:
> I have a 97 accord (190K). Over the past 40K miles, I noticed that the
> drivers side wiper blade leaves streaks. I tried replacing the blade
> from a Trico to a Honda...
Forum: Technology October 4th 06, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
How to Tow RWD MT Car with Car Dolly ?

loadhawg wrote:
> Assuming a 350 mi 1-way trip...
>
> I've always heard that the way to tow a car (with a car dolly) was to
> disconnect the driveshaft at the rear axle. Given a solid rear axle...
Forum: Technology October 3rd 06, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
oval track spring question

ray wrote:
> I know there's a couple of racers on here, maybe you can help me
> understand why all the books and all the experts recommend a stiffer LR
> spring over the RR? They say do it, but...
Forum: Technology September 29th 06, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Stuck differential fill plug, filling through vent.

wrote:
> I have a '92 S-10 2-wheel drive with the rear diff filler plug
> completely stuck. After trying a few things mentioned here and a few
> things mentioned by friends, I just...
Forum: Technology September 28th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Which oil filters are best?

J J wrote:
> Does anyone know what brand of filters the large fleet owners use? Like
> NY or LA cabs or police cars that get heavy duty use.
> It seems they would use a proven brand that is...
Forum: Technology September 28th 06, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
96 Geo Metro 1.0 L ECM?

Steve wrote:
> I picked up a very nice and clean 3cyl. Geo in an impound yard. It is a 96 5
> spd.
>
> It had been partially stripped of it's starter, alternator and ECM.
>
> The ECM designation...
Forum: Technology September 26th 06, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Drum Brakes and Disc Brakes, A Historical Question

phaeton wrote:
> In the early part of the last century, there were a lot of different
> styles of brakes. Seems that we all settled on the internal drum brake
> for a good part of the century.

Forum: Technology September 26th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Which oil filters are best?

Mike Romain wrote:
> * wrote:
>> wrote in article
>>>
>>> After I got two bad napa filters in a row I started shopping...
Forum: Technology September 24th 06, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
What should I expect to pay to get headlights aimed

Nate Nagel wrote:
> ben wrote:
>> on a 1987 Honda Accord?
>>

> about 1/2 hour labor, whatever the going rate is in your area.
>
> Odd that this should be asked today... was just hooking the...
Forum: Technology September 23rd 06, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
need invoice-printing template

sdlomi2 wrote:
> Anyone know of a simple invoice-template one can use to bill for
> cash-only repair shop? Thanks for any help. sdlomi2

If you have office, go to MS office website...
Forum: Mazda September 21st 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
Desperately need help in a god-awful hurry - Anybody?

Don Bruder wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Bruder > wrote:
>

>> It's looking more and more like I'm going to find a ruined gasket once I...
Forum: Technology September 21st 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Don Bruder wrote:
> In article >,
> Don Bruder > wrote:
>

>> It's looking more and more like I'm going to find a ruined gasket once I...
Forum: Technology September 17th 06, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
State inspection

Crabby wrote:
> I didn't say what state, Texas. I know it's illegal and would like to
> find the written law to prove a point.
> HJ
>
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:45:31 GMT, Crabby...
Forum: Technology September 17th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve W.[_2_]
State inspection